Vidyadhan Scholarship 2021-22: The Vidyadhan Scholarship is a scholarship that is provided by the Sarojini Damodaran Foundation. It aims to provide financial support to economically weak and meritorious students to pursue higher education. Students are eligible to apply for the scholarship after they complete their class 10 board exams or equivalent. Currently, the scholarship can be availed across 8 states in India.
The states that fall under the Vidyadhan scholarship are Telangana, Gujarat, Maharashtra, Pondicherry, Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka and Kerala. As of 2021, there are over 2800 students being sponsored across states in India. The initial duration of the scholarship is for two years (classes 11 and 12). If the students continue to pursue their studies with meritorious results, the scholarship will be extended to help students pursue a degree course.
You can also find more Scholarship Articles for 12th passed, 10th passed Students and many more.
Vidyadhan Scholarship Highlights
|Name of organization||Sarojini Damodaran Foundation|
|Name of scholarship||Vidyadhan Scholarship Program 2021|
|Last Date to Apply||December 31 2021|
|Interview or Exam Date||To Be Announced|
|Contact Details||For any clarifications send an email to www.vidhyadhan.org 2021 or call Vishwanatha KS, Phone: +91 7349354415.|
|Scholarship Amounts||Graduation courses as Rs 10,000 to Rs 60,000 per year depending on the course and duration.|
Vidyadhan Scholarship 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Students can avail of the Vidyadhan Scholarship provided they satisfy the following eligibility criteria:
- The annual family income of the students must be under INR 2,00,000.
- Students should have secured not less than 90% marks or equivalent in class 10/ SSC examination. 75% is the cut-off for candidates with disabilities.
- The students should have completed their class 10th or equivalent from one of the following states:
- Tamil Nadu
- Andhra Pradesh
Vidyadhan Scholarship Amount
Selected students will be awarded an amount of INR 6,000 per year for classes 11 and 12.
Vidyadhan Scholarship Important Dates
As of November 2021, new applications are currently closed. The application window will reopen after results for class 10 2020 exams are announced. However, based on past trends, the application window will open by June and conclude by the end of July.
Vidyadhan Scholarship Application Procedure
- Students are required to visit the official homepage at https://www.vidyadhan.org/
- On the top right, click “Apply for Scholarship”. Vidyadhan Scholarship 2019 Application Form will open.
- Fill in the relevant details, such as name, date of birth, email ID, etc. The students are also prompted to create a new password for future references and further tracking.
- Any future communication by the sponsor will be through the email provided at the time of registration.
Vidyadhan Scholarship Selection Procedure
The selection process will initially screen students on the basis of academic performance. Provisionally selected students will have to appear for either an interview or a test. The date and time of the interview will be provided to the students who are shortlisted individually. Moreover, the foundation will reimburse the travel expenses of the student and a parent in certain cases.
Documents Required for Vidyadhan Scholarship
Please ensure that the following documents are readily available before applying for the scholarship.
- SSLC/SSC/10th or equivalent marksheet. In case the original marks card is not yet available, students can upload a provisional marks card from the ICSE/CBSE or official State education department website.
- A passport-sized photograph
- Income Certificate
- Disability Certificate
FAQ’s on Vidyadhan Scholarship
Who are eligible to apply for this scholarship?
Students who have completed their class 10 board exams or equivalent are eligible. Moreover, they should have secured not less than 90% marks or equivalent CGPA.
Are all students studying in any state eligible to apply?
No. Only students who have completed their 10th from the following states are eligible
- Tamil Nadu
- Andhra Pradesh
What is the duration of the scholarship?
The initial duration of the scholarship is up to two years (classes 11 and 12). If the students show excellent academic performance, they can be eligible for extending the scholarship to complete their degrees.
What is the scholarship amount?
Students will be awarded an amount of INR 6,000 per year for classes 11 and 12.