Indira Gandhi Scholarship: Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship is a UGC system launched with the goal of empowering our country’s women through educational methods. Going forward with this goal, the govt implemented Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship to offset the direct cost of higher education women, particularly teenagers who occur to be their father’s only kid. Under this single girl kid scholarship, economic support of Rs. 36,200 per year is provided to the chosen applicants.
Indira Gandhi Scholarship – Highlights
|Scholarship award||An initial tuition bonus of Rs. 36,200 for a duration of 2 years.|
|Eligibility||Girl students pursuing PG courses
The only child of their parents
|Application process||Use the internet to apply through the formal website of the National Scholarship Portal (NSP)|
Indira Gandhi Scholarship – Eligibility Criteria
To be qualified for this UGC grant, candidates must be women enrolled in universities /colleges/institutions recognized by UGC, State/Central Government or nationally important universities. The descriptions of the qualifying requirements for the Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship are provided below.
- In any specified university or postgraduate college, applicants must be accepted to the periodic full-time 1st year Master’s degree school.
- The girl’s applicants must be her fathers’ only kid.
- The applicants must have no sibling, although the learners of the girls who are paired daughters / fraternal sisters may qualify for this UGC scholarship.
- At the moment of entry to the PG program, applicants must not be over 30 years of era.
- This scholarship is not available for the applicants accepted to the PG class through the distance education method.
- There are also no revenue requirements to qualify for this scholarship for learners.
How to Apply for Indira Gandhi Scholarship?
The method of applying for a scholarship is simple and easy for candidates as the entire method has been done internet. Through the formal gateway of the National Scholarship Portal, candidates can qualify for this UGC scholarship. Follow the measures below to complete the Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship request type.
- For the first time, candidates applying for NSP must register as a new user with NSP.
- Complete all the data you need and press’ Register’ to register. The registered mobile number generates a student application ID and password.
- The girl candidates must use the newly generated ID and code to sign in to NSP.
- An OTP is sent to the licensed mobile number that requires applicants to modify their password, which is a compulsory move.
- Once the password has been altered, applicants are guided to the Applicant’s Dashboard Page, where applicants need to tap on the’ Application Form’ to begin the method.
- All required information such as enrollment information, educational information, fundamental information, communication information and information of the system must be provided by the candidates.
- The candidates must upload all the records needed to promote identification and educational status.
Indira Gandhi Scholarship – Application Process
This single girl kid scholarship announcement deadline differs from year to year. However, the submission duration for the scholarship usually begins every year in the month of July. In the last week of October, the date for this Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship drops. The last deadline to qualify for this scholarship is October 31, 2019, in the year 2019.
Indira Gandhi Scholarship – Award
This single girl kid scholarship, introduced by UGC with the objective of encouraging and promoting greater learning among women and their parents/guardians, offers monthly financial assistance to 3,000 women from across the nation each year for a span of two years. The sum of the scholarship is transmitted straight to the bank account of the awardee. The learners must also send a’ Continuation Certificate’ in the specified series at the beginning of every three months. Now, discover below the academic prize information.
- For a period of 2 years, i.e. 10 months per year, the chosen female learners obtain a scholarship quantity of Rs. 3100 per month covering the complete length of the postgraduate curriculum to be followed by the applicants.
- The prize is disbursed to learners from the moment they join the 1st year of PG class through the UGC assigned authority. The reward winners must send a record of their notification of honor and accompanying study to the specified authority along with the picture, email, and reference information.
Indira Gandhi Scholarship – Key Documents
Now, it is necessary to save the filled-in request document as a draft so that the plaintiff can inspect each information again to create sure it is right. Finally, to present the finished request document, the applicant must press on the ‘Submit’ key.
Indira Gandhi Scholarship – Terms and Conditions
A few terms and conditions need to be considered by the applicants if they want to take advantage of this UGC scholarship. Some guidelines and laws connected to this girl’s scholarship are highlighted below.
- This UGC scholarship is only available for those applicants who are in the 1st year of a PG class.
- Applicants are not responsible to obtain any extra subsidy instead of hostel fees, medical fees, etc.
- Under this single girl baby scholarship, no tuition fee is charged from the award winners by the recipient institutions.
- After one year of the grant of the scholarship, the quantity has been completed, the applicants must send their progress report to the specified company (Canara Bank) in the recommended format, depending on which grant is distributed to the beneficiaries for the next study. This document must be duly ratified by the University’s Head of Department and Registrar, or the institution’s head or college’s principal.
- Candidates must bear in mind that if they stop their research without notification to UGC, they must reimburse the entire sum straight to the UGC fund via e-mode (RTGS / NEFT).
- This scholarship’s award winners are not debarred from receiving other scholarships.
- The grant may be terminated if applicants are engaged in any type of abuse, provide inaccurate data at any point of the request, or achieve less than 55% in the first year (50% for Physically Challenged awards).
FAQ’s Indira Gandhi Scholarship
Whether a female kid with a household sibling is qualified for a grant reward system.
No, under the system, only married girls are allowed to register. Under this system, however, twin / fraternal children may qualify.
Can second-year post-graduate learners register under the system?
No. Applicants who pursue postgraduate classes for the first year can only register under the system.
Why should the Indira Gandhi Scholarship?
This scholarship is offered by the Union Government of India. This scheme improves women’s status by supporting PG education in various non-professional courses. However, the female must be a single child in the family. The government organized this scheme by giving importance to the small family norm.
Is the Indira Gandhi Scholarship available for boys?
No, this scholarship is available to the girl students who will be the only girl child in the family. Also, they must be pursuing the full-time first-year post-graduation non-professional courses.
Is girl candidate with siblings in the family qualified for the Indira Gandhi scholarship?
No, girl students who will be an only child in the family without having any siblings are eligible. Also, female students who are fraternal daughters/twin daughters may apply for this scholarship.
What is the deadline to submit the Indira Gandhi Scholarship application?
The deadline to submit the Indira Gandhi Scholarship application is 31st October 2019.
How much scholarship amount will be paid to the shortlisted girl candidates?
Girl candidates will get the scholarship amount of Rs. 36,200/- per annum as an initial tuition bonus for 2 years.
How many scholarships awarded every year to the girl candidates under this scheme?
Every year 3000 scholarships will be awarded to the shortlisted girl candidates.
Is the Indira Gandhi Scholarship available for distance learners or students from colleges/universities without having Govt. or UGC grant?
No, this scholarship is not available for female students pursuing post-graduate in distance mode. Girl students pursuing post-graduate in Deemed university which is not having any Government or UGC grant are not eligible. However, the girl students pursuing post-graduate in colleges which is not getting any support from the State or Central Government are also not eligible.