VITEEE is conducted by Vellore Institute of Technology for admissions to its engineering courses. It is a university level entrance exam and the eligible candidates can apply to its courses offered in Vellore, Bhopal, Chennai, and Amaravati.
VIT is a renowned institute and around 2 lakh candidates appear for the exam every year. VITEEE is a computer-based online test of 2 and a half hours duration. Application forms can be submitted online as well as offline.
Read on to explore about VITEEE registration, eligibility, exam dates, and other relevant details.
The application forms are released in the month of September in online as well as offline mode. The registration and application process is carried out in the following steps:
- The candidates can submit the name, date of birth, nationality, gender, email ID, and mobile number to register on the official website. The login password will be received on the registered email ID and phone number of the candidate.
- Fill in the required details in the application form.
- The candidates can pay the application fees through net banking, credit card, debit card.
- Upload the scanned images of photograph and signature and submit the form.
Note: The application fees for the online mode is Rs. 1150
Latest Update – VITEEE 2020 registration last date extended. Direct Link to Apply For VITEEE 2020
- The offline application forms can be obtained from different post offices on paying an amount of Rs. 1250 or submitting a demand draft of Rs. 1250 in favour of Vellore Institute of Technology.
- The form should be filled with black ballpoint pen.
- The application form should be sent by registered post or speed post.
The application fees for the students appearing for VITEEE is mentioned below:
- Online Application Fees – Rs. 1150
- Offline Application Fees – Rs. 1250
- For NRI Candidates – US$ 50
The students appearing for VITEEE should fulfill the following eligibility criteria:
- The candidate should be the resident of India or an NRI.
- There is a foreign category for foreigners.
- The candidate should be 22 years old as on July 1st of the current year.
- The candidates should have scored a total of 60% in Physics, Chemistry, Maths/Biology.
- The candidates belonging to the North Indian States, SC/ST category, and Jammu and Kashmir should have scored a total of 50% marks.
- The students appearing for 12th can also apply for the entrance test.
The candidates who fail to fulfil the eligibility criteria are not allowed to apply for the examination.
VITEEE Slot Booking Process
The exam slots can be booked online. The slots are booked on first come, first serve basis. The candidates can book the slots in the following steps:
- Click on the slot booking link in the official website.
- Enter the application number and password provided during registration.
- Select the desired date and slot of the examination along with the test center.
- The booked slot cannot be changed thereafter.
- If the candidate does not book the slot, it will be automatically allotted to the candidates as per the availability.
- The admit card will be released only after the slot has been booked.
VITEEE Admit Card
The candidates will not be allowed to enter the examination hall without the admit card. It should be kept after the examination for the admission process. The admit card can be downloaded from the official website.
The admit card contains the candidate’s name, date of birth, admit card number, address of the test center, test date and time, and the photograph of the student. In case of any error, the student should immediately inform the authorities.
VITEEE Exam Pattern
VITEEE is an online test of 125 marks conducted for a duration of 2 and a half hours. Each question carries one mark. There is no negative marking for the wrong answer.
VITEEE Exam Pattern The questions are all objective type and the marking scheme is as follows:
|No. Of Questions||Total Marks|
The results are published on the official website. The students can check their ranks and marks scored in online mode. The candidates can check their results in the following steps:
- Go to the official website.
- Click on the result link.
- Enter the application number and date of birth and click on submit.
- The result will be displayed.
- Download the results for further reference.
The VITEEE counselling is held offline. The provisional letters are sent on the registered email IDs. The students can attend the counselling sessions as scheduled.
The courses are allotted to the candidates on merit basis and seat availability. The authorities verify the documents. The candidates need to book the allotted seats by paying the required amount.
The documents required during the VITEEE counselling are given below:
- VITEEE admit card
- VITEEE counselling admit card
- VITEEE result copy
- Class 10th certificate as birth date proof
- For candidates waiting for class 12th results, the admit card of the appeared exam is required
- For reserved category, the community certificate is required
- Mark sheet of qualifying examination
- Nativity certificate fir candidates from North-eastern states, and Jammu and Kashmir
- DD of Rs. 50,000 in favour of “Vellore Institute of Technology”
- DD of Rs. 21000 for hostel in favour of “Vellore Institute of Technology”
Key Points of VITEEE
There are certain changes made in the Vellore Institute of Technology Engineering Entrance Exam this year:
- The application fees of VITEEE offline form has been increased to Rs. 1250.
- A new section of aptitude is added to the entrance test.
- The number of questions in Physics and Chemistry is reduced from 40 to 35.
VITEEE is an opportunity for all those who could not make through the IIT JEE examinations. The entrance test gives them a chance to get into one of the renowned institutions in the country.
A thorough understanding of the class 11th and 12th syllabus is more than enough for the candidates to prepare for the entrance exam. They can also consult the candidates who had already qualified VITEEE for a better understanding of the examination pattern and the type of questions asked.
The students should keep checking the official website for daily updates and other important details. The students are requested to keep a check on the important dates, from the release of the application form to the announcement of the counselling dates. Failure in completing any step might lead to disqualification.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the extended date for registration of VITEEE 2020?
The last date of registration for VITEEE 2020 has been extended due to COVID-19. The date has not been announced by the University.
When will VITEEE 2020 be conducted?
The tentative date for VITEEE 2020 is from 13th to 19th April.
When will the results for VITEEE 2020 be declared?
The results are supposed to be published on the official website on 30th of April.
How can the candidate correct the mistakes made while filling the application form?
The candidates can correct the mistakes made while filling the application form. The dates for corrections will be announced by the University soon.