AICTE Pragati Scholarships 2019-20: Pragati Scholarship is an MHRD Scheme being implemented by AICTE strived at assisting the Advancement of Girls pursuing Technical Education. Education is one of the most important means of enabling women with the knowledge, skill, and self-confidence required to join fully in the development process. This is an effort to allow young women for further education and prepare for a successful future by “Empowering Women through Technical Education”
All India Council Technical Education (AICTE) welcomes online applications for Pragati Scholarship Schemes for the academic year 2019. The scholarship will be given to only two girl children of a family for pursuing her undergraduate professional/diploma courses. In a year total of 4000 scholarships will be offered to the selected girl students (2000 for Degree and 2000 for Diploma). The Last Date to apply for the Pragati Scholarship is tentatively on the 2nd week of October 2019. Read on to find more about Pragati scholarship details, Pragati Scholarship Application Status.
Pragati Scholarship Dates
Pragati Scholarship 2020 start date is September 2020.
Pragati Scholarship 2020 last date is October 2020.
Pragati Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
The details of the conditions required to apply for the Pragati scheme are given here. Candidates should make sure they fulfill all the criteria before applying for the Pragati scholarship PDF.
- Up to Two Girls per family can apply.
- Family income should not be more than Rs. 8 Lakhs per Annum (in case of a married girl, the income of parents/in-laws, whichever is higher will be considered)
- Students Admitted for Diploma/Undergraduate Degree Level Programmes/Courses in AICTE Approved Institutions.
- Only for the students admitted in the first year of their Degree/Diploma for the academic year 2017-18.
- The selection of the candidate will be made on merit on the basis of qualifying examination to peruse the respective Technical Degree/Diploma course from any of the AICTE approved institutions.
Pragati Scholarship Application Process
Check the complete step by step procedure to apply for Pragati Scholarship.
- Go to AICTE Portal @ https://www.aicte-pragati-saksham-gov.in/ to register for Pragati Scheme.
- Click on “Register Here” to create a new profile. Enter the details and click on “Register”.
- A confirmation e-mail link will be sent to the registered e-mail ID. Please click on the link to confirm your registration.
- Login again at https://www.aicte-pragati-saksham-gov.in/ with the registered e-mail Id/User name and Password to fill the online application form.
- Enter personal details, details of family and income, details of the Institute in which Admission is taken for first-year Degree or Diploma course along with fee paid details, SSC/10th Standard and HSC/12th Standard details, details of the Aadhar seeded Savings Bank Account.
- Attach the scan copies of all the necessary documents in jpg./pdf./png. Formats.
- Submit the application form.
- Take the print out for future reference.
Documents Required for Pragati Scholarship
Find here all the necessary documents required to apply for the Pragati scholarship. Students have to keep ready the scan copy of all these documents before they start filling up the application form.
- SSC/10th Standard Mark sheet.
- HSC/12th Standard Mark sheet.
- Annual Family Income Certificate for the financial year 2016-17 as per Annexure-I (or) in the prescribed format issued by Tehsildar or above competent Authority.
- Admission letter issued by the Centralized Admission Authority to first-year Degree/Diploma courses for the academic year 2017-18.
- Tuition fee paid receipt for the academic year 2017-18.
- Scanned Copy of Aadhar Seeded Bank Pass Book showing the name of the student, Account number, IFSC code and Photograph pasted at appropriate place duly signed by Manager with the rubber stamp of Bank affixed.
- Certificate Issued by the Director/Principal/HOD as per Annexure-II
- Certificate issued by Competent Authority in case of candidates applying for Saksham Scheme (Only for Physically Disabled Candidates having more than 40% disability) as per the State Government Format.
- Attested Scanned copy of SC/ST/OBC Certificate, in case applying for SC/ST/OBC category.
- Declaration by parents duly signed stating that the information provided by their child is correct and will refund the Scholarship amount if found false at any stage a per Annexure – III
- Aadhar Card
- Candidate Photograph.
- Candidate Signature.
Pragati Scholarship Benefits and Rewards
The amount of scholarship offered by the Pragati scheme and who will get the amount, other benefits are given to the students along with scholarship reward, and other related details are provided here.
- The AICTE Pragati Scholarship rewards a total of 4000 scholarships to girl students, in which 2000 scholarships are given to students pursuing diploma and 2000 to degree students.
- The selected scholars will receive a tuition fee of INR 30,000 or the actual tuition fee amount, whichever is less.
- The selected scholars also become eligible to get INR 2000 per month for 10 months as incidental charges each year.
- In case of Tuition fee waiver/reimbursement, Students are eligible to get an amount of Rs. 30,000/- for the purchase of Books/Equipment/Softwares/ Laptop/Desktop/Vehicle/Fee paid towards competitive examination application forms/exam.
- Fees paid for competitive exams, application forms/exam fees for all examinations related to higher education/employment.
Pragati Scholarship Reservation
- A reservation of 15% for SC candidates, 7.5% for ST candidates and 27% for OBC candidate/applicant is provided by AICTE.
- Candidates falling under these categories have to provide their caste certificate at the time of document submission while applying for the scheme.
Important Instructions for Pragati Scholarship
- Only the scholars who have taken admission in the first year of their degree/diploma program in the current academic year can apply for this scholarship.
- The scanned copies of the applicant’s passport size photo and signature must be uploaded in .jpg/.pdf/.png format while filling the application form. The file size of the photo should not be more than 200 kb and the signature should not be more than 50kb.
- Students who got admission through management quota are not eligible for the AICTE Pragati Scholarship.
- Candidates must have a general savings account of their own in a bank. They cannot use the FRILL/Minor/Joint account.
- Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) is used to directly transfer the scholarship amount into the selected candidate’s bank account.
- The scholarships for degree and diploma are transferable in event of non-availability of eligible applicants in any of the degree/diploma level programs.
FAQ’s on Pragati Scholarship
What is Pragati Scholarship?
Pragati Scholarship is a government scholarship scheme implemented by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE). Under this scholarship scheme, a total of 4000 scholarships are disbursed every year among meritorious girl students for pursuing technical education. Tuition Fee of Rs. 30,000/- or at actual, whichever is less and Rs.2000/- per month for 10 months as incidentals charges each year.
What is Saksham Scholarship?
Saksham is an MHRD Scheme being implemented by AICTE aimed at providing encouragement and support to specially-abled children to pursue Technical Education. This is an attempt to give every young student, who is otherwise specially-abled, the opportunity too studies further and prepare for a successful future. Tuition Fee of Rs. 30,000/- or at actual, whichever is less and Rs.2000/- per month for 10 months as incidentals charges each year.
Is AADHAAR Card Mandatory for PRAGATI (or) SAKSHAM Scholarship?
Yes. Aadhaar card and Aadhaar seeded bank account in the name of the candidate are mandatory for submitting an online application under Pragati/Saksham schemes.
How the scholarship will be disbursed through College/Institute?
The scholarship will be disbursed only through Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) directly in the bank account of the student. The student must have a General Saving Account in the bank. (FRILL/Minor/Joint account will not be accepted).
Students can also find more Scholarship Articles for 12th passed, 10th passed Students and many more.