To Assemble The Components of a Given Electrical Circuit
To assemble the components of a given electrical circuit.
Apparatus and material
Apparatus: A voltmeter and an ammeter of appropriate range, a battery, a rheostat, one way key.
Material: An unknown resistance or resistance coil, connecting wires, a piece of sand paper.
- Connect the components (Resistors, inductors etc.) in series with each other as shown in diagram and then in series with the battery.
- Connect the ammeter in series with the circuit, to measure the current.
- Connect the voltmeter in parallel to the resistor, to measure the potential difference.
- Connect the switch in series with the battery.
- Assembly of the electrical components in electric circuit is complete.
It is used for measuring an unknown resistance (see Experiment 2 : Section A).