CBSE Scholarship 2019-20: CBSE Scholarship or CBSE Merit Scholarship Scheme for Single Girl Child (only girl child of the family) awards financial support to exemplary girl students of class 10 to proceed with their studies in class 11 and 12. Administered by the Central Board of Secondary Education, the education board of the nation, the CBSE scholarship plan directs at promoting the higher education of the daughters who are only girl child in their family. The closing date to apply for the scholarship online has been being to 31st October 2019, both for fresh and renewal. The last date to submit the hard copy of the application for renewal of scholarship has been extended to 25th November 2019.
Central Board of Secondary Education awards scholarships to students under various categories. The award of the scholarship is done purely on the basis of eligibility criteria and merit. The application forms are scrutinized by the screening committees. The status of applicants for various scholarships is displayed on the website of CBSE (www.cbse.nic.in) from time to time and for any query/information please contact on E-mail ID of Scholarship Unit i.e. ([email protected]).
If you are the only girl child and want to acquire financial support for further education in Class 11 and Class 12, then you are eligible to apply for CBSE scholarship. Let us know more here what benefits you will get through this scholarship scheme. Here you will get the answers to all the questions related to this scheme such as eligibility requirements, application procedure, shortlisting process, rewards, etc. Students need to apply online for this CBSE Scholarship 2019 for class 12 and 11
The last date to apply for the scholarship online (fresh and renewal) has been extended to 31st October 2019 and the last date to submit the hard copy of the application (renewal) has been extended to 25th November 2019
CBSE Scholarship Important Dates
The key dates related to CBSE scholarship 2019 is mentioned here. Normally the invitation for application is given between the month of September and October every year. The last date of filing the application is 31st October 2019 for fresh application and renewal of the scholarship. And the last date to submit the application for renewal of the scholarship is 25th November 2019 for the academic year 2019-20. A brief is given here in the table below:
|Closing date of submitting the application form for fresh and renewal scholarship||31st October 2019|
|Closing date of submitting the hard copy of renewal of the scholarship||25th November 2019|
CBSE Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
The CBSE board has formulated a set of eligibility conditions for the scholarship provided by it. The candidates who are willing to apply for CBSE scholarship need to fulfill the criteria. All these criteria are based on qualifications and academic details. Besides, the key condition to apply for this scholarship is that the candidate should be a single girl child of the family. Here are some more required conditions by the candidates:
- Candidate should be an Indian citizen
- Candidate should be the only girl child in the family
- Candidate should have passed Class 10 with at least 60% marks
- Candidate should be studying in CBSE school where the tuition fees for Class 11 and Class 12 is Rs.1500 per month or less.
- NRI students are also eligible is they are studying in CBSE schools. However, the tuition fee limitation for such candidates should be less than INR 6,000 per month.
How to Apply for CBSE Scholarships 2019?
Since we have already discussed the important dates and eligibility conditions required to apply for CBSE scholarships, now let us discuss here its application procedure. Once the aspirants have gone through the requirements for this scholarship, they need to apply for it. Here it is the step by step procedure to apply for the scholarship provided by the Central Board of Secondary Education.
- Go to the official website of CBSE Scholarship.
- Click on the link stating fresh application
- Mention your roll number as per the Class 10 exam and date of birth
- A new page will get open consisting of the application form.
- You need to fill all the required detail here.
- Submit the application form
- You will get a registration number which you can note it down for future reference
- You need to download and take the print out of the application form.
- Fill the required details now and paste the recent photograph
- Get your application attested by the principal
- Prepare an Affidavit in the prescribed format
- Upload the scanned copy of both the Undertaking and Affidavit in PDF form with the file size not more than 1 MB in the ‘Upload Document’ section.
- Once you have uploaded the documents and submitted the application form, you can go to ‘Print Confirmation’ section to generate the confirmation page
Note: The confirmation page is generated only for students who have successfully applied and completed the scholarship application. Also, keep the confirmation page safe with you for future reference.
How to Apply for Renewal of CBSE Scholarship?
The candidates for renewal of application can apply for the renewal form offline by following below steps:
- Go to the official scholarship notification.
- Download the scholarship renewal application form
- Fill in all the required details in the form.
- Attach all necessary documents like class 11 mark sheet, a copy of Aadhaar card, Bank passbook/canceled cheque (duly attested copy).
- Send the completed application to the address given here with “Application for CBSE Merit Scholarship for SGC X F – 2 (Renewal)” superscribed on it.
Assistance Secretary (Scholarship),
CBSE, Shiksha Kendra,
2 Community Centre,
Preet Vihar, Delhi – 110092
CBSE Scholarship Rewards
The prize amount of financial support that a student gets under CBSE scholarship is Rs. 500 per month (INR 6,000 annually) to proceed with her studies in class 11 and 12. The highest term of this scholarship is two years and the amount is funded to the students by NEFT or ECS. There is no fixed quantity of scholarships distributed every year. Though, recognizing the statistics of past years, the total number of scholarships change from 1400 to 1600 (approx.). Find below the highlights of the number of scholars profiting by this scholarship across the years.
|Total number of fresh scholars in 2013||1451|
|Total number of renewals in 2014 (for 2013)||962|
|Total number of fresh scholars in 2014||1570|
|Total number of renewals in 2015 (for 2014)||977|
|Total number of fresh scholars in 2015||1631|
|Total number of renewals in 2016 (for 2015)||938|
|Total number of fresh scholars in 2016||1321|
CBSE Scholarship – Selection Procedure
The factors examined for choosing the scholars of CBSE scholarship depends upon certain criteria. If you need to be a champion of CBSE scholarship, you need to fulfill the below-given requirements:
- Applicants must be persevering studies from a school affiliated to CBSE and should be in class 11 and 12.
- Applicants should pass the class 10 examination from CBSE Board with at least 60% or more marks is also a compulsory requirement for the students to fulfill.
- The only single girl child of the family is eligible.
- The applicants have to present an original affirmation in the prescribed form duly attested by the first class SDM/ Judicial Magistrate/ Notary/ Executive Magistrate.
- Applicants also need to assure that the application form is duly signed by the Principal of the school where they are seeking class 11.
- The tuition fee of the student in class 10 should be Rs.1,500 per month or less and the enhancement of 10% for classes 11 and 12 is acceptable.
CBSE Scholarship Renewal
The CBSE scholarship is reliable for only one year. Despite this, to proceed to get the financial assistance to class 12, the scholars require to apply for the scholarship renewal. It can be only revived for one year based on your securing satisfying marks in class 11. The key conditions that you need to fulfill to apply for scholarship renewal involve:
- The scholar needs to apply for the scholarship renewal in class 11.
- To be qualified for the renewal, the scholar must receive a promotion to class 12 with aggregate 50% or more marks in the class 11 exam.
- If the scholar has given up your preferred course before its completion or has changed the school, the revival or renewal of the scholarship is completely subject to the Board’s permission.
- The extension of the scholarship is conditional on scholar’s regularity and good behavior as well.
Udaan CBSE Scholarship
Apart from this Merit Scholarship for Single Girl Child, CBSE also proposes another scholarship named as CBSE Udaan. It is also an efficient action for girl education. Under this scheme, the girl students, who are learning in class 11 will get free study material to prepare for the engineering entrance exam. These materials could be available either online or offline. The plan intends at improving the registration rate of the girls in premier engineering colleges of the nation.
CBSE Scholarships for 10th Passed Students
- Single Girl Child Scholarship CBSE
- Shiksha Abhiyan Scholarship
- All India Meritorious Scholarship
- NCERT Scholarship
- National Talent Search Examination (NTSE)
- National Scholarship Exam (NSE)
- Vidyadhan Scholarship
- INSPIRE Scholarship
- Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship for College and University Students (CSSS)
- AICTE-Scholarship Scheme to Girl Child (SSGC)
FAQ’s on CBSE Scholarship
How I can apply for the scholarship?
CBSE awards scholarships under various schemes. Details of these along with eligibility are available in the Guidelines and Application form page. The applicant should ensure that he/she submits the application duly completed in all respect before the last date.
What are the reasons for the rejection of an application?
The rejection may be due to Application not in proper format and non-enclosure of relevant documents.
What is the definition of an SGC (Single Girl Child) applicant?
Single Girl child means a girl who is the only child of their parents and there is no brother or sisters.
I am a single girl in the family. I have one brother. Can I apply for a scholarship under the CBSE Single Girl Child Scholarship 2019-20?
No, As per the definition of Single Girl Children you will not be considered for scholarship under the scheme as single Girl child are those girl children whose parents have only one girl child and there are no other siblings.
I have received a cheque which has date expiring today only. How can I get a valid cheque?
Normally CBSE sends a cheque through partner banks by post and chances of delay are not there. However, in such a case, you may send the cheque to the CBSE scholarship branch for getting a valid cheque.
Whether I will require to apply for renewal of scholarship again?
Yes, you have to apply for renewal separately.
You can also find more Scholarship Articles for 12th passed, 10th passed Students and many more.