MHRD Scholarship 2019: The Ministry of Human Resource Development, Department of Higher Education has released the online notification for MHRD Scholarship 2019. Secondary and higher secondary students can be benefited through this Scholarship. This is the Central Sector Scholarship also available for College and University students. The main objective of this Scholarship is to improve the education sector of the state. Also, provide financial support to meritorious students who are not able to continue their higher studies.
Students studying in class 1 to class 10th can apply for pre-matric scholarships. Students studying in class 11th and 12th can apply for secondary education scholarships. Graduate and postgraduate students can apply for higher education scholarships. Students should read this article below to know the eligibility, application, etc. of MHRD Scholarship 2019-20.
MHRD Scholarship 2019
MHRD provides different scholarships to underprivileged students such as Pre-Matric, Post-Matric, Merit Cum Means, & Minority. So, all the category candidates can fill the MHRD scholarship application form and complete their education without any financial hurdle. The total number of scholarships are allocated between the State Education Boards based on the number of students passing out from various boards in the country within the age limit of 18 to 25 years. The State Education Board distributes scholarships between the pass outs of Science, Commerce and Humanities streams in 3:2:1 ratio. There are 2 categories of MHRD scholarships.
- National Scholarships
- External scholarships
MHRD Scholarship – National Scholarships
Scholarships come under National Scholarships
- National Overseas Scholarship for OBC students
- Central Sector Scholarship for Top Class ST students
- UP Scholarship 2019-20
- Central Sector Scholarship Scheme for College and University Students
- SC-ST Scholarship for students
- Scholarship for Girls
Central Sector Scholarship Scheme
This scholarship is given by MHRD Govt. of India to only the meritorious students who have passed in class 12. 82000 scholarships are awarded every year for pursuing UG/ PG in colleges and universities. Out of 82000 scholarships, 41000 are reserved for boys and remaining 41000 for girl candidates. Scholarships are also awarded for medical, engineering, etc. professional courses. The following are some important points of the scholarship.
- The Scholarships are distributed based on the senior secondary examination results.
- Families annual income must not be above Rs. 6 Lakhs.
- Graduate students will get a scholarship of Rs. 1000/- whereas postgraduate students will get a scholarship of Rs.2000/- per month.
- Students can also renew their application form if they have secured a minimum of 60% marks in aggregate.
- Authorities will select the students based on the merit list.
Special Scholarship Scheme for Jammu & Kashmir
This scheme offers to encourage the students from Jammu & Kashmir to study in institutions outside the State. It provides around 5000 scholarship towards tuition fees and maintenance allowance to students. The rate of scholarship towards tuition fee for Engineering courses is Rs.1.25 Lakh per annum, for Medical Courses Rs.3 Lakh per annum and for General Degree courses Rs.30000 per annum.
However, all students can avail a fixed maintenance allowance of Rs. 1 Lakh per annum. Scholarship amount will be transferred directly to the student’s bank account through the Direct Benefit Transfer mode. 10 supernumerary quota are available in Engineering colleges whereas 2 to 3 supernumerary quota are available in Nursing colleges. This scheme also organizes workshops across states. The main goal of this scheme is to provide all the benefits to the deserving students. The following are the eligibility criteria of the scholarship.
Eligibility Criteria for Jammu & Kashmir Scholarship Scheme
- Families annual income must be less than Rs. 6 Lakhs.
- Students who have passed class 12 from the state and secured admission in Section 12B of UGC Act, AICTE or respective regulatory body approved institutions outside the state.
- Students should apply online on the AICTE portal www.aicte-jk-scholarship-gov.in.
- Students pursuing courses through Open Universities and Diploma courses are not eligible.
- Students should not get benefit from other scholarships.
- Students must not get admission through management quota.
Scholarship scheme for students from the Non-Hindi speaking States for Post-Matric Studies in Hindi
The main objective of this scheme is to encourage students of Non-Hindi speaking States to study in Hindi. This scheme distributes around 2500 scholarships to meritorious students studying Post-Matric to Ph.D. This scheme also provides Rs. 300 to Rs.1000 per month to each student based on the course and stage of the study. This scheme is implemented by the State Government/ UT Administrations.
MHRD Scholarship – External Scholarships
MHRD enables the nomination process for the external scholarships offered by various countries. Most of these scholarships are for research, Masters and Doctoral courses. Cultural/ Educational Exchange Programmes offers these scholarships. The list of these scholarships is given below.
- Agatha Harrison Memorial Fellowship by MHRD: This fellowship scheme offers to Indian students with a minimum of 3 years of teaching experience at UG/ PG level. This fellowship encourages young scholars interested in pursuing an academic career in Modern Indian Studies sponsored by Government of India at St. Antony’s College, Oxford (U.K.).
- Korean Government Scholarship by MHRD: This scholarship is provided by the Korean Government to Indian students interested in pursuing higher studies. Indian students have to study at a Korean University or a NIIED designated Institute Under this scholarship. However, the Korean Government will select only 5 students out of 8 nominations and some monthly allowance will be given to those students.
- Israel Government Scholarship by MHRD: This scholarship is provided by the Isreal Government to Indian students interested in pursuing higher studies at Israel University. Total 7 scholarships are provided to students out of which 2 are for Hebrew language and 5 for a Research under this scholarship. Students will be benefited with some monthly allowance, health insurance, and tuition fee facilities.
- Chinese Government Scholarship by MHRD: This scholarship provides an exchange program between China and India. Under this scholarship, students will be benefited from boarding, lodging, health insurance, tuition fee, and other facilities by China Government. Some amount of scholarship will be provided to students.
- UGC Scholarships by MHRD: University Grants Commission is the educational structure working under MHRD to provide scholarship to the meritorious students for their higher education. This scholarship offers college and university education to economically deprived students.
- AICTE Scholarships by MHRD: This Scholarship is provided to students on merit basis by AICTE. AICTE offers financial support to students in the form of scholarships. Indian students studying under AICTE approved Institutions will be given 4 scholarship schemes. The list of AICTE scholarships is mentioned below.
|List of AICTE Scholarship||Number of Scholarships|
|AICTE JK Scholarship||5000|
|AICTE Pragati Scholarship for Girls||4000|
|AICTE Saksham Scholarship||1000|
|AICTE PG Scholarship||–|
How To Check MHRD Scholarship Payment Status?
Students should have valid ID proof and bank account details in their name to avail the scholarship benefit.
- Students can check the payment status on Public Financial Management System (PFMS) portal.
- Students can click on know your payment on https://pfms.nic.in/Users/LoginDetails/Login.aspx page.
- After that, the Aadhaar or bank account number can be entered to view the payment status.
MHRD Scholarship Eligibility Criteria 2019-20
Refer to the below eligibility conditions for the MHRD Scholarship 2019-20.
- Regular students studying in class 12 should have secured 80% marks in the board examination.
- Students pursuing regular courses in Colleges/University approved by AICTE, UGC Act 1956, Medical Council of India, Dental Council of India and respective regulatory authorities.
- Students should not be getting the benefit of any other scholarship scheme including State-run scholarship/ Fee waiver/ Reimbursement scheme.
- Students pursuing Diploma courses are not eligible.
- Students pursuing correspondence or distance courses are not eligible under the scheme.
- The amount of the scholarship is payable for a maximum of 4 years for studying in India only at secondary and higher secondary classes.
- Families annual income must not be above Rs. 6 Lakh.
MHRD Scholarship Scheme 2019-20
- Selected candidates for MHRD Scholarship 2019 will receive Rs. 6000/- per annum i.e, Rs. 500/- per month for their further studies.
- The tenure of the scholarship for Ph.D. is strictly 2 years without any extension.
- During this tenure a scholarship amount of Rs. 12400/- per month will be paid to students.
- The rate of MHRD Scholarship for the College and University courses is Rs. 10000/- per annum at graduation level. Whereas Rs. 20000/- per annum will be given at the post-graduation level.
- Students pursuing professional courses with a duration of 5 years will get Rs. 20000/-per annum in the 4th and 5th year.
- However, students pursuing technical courses such as B.E., B.Tech, etc. will get MHRD Scholarship up to graduation level.
MHRD Scholarship Application Process 2019-20
Students must refer to the below points to apply for MHRD Scholarship 2019-20.
- Students should visit the official website www.mhrd.gov.in.
- Applications will be available online in the month of June-July every year.
- Read the notification link appeared on the homepage.
- Select the proper link and click on it to apply online.
- Fill the MHRD Scholarship online application form correctly with the valid information.
- Upload educational documents, income certificate, ID proof, admission letter, caste certificate, and disability certificate.
- A passport size photograph along with signature must be uploaded in the application form.
- The application should be verified by the Institute or by the concerned State Education Board. Otherwise, it will be considered as invalid.
- Submit the duly filled application form and take a printed copy of the form for future purpose.
MHRD Scholarship Reservation 2019-20
All the reserved category or EWS students will be selected for this scholarship on the merit basis subject to Central Reservation Policy. MHRD Scholarship reservation for various categories are given below:
MHRD Scholarship Selection Criteria 2019-20
Students will be selected for this scholarship on the basis of written test conducted by the Department. However, each State/ Union Territory will conduct its own competitive written test to select students for the award of National Means Cum Merit Scholarship. The following are the two tests conducted at the state-level examination.
Mental Ability Test (MAT)
- It consists of 90 multiple choice questions for testing verbal and non-verbal reasoning and thinking abilities.
- The questions will be asked from Analogy, Classification, Hidden Figures, etc.
- MAT test will be held with a duration of 90 minutes.
Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT)
- It consists of 90 multiple choice questions based on Mathematics, Science and Social Science subjects of class VII and VIII syllabus.
- SAT test will also be held with a duration of 90 minutes.
MHRD Scholarship Renewal 2019-20
This scholarship is renewable up to 5 years in the same stream at the graduation level. For all professional courses, the scholarship will only be renewed up to the graduation level. If a student is unable to appear in the annual exam due to illness or some incident then the scholarship may be renewed for the next academic year on submission of verified proofs. Students changing their college/ University would be allowed to renew the scholarship. So, students who have applied for MHRD scholarship last year need to fill the renewal form to apply for the same scheme this year. Students can log in the MHRD scholarship official portal and enter valid details in the renewal form.
FAQ’s on MHRD Scholarship 2019
How many scholarships are awarded every year for continuing higher education?
82000 scholarships are awarded every year for pursuing graduate/ postgraduate studies in colleges and universities. Out of which 41000 are reserved for boys and remaining 41000 for girl candidates. 50% of the scholarships are reserved for girls.
What is the objective of the MHRD Scholarship?
The main objective of this Scholarship is to provide financial support to meritorious students who are not able to continue their higher studies. So, all the category (SC/ST/OBC/Minority) candidates can fill the MHRD scholarship application form and complete their education without any financial hurdle.
What are the different scholarships provided by MHRD?
MHRD provides different scholarships to underprivileged students such as Pre-Matric, Post-Matric, Merit Cum Means, & Minority.
Hope this article will help you to get information about MHRD Scholarship 2019-20. If you have queries related to MHRD Scholarship, leave it in the comment box and we will get back to you soon.