PMSSS 2019: PMSSS (Prime Minister’s Special Scholarship Scheme) also is known as J&K Scholarship, meant for students of Jammu and Kashmir who wants to acquire higher education in different fields such as, Engineering and Technology, Nursing, Pharmacy, Architecture, Hotel Management and Catering Technology, Crafts and Design, Arts, Medical and General education. The scheme is available for Diploma passed students also who want to be graduate in Engineering and Technology as Lateral Entry (2nd year BE/B.Tech).
J&K or PMSSS is an elite scholarship opportunity provided to students who are a domicile of Jammu and Kashmir. Commenced in the year 2011, the scheme focusses on improving job opportunities for the youth of the state by giving them financial support, so that they can proceed with higher studies at an undergraduate level outside J&K. 5000 fresh scholarships are provided by the government every year, for studying in the best academic institutions outside J&K. Conducted by the All India Council for Technical Education, the AICTE PMSSS is administered within the state by the J&K government.
Get complete information related to PMSSS eligibility conditions to qualify for different scholarship schemes, application procedure, what is the last date to apply. Also, know the method through which scholarship will be paid to students and the selection process. In this article, all the important detail related to J and K scholarship such as the dates, eligibility criteria, application procedure, award details, selection procedure, etc. are given here.
PMSSS Important Dates
Before reviewing information about the PMSSS, you should know the important dates related to it. The scholarship supports applications from eligible students every year within a mentioned time duration. Here, all the vital dates related to the JK scholarship for the academic session 2019-20 is given.
|Online registration starting date||10th April 2019|
|Last date to register online for class 12 passed/ appearing students||31st May 2019|
|The last date to register online for diploma passed students (lateral entry in engineering stream only)||18th June 2019|
|Document verification of registered candidates at facilitation centers (online)||16th April 2019 to 31st May 2019
16th April 2019 to 14th May 2019 (for lateral entry students)
|Choice filling option for students whose documents have been verified||22nd April 2019 to 31st May 2019
20th April 2019 to 14th May 2019 (for lateral entry students)
|Release of provisional merit list on the portal||11th June 2019
Up to 10th June 2019 (for lateral entry students)
|Document re-verification at facilitation centers (Offline)||11th June 2019 to 13th June 2019|
|Release of final merit list on the portal (Online)||18th June 2019
14th June 2019 (for lateral entry students)
|The first round of counseling (provisional seat allotment) Online||Yet to be announced|
|The second round of counseling (provisional seat allotment)_Online||Yet to be announced|
PMSSS Eligibility Criteria
To apply for Prime Minister’s Special Scholarship Scheme, students need to meet certain requirements which mainly depend on their citizenship, academic qualification and total income of the family. Know about details of eligibility criteria, necessarily required for this scholarship here.
- Candidates should be a domicile of J&K State
- Candidates should have Passed 10+2 Exam from JKBOSE or CBSE affiliated schools located in J&K
- Candidates should have Passed 10+3 Diploma from J&K State Polytechnic to get admission directly in the second year in the stated list of Colleges against the vacant seats of the previous year
- Overall Family income of the candidates should not exceed Rs. 8.00 Lakh per annum
Candidates who are not eligible
- Seeking their studies within open universities.
- Already undergoing financial support under this plan or any other scholarship scheme.
- Getting admission within the management quota.
- Persevering studies at the postgraduation level.
- Procured admission to a college other than the designated colleges.
- Getting admission within NGOs/Agents.
- Annual family earnings are greater than INR 8 Lakh per annum.
PMSSS Application Procedure
Every year, AICTE welcomes on its official website online applications filled by eligible candidates. If applicants fulfill all the criteria needed for PMSSS, they can apply by following the below steps:
- Go the AICTE PMSSS official website, www.aicte-jk-scholarship-gov.in
- To apply for PMSSS, click on the registration button.
- Fill in all the mandatory details.
- Submit the registration form.
- Once registration is done, candidates will receive an SMS/email on their registered mobile number/email for verification.
- Click the verification link and complete the registration process.
- After the successful registration, candidates have to log in via the AICTE PMSSS website.
- Keep the scanned copies of all the supporting documents in jpg/png format with the file size not more than 2 MB.
- Once logged in, read the brochure carefully, tick mark the declaration and click on the “Proceed Further” button.
- Fill the required details in the application form such as personal information, address, family income, educational details, etc.
- Upload all the scanned copies of supporting documents and preview the application form.
- Provide the details of preferences and grievance centre details.
- Now submit the application by clicking on “Submit Application”.
- After submitting the application, applicants should take the print out of the application form and visit the facilitation center along with all supporting documents in original for verification.
- Present the photocopies of all the certificates to the facilitation center at the time of verification.
- Once the verification is done, the applicants have to collect a copy of their document verification report.
Documents Required for PMSSS
- Passport-sized photograph (preferred size – 200 X 230 pixels)
- Scanned signature (preferred size – 140 X 60 pixels)
- SSC/Class 10th mark sheet
- Domicile/Day Scholar certificate issued by the government of J&K
- Aadhaar card (if available)
- Family income certificate issued by the Tehsildar or equivalent
- Category/Caste certificate issued by the competent authority of state government (if applicable)
- Certificate of disability (for Persons with Disabilities – PWD)
Note: Aadhar Card is essential for smooth DBT (Direct Benefit Transfer) through Public Financial Management System (PFMS).
PMSSS – List of Facilitation Center for Documents Verification
Candidates are required to get their uploaded documents verified with the originals at the nearest Facilitation Centres set-up by the Government of J&K and once it is verified and uploaded with the stamp on Facilitation Centres portals, the choice filling window will be activated for only. The choice filling window will be blocked on the last date, after that, no change will be allowed in order of preference. After document verification from the facilitation center, the candidate has to collect a copy of the document verification report without fail.
Facilitation Centers for J&K PMSSS 2019-20 Jammu Division
- Government G.M. Science College, Jammu – 01912578189, [email protected]
- Government College for Women Gandhi Nagar, Jammu – 01912435158, [email protected]
- Government Degree College, Boys (Kathua) – 01922234315
- Government Degree College, Bani – 01921268025, [email protected]
- Government Degree College, Boys Udhampur – 01992270239, 01992270289, [email protected]
- Government Degree College, Rajouri – 01962262510, [email protected]
- Government Degree College, Poonch – 01965220231, [email protected]
- Government Degree College GDC, Doda – 01996233552, [email protected]
- Government Degree College, Reasi – 019912455905, [email protected]
- Government Degree College, Ramban – 01998266779, [email protected]
- Government Degree College, Banihal – 01998255906, [email protected]
- Government Degree College, Kishtwar – 01995259513, [email protected]
- Government Degree College, Bhaderwah – 01997244155, [email protected]
- Government Degree College, Marwah – NA, [email protected]
- Government Degree College, R.S.Pura – 01923252958
- Government Degree College, Samba – 01923241044, [email protected]
- Government Degree College, Mendhar – 01965226793, [email protected]
Facilitation Centers for J&K PMSSS 2019-20 Kashmir Division
- Sri Pratap College, Srinagar – 09142476828, 09142476804, [email protected]
- Government Degree College, Anantnag – 01932222308, [email protected]
- Government College (Women), M.A. Road, Srinagar – 09142478259, [email protected]
- Government Degree College, Bijbehara – 01932233263, [email protected]
- Government Degree College (Boys), Sopore – 0195422262, [email protected]
- Government Degree College (Boys), Baramulla – 01952234214, [email protected]
- Government Degree College, Pattan – 01954231244, [email protected]
- Government Degree College (Boys), Kupwara – 01955252155, [email protected]
- Government Degree College, Kulgam – 01931260177
- Government Degree College (SAM), Budgam – 01951256444, [email protected]
- Government Boys College, Pulwama – 01933241250, [email protected]
- Government Degree College, Shopian – 01933260204, [email protected]
- Government Degree College, Tral – 01933251278, [email protected]
- Government Degree College, Bandipora – 01957226033, [email protected]
- Government Degree College, Dooru – 01932230157, [email protected]
- Government Degree College Ganderbal – 01942416854, [email protected]
- Government Degree College, Chrari-sharief – 0195125340, [email protected]
PMSSS Selection Process
Prime Ministers Special Scholarship Scheme conducted by AICTE is totally a merit-based scholarship that evaluates the marks obtained by students in class 12th for the selection. Apart from this, there are many other conditions on the basis of which choices are made for different streams. These conditions include
- Only those candidates will be selected who have secured admission to a degree course after clearing an entrance examination administered by either the central government or state government.
- To get admission to MBBS or BDS courses, the students have to qualify the NEET (CBSE) examination.
- To get admission to the Architecture course, the students need to qualify for the NATA examination conducted by the Council of Architecture.
- Caste and category reservations are also available where 8% of the total seats in each stream are held for SC applicants, 11% reservation is for ST applicants, 25% reservation is for SEBC applicants and remaining seats are for General category students.
Let us know the PMSSS scholarship got by students in the previous year’s data as per the Jammu and Kashmir scheme. With the help of these scholarships, J and K government is able to help many students for higher studies. The table given here presents the statistics for the past 6 years.
|Academic Session||Number of Students Admitted||Number of Students Reported|
|2017-18||3400||2706 + 516 (Diploma Lateral Entry)|
General Instructions To Applicants of PFMSSS
- Candidates should guarantee the uploading of joining report on the AICTE portal, on or before the last date of joining. It will be later verified by the Institute, after which the DBT application will be opened by the eligible candidates.
- Candidates who fail to upload their joining report on the portal of AICTE on or before the last date of joining, their seats will be canceled automatically under the scheme and will be given to the students in the next/subsequent rounds of counseling (if any).
- Candidates are required to report for admission at designated University / Institution on the date specified as per the counseling dates along with the original documents/testimonials required at the time of admission.
- Nodal Officer may direct the Candidates during his/her stay in the college campus.
- Candidates are suggested to visit the AICTE website for all PMSSS updates.
- No new registrations shall be provided in next/subsequent rounds of counseling
- Candidates must bring the original and one set of self-attested photocopies of the documents at the time of reporting for final admission in allotted University / Institute.
- Candidates are advised to refer the fee structure and other details of the Institute before choosing the seat.
FAQ’s on PFMSSS
Who is eligible for PMSSS?
- Must be the State subject of J&K.
- Must have passed 10+2 examination from J&K Board or CBSE school located in J&K.
- Must have passed 10+3 Diploma from J&K State Polytechnics eligible for admission in the direct second year in the prescribed list of colleges on the vacant seats of Engg category for batch 2018-19.
- The family income from all sources for the Financial Year 2018- 19 should not be more than Rs. 8.0 Lakh per annum.
- Only those willing to study outside the State of J&K.
How to apply for PMSSS?
Log on to AICTE Website and follow the steps to apply for “Online Registration for scholarship” and follow the instructions on how to fill the online application.
- Open AICTE Website via the link: https://www.aicte-india.org/
- Go to the PMSSS tab on the home page.
- Further, click on the tab of A/Y 2019-20 and register yourself by following the instructions.
What is the PMSSS amount for various streams?
|Stream||Academic Fee and No. of Scholarships|
|General Degree||Up to Rs.30,000 – 2070 Scholarships|
|Engineering Degree/Professional||Up to Rs.1.25 Lakh – 2830 Scholarships|
|Medical/BDS or equivalent Medical Streams||Up to Rs.3.00 Lakh – 100 Scholarships|
|Total No. of Scholarships||5000|
Maintenance charges limits – Uniformly 1 Lakh For all
What documents are required at the facilitation center for verification?
Original Documents to be produced at the time of Verification at Facilitation Center are as
- Xth Standard Mark sheet
- XIIth Standard Mark sheet(if any)
- Diploma Certificate (for lateral entry only)
- Domicile Certificate Aadhaar Card (if any)
- Family Income Certificate (Issued by Tehsildar or equivalent)
- Valid Caste certificate for SC/ST/SEBC for claiming the reservation as per State Govt. Policy
- Valid disability Certificate (if any)