KVPY Scholarship 2019-20: Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) is conducted annually by the Indian Institute of Sciences (IISc), Bangalore. KVPY 2019 Exam took place on 3 November 2019 in a computer-based test or CBT mode. KVPY 2019 is a regional scholarship program in the area of basic sciences.
The response key for the KVPY Aptitude Test will be conducted on November 03, 2019, was issued by IISc Bangalore. The Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana Fellowship/Scholarship is a program launched by the Department of Science and Technology (DST) for the Indian government to encourage students to undertake their academic careers in science.
Applicants are selected on the basis of their success in the Aptitude Test and Interview. KVPY Fellows receive a monthly fellowship of Rs 5000 during the 1st – 3rd year of B.Sc, BS, B.Stat, B.Math, Integrated M.Sc, MS. See more details on KVPY 2019 on this page.
KVPY Answer Key has been released, Download KVPY Answer Key and Question Papers.
KVPY Scholarship Overview
Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) is a scholarship program initiated by the Department of Science and Technology (DST), which is currently run by the Indian Institute of Science (IISc). Those who have completed a written examination and interview with KVPY will be eligible for direct admission to leading institutes such as IISc and the various IISERs. Candidates can check the full schedule for KVPY 2019 from the table below.
|Exam||KVPY (Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana)|
|Conducting Authority||IISc, Bangalore (Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore)|
|Streams||SA, SB, and SX|
|KVPY Exam Centers||54 Cities across|
|KVPY 2019 Exam Date||November 3, 2019|
|Mode of Exam||Online i.e. Computer-based|
|Medium of Exam||English only|
|Number of Qualified candidates||SA-75, SB-66, SX-144|
KVPY Scholarship Dates
|Online application starts from||08 Jul 2019|
|Last date for closing of application form||20 Aug 2019|
|KVPY 2019 Last date for payment of fees||Sep 2019|
|Download the Admit card||2nd week of Oct 2019|
|Date of Aptitude test||03 Nov 2019|
|Date of Result||December 2019|
|Date of Interview||Jan – Feb 2020|
|Declaration of Final Result||To be announced|
Applicants will be eligible for a KVPY Fellowship on the basis of their performance in the aptitude test and interview. A scholarship will be awarded to the selected candidates by the authority. Here, we mention the details of the cash awarded to KVPY scholarship holders:
|Basic Sciences||Monthly Fellowship||Annual Contingency Grant|
|SA/SX/SB: from 1st to 3rd years of – B.S./B.Stat./B.Sc./B.Math./Integrated M.Sc./M.S.||Rs. 5000||Rs. 20000|
|SA/SX/SB: during M.Sc./4th to 5 years for Integrated M.Math./M.Stat/M.Sc./M.S.||Rs. 7000||Rs. 28000|
KVPY Scholarship Eligibility
KVPY Fellowships are given for Indian Nationals who are willing to study in India. It ensures that students planning to pursue graduate programs under the distance education/correspondence system of any institution are not eligible to apply.
KVPY Stream for Class 11th
Below are the eligibility requirements that students will comply with for applying to KVPY 2019:
- Students will meet the XI Norm (Science Subjects) during the academic year 2019-20.
- Students must have earned at least 75 percent (65 percent for SC/ST/PWD) total marks in mathematics and science subjects in the Class X Board test.
- Students selected under this stream will be considered only if they join the undergraduate course in basic sciences (BSc/BS/BStat/BMath/Integrated MSc/Integrated MS) in the academic year 2021-22 after securing a minimum of 60 percent (50 percent for SC/ST/PWD) overall marks in science subjects in the XII standard/(+2) Board of Examination.
- In the interim period of one year, they will be invited to the National Science Camp (Vijyoshi) and their travel and local hospitality expenses will be met by KVPY.
KVPY Stream for Class 12th
- Students should be enrolled in XII Standard/(+2) (Science Field) during the academic year 2019-20.
- They should aspire to join the BSc/BS/BStat/BMath/Integrated MSc/Integrated MSc/Session 2020–21 undergraduate program in basic sciences, i.e. Physics/Chemistry/Mathematics & Biology.
- They must have secured at least 75 percent (65 percent for SC/ST/PWD) total marks in mathematics and science subjects (Physics/Chemistry/Biology) in the X Standard Board Examination and at least 60 percent (50 percent for SC/ST/PWD) aggregate marks in mathematics and science subjects (Physics/Chemistry/Biology) in the XII Standard Board Examination.
- Students in their 2nd year of study at the Cambridge International Examination Board and wishing to join the UG program (see BSc/BS/BStat/BMath/Integrated MSc/Integrated MS) in the basic sciences, namely Chemistry, Physics, Maths and Biology that are in the academic year 2019-20, will be eligible to apply. These students must have secured at least 75 percent (65 percent for SC/ST/PWD) total marks in mathematics and science subjects (physics/chemistry/biology) in the X Standard Board of Examination. They must have earned 60 percent (50 percent for SC/ST/PWD) cumulative marks in mathematics and science subjects (Physics/Chemistry/Biology) in the XII Standard Board Examination prior to receiving the fellowship is granted.
KVPY Scholarship for SB for UG
- Students must be in the first year of the BSc/BS/BStat/BMath/Integrated MSc/Integrated MSc/Integrated MSc/Integrated MSc/Integrated MS during the academic year 2019–20. They must have secured a minimum of 60 percent (50 percent for SC/ST/PWD) of the aggregate in mathematics and science subjects (physics/chemistry/biology) in the XII Standard Board of Directors.
- In the first year of the final examination of BSc/BS/BMath/BStat/Integrated MSc/Integrated MS, 60 percent (50 percent for SC/ST/PWD) of the marks must have been secured before receiving the fellowship, if awarded.
KVPY Scholarship Application Form
Candidates can apply for an online application form to KVPY 2019. Specifications of the application form are given below.
- There is no other way to fill out the application form.
- Candidates may register for the KVPY examination on or after July 08, 2019.
- The last day for submitting the application form is 31 August 2019.
- Applicants will fill out their private and educational information, choose a test centre and submit photos, signatures and other credentials as appropriate.
- Applicants must read the instructions carefully before filling out the KVPY registration form.
- Keep printing the full application form for potential use.
KVPY Scholarship Application Fee
Applicants can submit the application fee via online (Credit Card/Debit Card/Net Banking) mode. The application fee is Rs. 1000 for the General Category/OBC & Rs. 500 for the SC/ST/PwD category.
KVPY Scholarship Admit Card
KVPY Admit Card 2019 was posted on the official website of IISc on 7 October 2019. Only those applicants who have successfully applied for the exam will be given the KVPY Admission Card. Applicants will cross-check the details listed above before accessing the file.
KVPY Scholarship Important Instructions
- Candidates have the option of selecting four choices from the list of KVPY 2019 Exam Centers at the time of completing the KVPY Application Form.
- The Exam Conducting Authority will allocate the Exam Center in order of preference chosen by candidates and availability of seats.
- Candidates appearing for KVPY 2019 should not forget to carry their KVPY Admission Card in the original as well as a photocopy while applying.
- Applicants must read all directions for the 2019 KVPY Exam Center on their Admission Card and follow the instructions to prevent any inconsistency that may cause problems.
- Applicants are not allowed to carry any electrical objects/gadgets or study materials inside the examination hall.
- If an applicant is discovered to have any content that is not approved, their permit will be cancelled on the spot.
- The officials of the Exam Center are also not responsible for the loss of any content outside the 2019 KVPY Exam Centre.
KVPY Scholarship Exam Pattern
KVPY Exam Pattern is as follows:
- Exam Mode: The exam will be performed digital (Computer Based Exam) mode.
- Time & Shift: KVPY 2019 is scheduled for 3 November in two phases, for SA streams from 9:00 AM to 12:30 PM and for SB/SX streams from 2 PM to 5 PM.
- Type of Question Paper: The query paper will be written in both English and Hindi languages.
- Question Type: This is a multiple-choice question type of paper. All questions must be tried in the SA stream. It is possible to attempt any three sections of Part I and any two sections of Part II of Stream SB/SX. Examination duration: the duration of the paper is three hours.
- Sections: The question paper will contain two sections: Part I and Part II, each with four sections.
- Total Marks: The paper will be made up of 100 marks.
KVPY Scholarship Marking Scheme
- In Part I for both the Streams, 1 mark will be given for the correct response whereas 0.25 marks will be deducted for an incorrect response.
- In Part II of Stream SA and Stream SB/SX, two marks will be given to candidates for each correct answer and 0.5 marks will be deducted for incorrect answers.
KVPY Scholarship Results 2019
A merit list is published category-wise for each stream for KVPY Result 2019. A provisional list of candidates for each stream is declared, and these candidates are recommended for the KVPY Fellowship Program provided that they meet the KVPY 2019 eligibility criteria The KVPY Final result is available in PDF format.
KVPY Scholarship Selection Process
Applicants will be called for a selection procedure based on their performance in the KVPY Aptitude Test. The selection process will include a round of interviews. The interview round will take place in the 3rd week of January 2020. Applicants will be informed about the interview dates, time & venue via email/website. After the successful completion of the admission test & interview portion, the scholarship will be given to successful candidates.
The KVPY Merit List is structured by evaluating the grades earned by the applicant in the Aptitude and Interview Tests. The assessment is based on 75% of the Aptitude test and 25% of the interview performance. Details on the Aptitude Test and Interview are given below:
- Candidates are evaluated on the rationale and analytical skills of the candidate.
- Applicants are required to obtain a total of 75% of the total weight.
- Applicants were needed to attempt any of the three parts of Part I and any two sections of Part II for the SB/SX flow only.
- A venue for the interview is allocated to the shortlisted candidates as per the KVPY Test Center assigned to them.
- The main purpose of the interview is to collect additional information on each finalist candidate with respect to their experience, qualifications, and aptitude, etc. in the field of science and study.
FAQ’s On KVPY Scholarship
How is it possible to apply for KVPY 2019?
You can only apply online on the official website of KVPY, i.e. kvpy.iisc.ernet.in
When is registration for KVPY 2019 going to start?
Online registration for KVPY 2019 began on 8 July 2019 and registrations until 31 August 2019 will be counted as effective registrations.
When will the results be declared for KVPY 2019?
The results will be announced in the first week of December 2019.
When is the interview round going to start?
The KVPY 2019 Interview Round will take place in the 3rd week of January 2020.
You can also find more Scholarship Articles for 12th passed, 10th passed Students and many more.