Bihar Scholarship 2019: Bihar Scholarship gives a vast range of educational opportunities for the candidates who are residing in the Bihar state permanently. The Bihar Government and different private organizations collectively offer plenty of scholarships for worthy and impoverished scholars of the state. The key purpose of each scholarship is to assist and prompt deserving learners to pursue further studies despite any financial limitation.
The article provides here all the highlights of Bihar scholarships presented by the government of Bihar and other firms. Get details of the list of scholarship, eligibility criteria, the detailed application process, application timeline, and award details.
List of Bihar Scholarship
Here you will get the details of a number of Bihar scholarships are available, time duration to apply for the scholarship. The table given here contains the entire Bihar scholarship list, with their provider details and tentative application period. This will present you with an insight into scholarships that are prepared exclusively for the candidates of Bihar. Check for the scholarship that suits your requirements and fills the respective application, specified for them.
|Name of the Scholarship||Provided By||Application Duration|
|Post Matric Scholarship (PMS) For OBC/SC/ST Students, Bihar||Backward and Extremely Backward Class Welfare Department, Government of Bihar||January – March|
|Pre-Matric Scholarship for OBC Students||Backward and Extremely Backward Class Welfare Department, Government of Bihar||Not Available|
|Chief Minister Medhavi Yojana for EBC/BC Students, Bihar||Backward and Extremely Backward Class Welfare Department, Government of Bihar||Not Available|
|BTSE Bihar Talent Search Examination||Mployd Edutech Pvt. Ltd. in association with Lok Kalyan Parishad||February – August|
|Combined Counselling Board (CCB) Scholarship, Bihar||Combined Counselling Board||October – April|
Bihar Scholarship Eligibility
Now, as you are informed of all the list of Bihar Scholarship, let us know further the respective eligibility criteria. Every scholarship has its own eligibility criteria but there is one criterion, which each scholarship has stated, which is, candidates need to be a permanent resident of Bihar state and no candidate is eligible who reside outside the state.
Now let us check the academic qualifications and maximum family income criteria for all the category students required as per the eligibility defined by the conducting Bihar Board.
Post Matric Scholarship (PMS), Bihar for OBC/SC/ST Students
- The students studying at post-matriculation level (class 11 to postgraduation level) can apply for this scholarship.
- They must have passed the last qualifying examination.
- The annual income of the family should be less than INR 2.50 Lakh (for SC/ST candidates) and INR 1 Lakh (for OBC candidates).
- They must not be in receipt of any other scholarship.
Pre-Matric Scholarship, Bihar, for OBC Students
- The students studying in class 1 to 10 at a government or government-recognized school can apply for this scholarship.
Chief Minister Medhavi Yojana, Bihar, for EBC/BC Students
- The students who have passed their class 10 examination organized by Bihar School Examination Board with first-class (over 60% marks) can apply for this scholarship.
- The annual income of the family for BC students should be less than INR 1.50 Lakh.
BTSE Bihar Talent Search Examination, Bihar (for all candidates)
- This scholarship examination is open for students of class 7 to 10.
Combined Counselling Board (CCB) Scholarship, Bihar (for all candidates)
- The students studying at college/university level (pursuing diploma level, degree level or postgraduate level courses) can apply for this scholarship.
- They must have passed the last qualifying examination with at least 40% to 50% marks.
How To Apply for Bihar Scholarships?
The application process varies for different Bihar scholarships. We are providing the details here for individual scholarships and how to apply for them. Check the details in the below-given table and proceed with the application procedure as per your requirement.
|Post Matric Scholarship (PMS) For OBC/SC/ST Students||Candidates have to submit online application through the National Scholarship Portal (NSP).|
|Pre-Matric Scholarship for OBC Students||Candidates have to submit an offline application through respective institutions/District Education Officer (DEO).|
|Chief Minister Medhavi Yojana for EBC/BC Students,||Candidates have to submit an offline application through the Education Department of the state.|
|BTSE (Bihar Talent Search Examination)||Candidates have to submit an online application of Bihar Talent Search Examination.|
|Combined Counselling Board (CCB) Scholarship||Candidates have to submit an online application of the Combined Counselling Board.|
Bihar Scholarship – Application Procedure of Post Matric Scholarship
Interested candidates may apply online through the official website of National Scholarship Portal from Feb-2019 to 05-March-2019. To apply for the scholarship follow the below-given steps:
- Visit the National Scholarship Portal, https://scholarships.gov.in/
- Click on New User/Register.
- Read the guidelines properly.
- Continue to register.
- Once registered, take note of student application ID and continue to apply.
- The applicants will receive an OTP on their registered mobile number. Confirm the OTP.
- Change the password.
- Log in with your registration number, date of birth and password.
- You will be directed to a webpage comprising important instructions about form filling.
- Read all instructions thoroughly and tick the box given at the end of the page and click “Proceed”.
- The minute you click on the “Proceed” button, you will be directed to the user dashboard.
- Click on “Fill in application form” part.
- Fill in additional details in the scholarship application form.
- Click on submit button.
- Once you click on submit after finishing the application form, you need to upload your photograph and other supporting documents.
- Before heading towards the final submission of the application form, the candidates are suggested to go through every detail filled carefully to avoid any sort of error afterward. Also, there is no requirement of making changes to the information filled by the candidate, once finally submit the application form.
- After final submission of the application form, the candidates are asked to take the print out of the form and submit it along with other supporting documents to their respective educational institutions.
Bihar Scholarship Documents Required for Application
- Last Qualifying Exam Mark Sheet
- Category Certificate
- Family Income Certificate
- Bank Passbook
- Fee Receipt Number
- Annual Non Refundable Amount
- Enrollment Number
- Student ID Proof
- Domicile Certificate
- Aadhar Card Number
- Latest Passport Size Photograph
Bihar Scholarship Reward Details
Get the details of the scholarship amount that each Bihar scholarship will offer and the number of students who will be benefitted through these scholarships. The prize money or reward amount of scholarship and the number of students receiving benefits from them differs from scholarship to scholarship. Moreover, the government scholarships transfer the amount directly into the bank account of the receivers through Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT).
Post Matric Scholarship (PMS) For OBC/SC/ST Students
- There are 3,00,000 scholarships available in this category
- Maintenance allowance of up to Rs.1200 per month (for hostellers) and INR 550 per month (for day scholars) for 10 months
- An additional allowance of up to Rs.240 per month for students with disabilities
- Reimbursement of compulsory non-refundable fees
- Study tour charges of up to Rs.1600 per annum
- Thesis typing and printing charges of up to Rs.1600 for research scholars
Pre-Matric Scholarship for OBC Students
- There are 3,00,000 scholarships available in this category
- For day-scholars of class 1 to 4 – Rs.50 per month
- For day scholars of class 5 to 6 – Rs.100 per month
- For day scholars of class 7 to 10 – Rs.150 per month
- For hostellers of class 1 to 10 – Rs.250 per month
Chief Minister Medhavi Yojana for EBC/BC Students
- There are 1,55,000 scholarships available in this category
- One-time financial assistance of Rs.10,000 to each scholar
BTSE Bihar Talent Search Examination
- Rs.20,000 and a laptop for students scoring from 91% to 100% in BTSE
- Rs.15,000 and a notepad for students scoring from 81% to 90% in BTSE
- Rs.10,000 and a tab for students scoring from 71% to 80% in BTSE
- Rs.5,000 and a smartwatch for students scoring from 61% to 70% in BTSE
- Gift hampers for students scoring from 51% to 60% in BTSE
Combined Counselling Board (CCB) Scholarship
- Scholarship from Rs.1 Lakh to Rs.3 Lakh
Important Instructions for Bihar Scholars
- Fields provided with a red asterisk (*) mark are mandatory fields.
- Candidates should separately inform the mistakes detected by them to the Institute/District/Region/State. The software provides the facility at the level of the Institute & State to edit & correct limited information.
- The Fields which can be edited are, Gender, Religion, Category, Profession, Annual Income, Aadhar Number, Disability, Day Scholar/Hostler, Mode of Study, IFSC Code, Account No., Admission Fees and Tuition Fees.However, corrections made by the Institute/State, if any, would be conveyed instantly to the student through SMS/email.
- Candidates can fill up the online application in as many sittings as he/she wishes until he/she are satisfied that you have entered all desirable fields correctly. The software provides the facility to save their application at every stage.
- Aadhaar No. is not Mandatory for the Students in order to Register and fills up the application form online. Students can apply for Scholarship without entering the Aadhaar no. but in that case, they have to enter Aadhaar Enrollment Id.
- An Application ID (Permanent ID) will be provided to the candidate once his/her Registration is done. It will be conveyed to candidates through SMS and e-mail. Students should memorize their Application ID as it will be required while applying for Fresh/renewal scholarship.
- Student cannot apply as a fresh if he/she is a Renewal candidate. Their application will be rejected in that case.
- The student should immediately approach the institute to contact the nodal officer of the State where the institute is located. Student can also approach the Nodal Officer of that State directly through e-mail under intimation to the Ministry. If their institute is an eligible institution, the State Government concerned would enter it into the database and then they can apply.
- The name and contact details of the Nodal Officer/State Department of all States/UTs are available in “Services->Know your State Nodal Officer” option.
- Student can check the status of Online Application by submitting his/her Permanent id and Date Of Birth and open the link “Check your Status”.
- Documents are required to be uploaded only for the Scholarship Amount more than ₹50000 per annum
What is the last date for submitting applications online?
Closure dates for acceptance of various scholarship applications are available in National Scholarships Portal.
How can a candidate apply online for scholarship?
In order to apply online, please visit the website through URL www.scholarships.gov.in
Who are eligible to apply for Scholarship Schemes?
Students fulfilling the Scheme guidelines of various Ministries are eligible to apply for these scholarships. These are available on the Home Page of the Portal.
Can an applicant, edit the information already saved and up-to what time?
All the information can be edited till the closure of application form. After final submission, your application will be forwarded to the next level and application hereby cannot be edited.