IGNOU 2020: Indira Gandhi National Open University, IGNOU, was established in 1985 by an Act of Parliament. It presents high-quality learning through the Open and Distance Learning (ODL) mode. At present, the public university has 67 regional centers, 21 schools, 29 international partner institutions, around 2,665 learner support centers and more than 3 million students.
It gives around 228 certificate, degree, diploma and doctoral programmes in several fields of education. IGNOU was promoted to the South Asian region’s STRIDE (Staff Training and Research Institute of Distance Education) in 1993. IGNOU Admission Last Date has been extended from November 30, 2019, to December 31st, 2019.
IGNOU 2020 Admission registration has been started for all types of courses from 15th November 2019.
IGNOU Admit Card has been released on 21st November 2019. Download IGNOU Hall Ticket from Here.
IGNOU Admissions 2020
To get admission in IGNOU, candidates have to register online on the IGNOU admission gateway by IGNOU Exam Form.
- Admission to the major of the programmes at IGNOU is given based on the candidate’s merit rank and score in the qualifying degree.
- Besides, the university also administers an entrance test for specific courses. Those perceiving admission in management programs need to clear the OPENMAT exam, an entrance test conducted twice a year.
- For getting admission to the Bachelor of Education Programme, the candidate have to go through a national level entrance exam.
- Also, to be regarded as an eligible candidate for admission in IGNOU, he/she must have obtained at least 50% marks in the qualifying exam.
|IGNOU UG & PG Admission||January 2020||July 2020|
|Start date for applying Online||Started||03 Week of Jul 2020|
|Last date for Registration||31 Dec 2019||Last week of Jul 2020|
IGNOU Application Procedure – How To Register for IGNOU?
For admission in MA(Education) and M.Sc (Mathematics with Applications in Computer Science) please go through the Common Prospectus for January 2020 and submit your application at the Regional Centre.
The first-time candidate is recommended to click the available program tab on the homepage of the Online Admission System and choose the desired program and carefully read the details of the programme including eligibility guidelines, fee details, duration, etc. Students need to download IGNOU Assignments for their chosen course on successful admission in a new session.
The candidate is also asked to download the Prospectus January 2020 available at home page and read carefully the Rules of the University as stated in the common scheme.
- Click on the button NEW REGISTRATION that appears in the applicant login area and fill the required registration details.
- Remember, while choosing your UserName it must be between 8 to 16 characters.
- While choosing your password it must be alphanumeric and between 8 to 16 characters long.
- After filling the mandatory information click the “SUBMIT” button.
- Your username will be instantly sent to you via e-mail and SMS.
- Remember your Username and Password for subsequent login.
- If you have already registered i.e you are an existing user click the “Log in” button.
Documents Required for IGNOU Admissions
Before proceeding for filling the form online the applicant must have the following:-
- Scanned Photograph (less than 100 KB)
- Scanned Signature (less than 100 KB)
- Scanned copy of Age Proof (less than 200 KB)
- Scanned copy of relevant Educational Qualification (less than 200 KB)
- Scanned Copy of Experience Certificate (if any) (less than 200 KB)
- Scanned Copy of Category Certificate, if SC/ST/OBC (less than 200 KB)
- Scanned Copy of BPL Certificate, if Below Poverty Line(less than 200 KB)
IGNOU Application Fee
Fee can be paid by the following methods:
- Credit Card (Master/Visa)
- Debit Card (Master/Visa/Rupay)
- Net Banking
It is suggested to scan documents from your originals. Once you have uploaded the document, click the next button you will get the Form preview option. Save/Print your form for future reference.
IGNOU Regional Centers
The University functions through a network of 56 Regional Centres(RC), 11 Recognized Regional Centres (RRC) (i.e., 6, IGNOU-Army RRC, 4, IGNOU-Navy RRC 1, IGNOU-Assam Rifles RRC) and nearly 2000 Learner Support Centres across the nation. The huge network of RCs and LSCs prolongs the outreach of IGNOU to the previously seized rural, remote, socially and physically disadvantaged sections of the population, giving them a path to quality and cost-effective higher education in a flexible manner.
The Regional Centre has been determined beneath Section 2(J) of the IGNOU Act as under: “Regional Centre” means a Centre founded or maintained by the University for the objective of coordinating and controlling the work of the Study Centres in any region and for performing such other functions as may be presented on such Centre by the Board of Management (BoM).
Important Instructions for Application Form
- Name and other details entered by the applicant need to be the same as in the Educational Documents
- The applicant can log in to the admission portal through their registered email address, only.
- The applicant must use his own active email address.
- The Email address provided by the applicant must be functional and the applicant must have access to it throughout the admission process.
- Applicants are encouraged to use the latest version of the Google Chrome web browser for filling the application form.
IGNOU Placement and Salaries
IGNOU has an outstanding Campus Placement Cell (CPC) that administers off-campus and on-campus employment for the students. The data regarding all placement drives accompanied by the CPC is regularly updated on the university’s website.
The enrolled students are also notified via email or SMS. Considering into account the cost-effectiveness and affordability of the university’s programs, the positions obtained by the students can be regarded as a great return on investment (ROI). Different well-reputed companies visit the university to hire skilled and qualified graduates.
Some of the names of companies are:
- Mahindra & Mahindra
All candidates have to pay the entire fee at the moment of admission. Still, IGNOU students from reserved classes (Physically Handicapped, Scheduled Tribes and Scheduled Castes) are allowed to fee compensation from the governments of their states. Also, the university’s students are eligible for the National Centre for Promotion of Employment of Disabled People (NCPEDP) scholarship plan for postgraduate level programs. Students can apply straight to awarding officials.
IGNOU New Delhi
Indira Gandhi National Open University (A Central University under MHRD, established by an act of Indian Parliament), Maidan Garhi, New Delhi-110068, Website www.ignou.ac.in
FAQ’s on IGNOU
Is it compulsory to register myself before submitting an admission form online?
Yes, it is compulsory to register with our Online Admission System before you can submit your admission form online.
Is IGNOU degree valuable?
IGNOU degree is at par with any other degree from a recognized university for any government jobs. If there is a required of a degree in any discipline from recognized university for a government job then surely IGNOU degree will be valid for it.
When is the last date for admission in IGNOU?
The last date for admission is 31st December 2019.
What is the detailed process for the submission of the online application form and action to be taken by the candidate?
The submission of admission form passes through the following stages:
- Open the URL (https://ignouadmission.samarth.edu.in)
- Complete Registration process.
- Your ‘User Name’ and ‘Password’ is informed through SMS and email.
- Re-login to the system using your ‘User Name’ and ‘Password.’
- Fill Admission Form online.
- Upload scanned photograph and signature
- Upload scanned copies of the relevant documents.
- Read the instruction and declaration carefully by clicking the ‘Declaration’ box.
- Preview your data and confirm the details.
- Make a payment of Fee through the Credit/Debit card/Net Banking.
- A payment confirmation message is sent to you through SMS and email.
- Press the Next button to see the form preview.
- After the final submission of the online application form, you may download the filled-in application form and keep a printout for your record.
What is a Credit System?
The University obeys the ‘Credit System’ for all the programs. Each credit in our system is equivalent to 30 hours of study including all learning exercises (i.e. reading and comprehending the print material, listening to the audio, watching the video, attending counseling sessions, teleconference and writing assignment responses).
Thus, a 4-credit course comprises about 120 hours of study. This helps the learner to know the academic effort he/she has to put in, to successfully complete a course. Completion of an academic program (Degree/ Diploma/ Certificate) requires successful completion of the assignments, practicals, projects and the term-end examination of each course in a program.