AICTE JK Scholarship 2019-2020: JK Scholarship also is known as PMSSS Scholarship 2019 is meant for students of Jammu and Kashmir who are willing to get higher education in various fields such as, Engineering and Technology, Nursing, Pharmacy, Hotel Management, and Catering Technology, Architecture, Crafts and Design, Arts, Medical and General education. The scheme is also available for Diploma passed students who want to do graduation in Engineering and Technology as Lateral Entry(2nd year BE/B.Tech).
Prime Minister’s Special Scholarship Scheme (PMSSS), J&K is an elite scholarship opportunity for students who are citizens of Jammu and Kashmir. Begun in the year 2011, the scheme strives at improving employment opportunities for the young scholars of the state by granting them financial support to proceed with studies at an undergraduate level outside J&K. 5000 fresh scholarships every year, for studying in the best academic institutions outside J&K. Administered by the All India Council for Technical Education, the AICTE JK 2019 Scholarship is executed within the state by J&K Cell.
Get the details of the eligibility conditions to qualify for this scholarship, how to apply for it, along with the duration of application. Also, know the procedure of the scholarship to be paid to students and selection procedures. In this article, each important detail about the AICTE JK scholarship including the dates, eligibility criteria, application procedure, award details, selection procedure, etc. are given here.
JK Scholarship Important Dates
Before investigating information about the JK Scholarship, you should be knowledgeable of the important dates related to it. The scholarship encourages applications from eligible students every year within a specified time duration. Here, all the significant dates related to the scholarship for the academic session 2019-20 is mentioned.
|Online registration starts||10th April 2019|
|The last date of online registration for class 12 passed/ appearing students||31st May 2019|
|The last date of online registration for diploma passed students (lateral entry in engineering stream only)||18th June 2019|
|Online document verification of registered candidates at facilitation centers||16th April 2019 to 31st May 2019,|
16th April 2019 to 14th May 2019 (for lateral entry students)
|Choice filling option for students whose documents have been verified||22nd April 2019 to 31st May 2019,|
20th April 2019 to 14th May 2019 (for lateral entry students)
|Publishing of provisional merit list on the portal||11th June 2019,|
Up to 10th June 2019 (for lateral entry students)
|Document re-verification at facilitation centers||11th June 2019 to 13th June 2019|
|Publishing of final merit list on the portal||18th June 2019,|
14th June 2019 (for lateral entry students)
|The first round of online counseling (provisional seat allotment)||To be announced|
|The second round of online counseling (provisional seat allotment)||To be announced|
JK Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
To apply for the JK Scholarship, students have to fulfill certain requirements which essentially depend on their domicile, academic qualification, and family income. Know about the eligibility criteria which are necessary to be accomplished for this scholarship here.
- Students should be State Subject (domicile) of J&K State
- Students should have Passed 10+2 Exam from JKBOSE or CBSE affiliated schools located in J&K
- Students should have Passed 10+3 Diploma from J&K State Polytechnic for admission directly in the second year in the prescribed list of Colleges against on the vacant seats of the previous year
- Overall Family income of the student should not exceed Rs. 8.00 Lakh per annum
If a student is not eligible:
- The students are persevering in their studies within open universities.
- The students who are already undergoing financial assistance under this plan or any other scholarship scheme.
- The students getting admission within the management quota.
- The students who are persevering studies at the postgraduation level.
- The students who have procured admission to a college other than the designated colleges.
- The students getting admission within NGOs/Agents.
- The students who have annual family earnings greater than INR 8 Lakh per annum.
JK Scholarship Application Procedure
Every year, AICTE welcomes online applications from eligible candidates on its official website. If candidates fulfill all the eligibility criteria for JK Scholarship Portal, they can apply for it, following the below steps:
- Visit the AICTE JK Scholarship Login official website, www.aicte-jk-scholarship-gov.in.
- Click on the registration button to apply for PMSSS.
- Fill in all the necessary details.
- Submit the JK Scholarship form.
- On successful registration, candidates will receive an SMS/email on a registered mobile number/email for verification.
- Click on the verification link to perform the registration process.
- After the successful registration, candidates are required to log in via the AICTE JK Scholarship website.
- Keep the scanned copies of all the supporting documents in jpg/png format with the file size not more than 2 MB.
- Once logged in, read the brochure thoroughly, tick the declaration and click on the “Proceed Further” button.
- Fill in all necessary details in the application form such as personal information, address, family income, educational details, etc.
- Upload all supporting documents as particularized and preview the application form.
- Provide the details of preferences and grievance centre details.
- Finally, submit the application form by clicking on “Submit Application”.
- After successful submission of application online, the candidates are required to get the print out of the application form and visit the facilitation center along with all supporting certificates in original for document verification.
- Present the photocopies of all the certificates to the facilitation center at the time of verification.
- Once the document verification is done, the candidates are required to assemble a copy of their document verification report.
Documents Required for JK Scholarship
- Passport-sized photograph of the candidate (preferred size – 200 X 230 pixels)
- Scanned signature of the candidate (preferred size – 140 X 60 pixels)
- SSC/Class 10th mark sheet
- Domicile/Day Scholar certificate issued by the government of J&K
- Aadhaar card (if available)
- Family income certificate issued by the Tehsildar or equivalent
- Category/Caste certificate issued by the competent authority of state government (if applicable)
- Certificate of disability (for Persons with Disabilities – PWD)
Note: Aadhar Card is essential for smooth DBT (Direct Benefit Transfer) through Public Financial Management System (PFMS).
JK Scholarship – List of Facilitation Center
The applicant is required to get their uploaded documents verified with the originals at the nearest Facilitation Centres set-up by Government of J&K and once it got verified and uploaded with stamp on portal of Facilitation Centres and then only choice filling window will be activated for only The choice filling window will be blocked on the last date, after that no change will be allowed in order of preference. After document verification from the facilitation center, the candidate should collect a copy of the document verification report without fail.
Facilitation Centers for J&K PMSSS 2019-20 Jammu Division
Find the list of the college name, contact number, and email Id:
- Government G.M. Science College, Jammu – 01912578189, [email protected]
- Government College for Women Gandhi Nagar, Jammu – 01912435158, [email protected]
- Government Degree College, Boys (Kathua) – 01922234315
- Government Degree College, Bani – 01921268025, [email protected]
- Government Degree College, Boys Udhampur – 01992270239, 01992270289, [email protected]
- Government Degree College, Rajouri – 01962262510, [email protected]
- Government Degree College, Poonch – 01965220231, [email protected]
- Government Degree College GDC, Doda – 01996233552, [email protected]
- Government Degree College, Reasi – 019912455905, [email protected]
- Government Degree College, Ramban – 01998266779, [email protected]
- Government Degree College, Banihal – 01998255906, [email protected]
- Government Degree College, Kishtwar – 01995259513, [email protected]
- Government Degree College, Bhaderwah – 01997244155
- Government Degree College, Marwah – [email protected]
- Government Degree College, R.S.Pura – 01923252958, [email protected]
- Government Degree College, Samba – 01923241044, [email protected]
- Government Degree College, Mendhar – 01965226793, [email protected]
Facilitation Centers for J&K PMSSS 2019-20 Kashmir Division
Find the list of the college name, contact number, and email Id:
- Sri Pratap College, Srinagar – 09142476828, 09142476804, [email protected]
- Government Degree College, Anantnag – 01932222308, [email protected]
- Government College (Women), M.A. Road, Srinagar – 09142478259, [email protected]
- Government Degree College, Bijbehara – 01932233263, [email protected]
- Government Degree College (Boys), Sopore – 0195422262, [email protected]
- Government Degree College (Boys), Baramulla – 01952234214, [email protected]
- Government Degree College, Pattan – 01954231244, [email protected]
- Government Degree College (Boys), Kupwara – 01955252155, [email protected]
- Government Degree College, Kulgam – 01931260177
- Government Degree College (SAM), Budgam – 01951256444, [email protected]
- Government Boys College, Pulwama – 01933241250, [email protected]
- Government Degree College, Shopian – 01933260204, [email protected]
- Government Degree College, Tral – 01933251278, [email protected]
- Government Degree College, Bandipora – 01957226033, [email protected]
- Government Degree College, Dooru – 01932230157, [email protected]
- Government Degree College Ganderbal – 01942416854, [email protected]
- Government Degree College, Chrari Sharief – 0195125340, gdc.chrarisharie[email protected]
JK Scholarship Selection Process
JK Scholarship conducted by AICTE is completely a merit-based scholarship that examines the marks obtained by students in class 12th for the selection. Apart from this, there are various other conditions on the basis of which choices are made for different streams. These conditions include
- Only those students will be elected who have secured admission to a degree course after qualifying an entrance examination conducted by either the central government or state government.
- For admission in MBBS or BDS courses, the candidates have to qualify for the NEET (CBSE) examination.
- For admission in the Architecture course, the candidates need to qualify for the NATA examination conducted by the Council of Architecture.
- Caste and category reservations are also available where 8% of the total seats in each stream are held for SC candidates, 11% reservation is for ST candidates, 25% reservation is for SEBC candidates and remaining seats are for General category students.
JK Scholarship Statistics
Let us know the scholarship gained by students in the previous year’s data as per the AICTE scholarship scheme for Jammu and Kashmir. With this scholarship, the J&K government is able to support many students for higher studies. The table given below here shows the statistics for the past 6 years.
|Academic Session||Number of Students Admitted||Number of Students Reported|
|2017-18||3400||2706 + 516 (Diploma Lateral Entry)|
General Instructions To Candidates of JK Scholarship
- The applicant should confidently ensure uploading of joining reports on the portal of AICTE on or before the last date of joining, which will be verified by the Institute, after which DBT application will be opened by the eligible candidates.
- An applicant who will not upload their joining report on the portal of AICTE Student Login on or before the last date of joining, their seats under the scheme will be canceled automatically and will be allotted to the students in the next/subsequent rounds of counseling (if any).
- Applicants are required to report for admission at designated University / Institution on the date particularized as per the counseling schedule along with the original documents/testimonials/ certificates required at the time of admission.
- Nodal Officer may lead the applicant during his/her stay in the college campus.
- Applicants are advised to visit the AICTE website for all PMSSS updates.
- No fresh registrations shall be provided in next/subsequent rounds of counseling
- Applicants must bring the original and one set of self-attested photocopies of the certificates at the time of reporting for final admission in allotted University / Institute.
- The applicants are suggested to refer the fee structure and other details of the Institute before choosing the seat.
FAQ’s on JK Scholarship
Is document verification at Facilitation Centre is necessary?
Yes, without document verification at Facilitation Centre, the student is not eligible for Scholarship.
Who is eligible for Medical courses in JK Scholarship?
For Medical Stream with Biology the candidate who seeks admission in any of the courses in Medical Stream (MBBS, BDS, BAMS, BHMS, etc.) on his/her own merit within the sanctioned intake in any of the institutions recognized by the respective Regulatory Bodies based on the merit at class 10+2 & after qualifying NEET examination. They also need to register during online registration.
Can we edit the application form after it is submitted online?
Yes, Officer of the facilitation center can only edit the online application form, subject to the production of original documents in support of your claim/request for editing.
What is the J&K Scholarship amount for various streams?
|Stream||Academic Fee, No. of Scholarships|
|General Degree||Upto Rs. 30,000, 2070|
|Engineering Degree/Professional||Upto Rs. 1.25 Lakh, 2830|
|Medical/BDS or equivalent Medical Streams||Upto Rs. 3.00 Lakh, 100|
|Total No.of Scholarships – 5000|
Maintenance charges limits: Uniformly Rs. 1.00 Lakh For all
What format or size of photo and signature to upload on the website for the J&K PMSSS Scholarship?
Both photo & signature should be in.JPG /.PDF/.PNG format with the size of the file should be less than 2 MB.
Is it necessary to submit a separate online application for the General & Engineering course?
Candidates are required to select the “Both” option from the dropdown menu under “Stream applied for” field if they want to apply for both General & Engineering Stream under J&K PMSSS while submitting the online application. The candidate needs to fill only one application form.
To which facilitation center should the candidate go for document verification?
You can go to anyone of the facilitation centers established by Govt. of J&K as per your convenience for document verification and after that choice filling option would be open.
Who will be paying the admission fee?
Academic Fee to the Institution will be disbursed directly by AICTE.
What should a candidate do after the qualifying NEET examination?
After qualifying the NEET examination, students are required to take admission in medical/dental colleges on their own and then submit the NEET score card, Joining Report and Counseling Allotment letter to AICTE.
What documents do student need to carry while visiting the Institute?
All candidates who are provisionally allotted a seat in any round of counseling are required to physically report at the respective University/Institute as per the counseling schedule. Candidates must bring the original and one self-attested photocopy of the following documents at the time of reporting at the respective University / Institute for document verification:
- AICTE Allotment Letter (in original)
- Welcome Letter (in original)
- Transfer certificate from 12th Board (in original)
- Migration certificate of 12th Board (in original)
- Character certificate of 12th Class (in original)
- Five (5) passport size photographs.
- Passed 10th Class Certificate from School Authority showing Date of Birth (in original)
- Passed 10+2 Certificate from J&K Board or CBSE Affiliated Schools located in J&K State (JK Bose/CBSE) (in original)
- Domicile Certificate from J & K State(in original)
- Family Income Certificate issued by Tehsildar (J&K) showing the family income.
- Aadhar Card (Aadhar Number to be seeded with Bank Account)
- Bank Passbook (in original, if the bank account is already opened)
- Physically Handicapped Certificate (in original, if any)
- Passed Diploma Certificate from J&K Technical Board (for lateral entry only)
- Reservation Certificate (Caste/Category) as per J& K Govt. Policy (in original, if any).
You can also find more Scholarship Articles for 12th passed, 10th passed Students and many more.