Post Matric Scholarship 2019-2020: Post-Matric Scholarship means it is an initiative of the Ministry of Minority Affairs, Government of India. This scholarship is awarded to the SC, ST, and OBC category students. This scholarship empowers the minority community students from the deprived section of people to undertake education. National Scholarship Portal (NSP) has invited online application for minority community students to provide financial aid under this scheme.
Eligible students can fill and submit their application form on or before 31st October 2019. Govt of India and many State Govt initiated various scholarships under this scheme. 30% of this scholarship reserved for Girl students. Students can check the Post Matric Scholarship Status. Read the article below to know the complete information about Post Matric Scholarship.
The applications for Post-Matric Scholarships for Delhi, Tripura, and Telangana state are currently open. Visit the respective scholarship link to apply.
Post Matric Scholarship for Minorities
Post Matric Scholarship provided to students for studying in any Govt or Private colleges/universities in India. This scholarship also awarded state-wise to students belonging to minority communities. Students from class 11 to Ph.D. belonging to minority communities can get multiple awards under this scheme. This scholarship offers financial support to students belonging to minority communities for higher education.
Students belong to SC, ST, OBC, Economically Backward Classes (EBC), and Minority Community can get scholarships under this scheme. This scholarship aims to provide financial help to minority community students from lower-income families. Post Matric Scholarship is available in various states of India for SC, ST, and OBC students. These are listed below:
- Post Matric Scholarship Karnataka
- Post Matric Scholarship Bihar
- CG Post Matric Scholarship
- Post Matric Scholarship Kerala
- Post Matric Scholarship Odisha
- Post Matric Scholarship MP
- Post Matric Scholarship West Bengal
- Post Matric Scholarship Uttarakhand
- Post Matric Scholarship Rajasthan
- Post Matric Scholarship Punjab
- Post Matric Scholarship Chhattisgarh
- Post Matric Scholarship Tripura and so forth.
Courses Under Post Matric Scholarship
- Polytechnic courses
- Bachelor’s and Master’s Degree courses in Arts, Science & Commerce
- Diploma Courses (XI & XII)
- Integrated LAW (BBA, LLB, UG, B.Sc.)
- Nursing (Auxiliary Nursing And Midwifery UG, GNM)
- Various Technical & Vocational Courses
- Research Programmes (D.Pharma, M.phil, P.hd & Rural Development)
- Diploma Courses of Management & Computer Applications, Unger-graduate, and Postgraduate
Post Matric Scholarship Important Dates
|Start of Post Matric Scholarship Application||July 15, 2019|
|Last Date to Submit Post Matric Scholarship Application||October 31, 2019|
|Closing Date for Defective Verification||November 15, 2019|
|Closing Date for Institute Verification||November 15, 2019|
Post Matric Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
- Both girl and boy candidates who belong to a minority community can apply for this scholarship.
- Candidates must belong to Indian Citizenship.
- Class 11th & 12th, UG, PG, M.Phil, Ph.D. or Diploma students are eligible.
- Candidate’s family income from all sources should not be more than 2 Lakh per annum.
- Candidates must have secured at least 50% marks in the previous examination.
Post Matric Scholarship Benefits
This scholarship provides financial assistance for admission and course/ tuition fees as well as maintenance allowance. Refer to the below-given benefits:
State Merit Scholarship Benefits
|Admission and Tuition fee||Hosteller||Day Scholar (INR)|
|Class 11-12||7000 pa||7000 pa|
|technical and vocational courses||10000 pa||10000 pa|
|graduation and post-graduation studies||3000 pa||3000 pa|
|Maintenance Allowances||380-1200 pm||230-550 pm|
Post Matric Scholarship Amount
|Admission and tuition fee for classes XI and XII.||Actual subject to a maximum ceiling of Rs.7,000 p.a.||Actual subject to a maximum ceiling of Rs.7,000 p.a.|
|Admission and course/ the tuition fee for technical and vocational courses of XI and XII level. (Includes fees/charges for raw materials, etc.)||Actual subject to a maximum ceiling of Rs.10,000 p.a.||Actual subject to a maximum ceiling of Rs.10,000 p.a.|
|Admission and tuition fee for under-graduate, postgraduate.||Actual subject to a maximum ceiling of Rs.3,000 p.a.||Actual subject to a maximum ceiling of Rs.3,000 p.a.|
|Maintenance allowance for 10 months only in an academic year (Includes expenses for study material, etc.)||Rs.380 p.m.||Rs.230 p.m.|
|Classes XI and XII including technical and vocational courses of this level.|
|Courses other than technical and professional courses at undergraduate and postgraduate level||Rs.570 p.m.||Rs.300 p.m.|
|M. Phil and Ph.D.||Rs.1200 p.m.||Rs.550 p.m.|
Post Matric Scholarship Selection Process
A limited number of Post Matric Scholarship for Minority, SC Category is available. Students from the lowest income BPL families will be given preference in the ascending order. The renewal applications will be fully devastated before the new applications are considered.
How to Apply Online Post Matric Scholarship Application Form?
Refer to the following points to fill the Post Matric Scholarship online application form.
- Go to the official website of NSP – scholarships.gov.in.
- Click on the ‘Ministry of Minority Affairs’ appeared under the ‘State Schemes’ of the NSP homepage.
- Read the ‘Post Matric Scholarships Scheme for Minorities Guidelines’ carefully.
- Then, click on the ‘New Registration’ appeared on the homepage.
- You will be redirected to the new student registration form instruction page. Read all the instructions mentioned for registration and click on ‘Continue’.
- Then, you will be redirected to the new student registration form. Fill the correct and valid information in the registration form such as name, email Id, phone number, etc.
- Enter your correct bank details. An OTP will be sent to your mobile number given at the time of registration.
- Enter OTP and login to NSP to fill the form.
- This will generate an application Id and password which can be used for future references.
- Fill the Post Matric Scholarship application form along with the relevant documents.
- Submit the Post Matric Scholarship application form and take the printout for future usage.
Post Matric Scholarship Necessary Documents
The following documents should be uploaded along with the application form.
- Minority community certificate
- Self- attested Passport size photo with signature
- Permanent address proof
- Students Bank Account proof
- Aadhaar Card
- Attested copies of mark sheet of previous exams
- Institution Verification Form
- Fee Receipt of current course year
- Income declaration
- Residential Certificate
- Domicile certificate, if required
Post Matric Scholarship Renewal Scheme
- Once the Post Matric Scholarship will be awarded to the students may be renewed during the next academic year. That means during the next academic year course on the production of a certificate.
- Students who have secured at least 50% of marks in the examination will be allotted for scholarship Renewal.
Post Matric Scholarship Result
The Post Matric Scholarship Result will be announced by the Ministry of Minority Affairs, Government of India. students can check their results on the official website scholarships.gov.in. Shortlisted candidates will be awarded scholarships after the result declaration.
Post Matric Scholarship Terms and Conditions
Refer to the following Post Matric Scholarship terms and conditions:
- The scholarship can be given to only a maximum of two children in the same family.
- The scholarship may be canceled in case of a violation of any terms and conditions of the scholarship.
- The scholarship will be canceled in case it is found that the students have obtained a scholarship by false statement or certificates.
- The Government of India has the power to change the regulations at any time.
- Students of 18 years of age have to provide a self-certified community certificate.
- Transfer from one school/college to another is not allowed for renewal candidates during the period of an academic course.
- The scholarship awards and allowances will be credited only to the student’s bank account under the Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT).
- The scholarship provides 100% funding for the scheme. Since this is a Central Sector Scheme.
- The Ministry has the power to evaluate the scheme at regular intervals.
Post Matric Scholarship Contact Details
In case of any queries/complaints regarding this scholarship students can reach out to the concerned authority using the following details:
|Address||Ministry of Minority Affairs, CGO Complex, Paryavaran Bhawan, 11th Floor, Lodhi Road, New Delhi-110003|
|Phone||011-24364279 or 011-24364310|
|Email ID||[email protected]|
FAQ’s on Post Matric Scholarship
What is the Post Matric Scholarship?
Post Matric Scholarship is an initiative of the Ministry of Minority Affairs, Government of India. This scholarship offers financial support to students belonging to minority communities for higher education. Students belong to SC, ST, OBC, Economically Backward Classes (EBC), and Minority Community can get scholarships under this scheme.
Is there any reservation for girl candidates under Post Metric Scholarship?
Yes, 30% of this scholarship reserved for Girl students. If the required girl students will not be available, then it can be awarded to eligible boy students.
What is the qualification required to apply for Post Matric Scholarship?
Class 11th & 12th, UG, PG, M.Phil, Ph.D. or Diploma students are eligible to apply.
What is the deadline to submit the Post Matric Scholarship application?
The deadline for submitting this scholarship application is 31st October 2019.
Is the Post Matric Scholarship available for the States in India?
Yes, the Post Matric Scholarship is available in various states of India for SC, ST, and OBC students.
Hope this article will help you to know more about Post Matric Scholarship. For any queries related to Post Matric Scholarship, leave it in the comment box.
You can also find more Scholarship Articles for 12th passed, 10th passed Students and many more.