NSF Scholarship 2023-24: The NSF scholarship supported by the Illinois-based North South Foundation (USA) is a merit-cum-means award. The main objective of this MCM scholarship is to provide financial support to the country’s meritorious and economically backward students in their pursuit of graduation. Under the NSF grant, students who have completed Class 12 and are participating in academic programs are eligible to apply. Also, this is an annual scholarship that serves more than 1,000 students every year until their graduation is completed. Applicants need to maintain high academic standards, however.
You will consider all the relevant details about the NSF scholarship renewal in this article. These details include the application period for a scholarship, the awards, the eligibility conditions, the application process and more. NSF Scholarship last date is December 2023. You can find a brief overview of this NSF Foundation scholarship and the last date for NSF Scholarship status, NSF Scholarship for OBC, NSF Scholarship Undergraduate in the table below.
NSF Scholarship Overview
|October to December
|Up to Rs. 25,000
|Class 12 passed student entering college
|Online application through the official website of NSF
NSF Scholarship Application Process
The application period for this merit-cum-means award can differ from year to year. Nevertheless, the NSF award is usually revealed every year during the month of September/October. This MCM scholarship was active during the months of October to November 2018 and the closing date for it was in the last week of November. So, if you want to make use of its benefits, keep an eye out for this NSF India scholarship during these months.
The NSF scholarship application process is simple and easy. Applicants can apply NSF Scholarship online for this merit-cum-means scholarship through the North-South Foundation’s official website. The steps to be taken by candidates seeking to qualify for an NSF scholarship for graduate students are provided below.
- First, applicants must visit the official website of the North-South Foundation and click on the ‘India Scholarship’ under ‘INDIA LOGIN’ which opens a new web page.
- Applicants now need to click ‘Applicant’ to open the ‘Applicant NSF Scholarship 2023 Login Page’.
- Applicants will read all the material on the list and then click on’ If you are a new user, click here‘ to enroll as a new user on the NSF website.
- Applicants are presented with an activation button on their registered email address, which must be clicked to complete the registration process.
- Applicants must now use the newly created user ID and password to log in to the NSF and click the ‘File New Submission’ button to start the application process.
- Applicants must now fill in all the required information in the NSF Scholarship application form, such as applicant details, personal details, academic details, family and financial details.
- Applicants will then upload the appropriate documentation and request a form to complete the application process.
NSF Scholarship 2023 Important Dates
|Application Start Date
|Last Date to Apply
|31st December 2023
|Verification Begins from
NSF Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
In order to be eligible for this merit-cum-means award, applicants must meet certain requirements for qualification. The full details of the eligibility criteria for the NSF scholarship are highlighted below.
- Applicants should be in the top 10% in Classes 10 and 12 and in the CET/JET ranks in their countries.
- Applicants must be admitted to academic programs such as Engineering, Medical, Dental, Polytechnic, B.Sc (Agr), B.V.Sc, etc. in the state or government-aided colleges.
- The taxable salary of the members shall not be higher than Rs. 1 Lakh.
NSF Scholarship Selection Process
The applicants for this MCM scholarship are selected purely on the basis of merit, irrespective of caste, religion, gender or geographical origin of the applicant. Below are some moves which proceeded to select candidates for this merit-cum-means scholarship.
- Applications submitted by the candidates are first reviewed by the Coordinator of the Indian Chapter.
- The shortlisted candidates, along with their parents, are then asked for a personal interview to be conducted by the ICC and a selection panel.
- Based on this interview, the selection panel sends its recommendation to the NSF India Coordinator in Hyderabad.
- Applicants will receive their scholarships at the award ceremony organized by the NSF in their honor.
NSF Scholarship Key Documents
Interested candidates must have some important documents with them while filling out this merit-cum-means scholarship application form. The collection of important documents to be sent to the applicants is shown below.
- College Admission Card CET/JEE/NEET
- Grade Card
- Bonafide College Certificate of Admission
- Certificate of Admission
- Certificate of Class 10 to 12
- Duly Certified
- Proof of Admission
- Fees paid/Payable annually duly Certified by the College
- Authorities Income
- Certificate of Admission Official or any other competent authority
- Ration Card/Aadhar Card
- Two passport-size photos
- One family photo of their parents standing in front of the house where they live on
- The reservation Class Card is properly approved if the entrance exam card does not have a reservation class.
NSF Scholarship Amount
Applicants from all over India were chosen for the NSF scholarship on the basis of merit and their financial needs. Under this merit-cum-means scholarship scheme, more than 1,000 students are selected who are eligible to receive a grant of Rs. 8,000 to Rs. 25,000. One thing a candidate must keep in mind is that he/she can not make use of this MCM scholarship if he/she already receives grants or scholarship support from another source.
- Medicine Rs.25.000/- per year
- Engineering (Fresh and Lateral Entry) Rs.20.000/-per year.
- Diploma of Technology Rs. 8,000/-per year.
- Diploma in Agriculture Rs.8,000/-B.Sc. per year.
- Dental, medical studies, and B.Sc. (agri) Rs. 20,000/-per year.
- Nursing Rs.8,000/-per year
- For renewals, the sum of the scholarship shall remain the same as the initial authorization for the length of the program.
FAQ’s on NSF Scholarship
What are the benefits of the NSF Scholarship?
About 1,500 chosen scholars can earn a cash prize from Rs. 8,000 to Rs. 25,000.
Who provides the NSF Scholarship?
The NSF Scholarship is being offered by North South Foundation (NSF), USA.
You can also find more Scholarship Articles for 12th passed, 10th passed Students and many more.