VITEEE Exam Pattern – The VITEEE is conducted for admission to various B.Tech courses in Vellore Institute of Technology. VIT Engineering Entrance Examination is Computer Based Test (CBT), which will be held in April-2020. So the candidates who are planning to appear for VITEEE must be aware of VITEEE Exam Pattern & Syllabus. Candidates need to know about the different subjects in the exam, the type of questions asked, the marking scheme, etc. so that they can start the preparation plan accordingly. So in order to know all these facts, candidates must know VITEEE 2020 Exam Pattern.
Knowing VITEEE Marking Scheme will help candidates to understand the question paper pattern and section-wise distribution of marks and further help aspirants to face the actual exam without any trouble. So in this article, we will provide you with all the necessary information regarding VITEEE Exam Pattern that is the number of sections, exam pattern, mode of the exam, medium of the exam, etc. Read on to find out everything about
VITEEE Exam Pattern.
VITEEE Exam Pattern – Overview
Before getting into the details of VITEEE Exam Pattern, let’s have an overview of the VITEEE exam:
- Name of the Exam/VITEEE Full form: Vellore Institute of Technology Engineering Entrance Examination.
- Commonly known as – VITEEE
- Exam Category – Pre-UG
- Conducting body: Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT)
- Exam Mode: Computer Based Test (CBT)
- Mode of Registration: Online
- Exam Type: National Level
- Courses offered: Engineering (B.Tech)
- VITEEE Official Website: https://www.vit.ac.in/
Detailed VITEEE Exam Pattern
Aspirants who are taking the exam must be aware of VITEEE Exam Pattern in order to secure good marks. Knowing the VITEEE 2020 Marking Scheme holds comprehensive importance particularly when it comes to improving proper test-taking strategy. The detailed VITEEE Exam Pattern is listed below:
- Section 1: Physics 40 questions with a total weightage of 40 marks
- Section 2: Chemistry 40 questions with a total weightage of 40 marks
- Section 3: Mathematics/Biology 40 questions with a total weightage of 40 marks
- Section 4: English 5 questions with a total weightage of 5 marks.
- Total weightage 125 marks
Highlights of VITEEE 2020 Marking Scheme
- For every correct answer, 1 Mark will be awarded.
- No Negative Marking for Incorrect Answer.
- There will be a total of 4 sections for Engineering (Physics, Chemistry, Maths/Biology and English)
- Duration of Exam: 150 Minutes or 2 Hours 30 Minutes
- The total marks of the VITEEE (125 Marks/125 Questions)
- All the questions will be of objective type or multiple-choice questions.
- The medium of the exam will be English Only.
- The exam will be held in online mode only.
VITEEE 2020 Syllabus
VITEEE Syllabus for 2020 Exam is based on the syllabus of class 11 and 12. The candidates have to prepare as per the syllabus only as no questions are asked apart from the topics in the syllabus. The candidates can check the syllabus for VITEEE 2020 in the table below:
|Laws of Motion & Work, Energy, and Power||Atomic Structure||Matrices and their Applications||Taxonomy|
|Properties of Matter||p,d and f Block Elements||Trigonometry and Complex Numbers||Cell and Molecular Biolog|
|Electrostatics||Coordination Chemistry and Solid State Chemistry||Analytical Geometry of two dimensions||Reproduction|
|Current Electricity||Thermodynamics, Chemical Equilibrium, and Chemical Kinetics||Vector Algebra||Genetics and evolution|
|Magnetic Effects of Electric Current||Electrochemistry||Analytical Geometry of Three Dimensions||Human health and diseases|
|Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Current||Isomerism in Organic Compounds||Differential Calculus||Biochemistry|
|Optics||Alcohols and Ethers||Integral Calculus and its Application||Human physiology|
|Dual Nature of Radiation and Atomic Physics||Carbonyl Compounds||Differential Equations||Plant physiology|
|Nuclear Physics||Carboxylic Acids and their derivatives||Probability Distributions||Biotechnology and its applications|
|Semiconductor Devices and their Applications||Organic Nitrogen Compounds and Biomolecules||Discrete Mathematics||Biodiversity, ecology and environment|
VITEEE Exam Pattern – Exam Schedule
The tentative exam schedule of VITEEE 2020 is tabulated below:
|VITEEE 2020||Important Dates|
|Information brochure releases||4th week of Oct 2019|
|Online Application Process||4th week of Oct 2019|
|OMR Application Form available from||1st week of Nov 2019|
|Editing of the Online Application||3rd week of Mar 2020|
|Last date to submit the application form||3rd week of Mar 2020|
|Slot Booking starts||4th week of Mar 2020|
|Issuance of the VITEEE 2019 Admit Card||4th week of Mar 2020|
|VITEEE 2019 exam date||1st to 3rd week of Apr 2020|
|Declaration of Result||3rd week of Apr 2020|
|Counselling Process||May 2020|
|Phase IV Counselling Process||Jun 2020|
|Commencement of classes||Jul 2020|
Vellore Institute of Technology Highlights
- Establishment Year: 1984
- Type of University: Deemed to be University
- Accredited with Grade A: Accredited with Grade A NAAC, India in 2015
- Campus Area: 250 acres
- Total No. of Students: 24000
- No. of Hostels: 23
- Total No. of Books: 2,21,118
- E-Journals: 13344
- Courses Offered: 19 Undergraduate, 34 Post graduate, 2 Integrated, 4 Research Programmes
- Entrance Exams: VITEEE for B.Tech, VITMEE for M.Tech & MCA, VITREE for M.Phil and Ph.D.
- Location: Vellore, Tamil Nadu
- How to Reach: 3 km from Vellore-katpadi Junction
VITEEE Exam Timings
- Session I: 09.00 am to 11.30 am
- Session II: 12.30 pm to 03.00 pm
- Session III: 04.00 pm to 06.30 pm
VITEEE Exam Pattern | Eligibility Criteria
- Non-Resident Indian
- Person of Indian Origin
- OCI Holder
VITEEE Age Limit:
- Born on or after July 1, 1998
VITEEE Qualification Criteria:
- Candidates who are appearing or have passed the 10+2 higher secondary exam which is conducted by ISC, CBSE, any State board
- Intermediate or Two-year Pre-University Examination conducted by a recognized Board / University.
- High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva.
- General Certificate Education (G C E) examination (London/Cambridge/Srilanka) at the Advanced (A) level.
- NIOS candidates are also eligible to apply.
VITEEE Qualifying marks:
- General Category- Candidates should have scored an aggregate of 60% in Maths, Physics, and Chemistry in 10+2.
- SC, ST, J&K, North Eastern states- Candidates should have scored an average 50% marks in Physics, Maths, and Chemistry in 10+2 or its equivalent exam.
How many campuses does VIT University have?
- Vellore Institute of Technology – Chennai, Tamil Nadu
- Vellore Institute of Technology – Vellore, Tamil Nadu
- Vellore Institute of Technology – Amaravati, Andhra Pradesh
- VIT – Bhopal
Now that you are provided all the necessary information regarding VITEEE exam pattern. Apart from knowing exam pattern, candidates are advised to check the VITEEE syllabus completely.