Teach for India Fellowship 2020-22: The Teach For India Fellowship scheme is an opportunity for India’s brightest and most hopeful youth, from the country’s best universities and workplaces, to work as full-time teachers to youngsters from low-income areas in some of the countries most under-resourced institutions. Teach for India Fellowship 2020-22 applications are now open. Teach for India Fellowship 2020 Last Date is 8th March.
Graduate, Post Graduate Students and Research Fellows can also find more Fellowship Articles to explore various fellowships across India to know the funding opportunities.
With this experience of teaching in classrooms and serving with key education stakeholders like students, principals and parents, our Fellows get presented to the grassroots certainties of India’s education system and start to develop the knowledge, skills, and mindsets required to achieve positions of leadership in education and recognize their role in making a wider movement for educational equality in the nation. Our Fellows change the life paths of children in their classroom, and in turn, mold themselves towards management in educational equity.
Teach for India Fellowship Important Dates
Below are the Round-wise application last dates and result dates for the 2020 Fellowship program. The application deadline is 10:00 PM on the specified date for each Round. The application result will be notified via email by end of day on the specified date for each Round.
|Rounds||Last to Apply||Results|
|1||25th August 2019||5th September 2019|
|2||20th October 2019||4th November 2019|
|3||15th December 2019||3rd January 2020|
|4||26th January 2020||5th February 2020|
|5||8th March 2020||18th March 2020|
Teach for India Fellowship Eligibility
- Minimum Qualification: Candidate must have completed all coursework required for his/her undergraduate degree (Bachelor’s degree equivalent) from an authorized college or university by the last week of May 2020. his/her degree records (graduate/postgraduate certificates) will be evaluated before an admission judgment can be taken. Candidates must also pass any coursework indicated in their transcripts at the time of the interview.
- Nationality: Candidate should be either
- an Indian citizen or
- a foreign national of Indian origin.
- Foreign citizens who are not of Indian origin are not eligible to apply.
- For more information on the OCI card, please go to the Ministry of Home Affairs. To apply for the OCI card, please go to the Online OCI Registration Form. We recommend applying for the OCI card as soon as the Candidate has made the decision to join the Fellowship, as it takes approximately 1-3 months to receive the card.
- Commitment & Location: The Fellowship is a full-time, paid commitment to teaching and living in one of our placement cities (Mumbai, Pune, Delhi, Chennai, Hyderabad, Ahmedabad, Bengaluru) starting May/June 2020. Fellows will be full-time staff members of the schools in which they are placed and will work stipulated school hours six days a week as well as attending training and support sessions as per city requirements.
- English Fluency: Candidate should be fluent in the English language as Teach For India Fellows will be placed in English-medium schools and will be expected to teach in and attend training sessions conducted in English.
- Teach for India Fellowship Age Limit: There is no age limit to apply for Teach For India Fellowship.
Teach for India Fellowship Amount
- Teach For India Fellows will be paid a salary of Rs. 20,412 per month.
- If needed to relocate from their home city, Fellows will be given a home allowance ranging from Rs.5,300 to 10,000, depending on the city in which they will stay.
- In addition, Fellows will get an allowance for school supplies.
Teach for India Fellowships Selection Procedure
The Teach For India Fellowship is a highly selective and coveted program, with a selectivity rate between 6% and 8.5%. Through the 3-staged process detailed below, we select the highest potential candidates for the program.
Stage – 1: Application form and Online Test
- The application is an opportunity for us to get to know you. It can be as detailed as Candidatewant it to be. Through his/her application we will understand why Candidatewant to join Teach For India and why Candidate would be a strong fit for the Fellowship program.
- Once the candidate submits his/her application, the next step is a 1-hour online test (AMCAT) which focuses on his/her situational judgment and English language ability. This must be completed within 4 days or 96 hours from the time Candidatesubmit his/her application form. his/her application will not be considered complete until Candidatecomplete the test.
Stage – 2: Phone Interview
After we have reviewed his/her application form and AMCAT test results, we may have some additional questions for you. If so, the Candidate will be invited to attend a 30-minute phone interview with one of our team members. Here we will ask follow-up questions to gain further information that will be helpful in our evaluation.
Stage – 3: Assesment Center
If successful in his/her application, the Candidate will be invited to the final stage of our selection process – an in-person Assessment Centre. Here, the Candidate will teach a 5-minute lesson, take part in a group discussion and complete a short problem-solving activity. The candidate will also have an hour-long personal interview with one of our staff members. If the Candidate is based abroad and cannot attend one of our in-person Assessment Centres, we will conduct his/her interview and relevant activities over Skype. The candidate will receive more details for this stage closer to the time.
About Teach for India Fellowship
- Teach For India Fellows employ two years, full-time, to giving their students the possibilities that can place them on a distinct life path. The Fellowship mission is one of teaching and learning, of operating for children while growing his/her leadership. Our Fellows are on a charge to close educational inequity for their children, and through this, they acquire a long-term responsibility to increase that influence as Alumni.
- Fellows operate on these responsibilities in and exceeding the full-time lab of their classroom, where they relentlessly concentrate on moving their students towards “path-changing” education, the greatest level of our Student Vision Scale.
- By developing in the 3 commitments and set with real-life management activities in the classrooms and societies, Fellows are willing to be enduring learners and leaders for a bigger impact on children.
- Education is necessary for an impartial society. An excellent education provides children and youth with the education, abilities, usefulness, and mindsets required to be enabled, individuals and accountable citizens.
- The evidence that high-quality learning has wide-ranging interests for individuals and communities has been explained, time and again, by nations across the world. Including nearly 1 in 4 people under the age of 14 years, India today persists at an emphasis point; where we move from here depends in great part on our capacity to give equal chances for all children to achieve an exceptional education.
- The fact is that today, more than 50% of students in Class 5 cannot read a Class 2 syllabus or answer a simple subtraction query. The fact is the socio-economic factors that a child is born into defines the kind of school he/she attends, the type of co-curricular possibilities that are available to him/her, the kind of life consequences he/she achieves as an adult, and the kind of possibilities he/she reaches on to his/her children.
- The fact is we are missing the majority of our children.
- The causes holding this common failure are many, diverse and complicated. Although, at Teach for India, we understand that at the heart of this disaster in education rests a crisis of leadership. There is a critical shortage of people at all levels of the education system who are devoted to working together to develop the capability and quality of our country’s schools.
- Teach For India subsists specifically to satisfy this deficiency of leadership in education.
Teach for India Fellowship Contact Details
Godrej One, 2nd Floor, Pirojshanagar,
Eastern Express Highway,
Vikhroli (East), Mumbai – 400079,
Telephone: +91 22 25194283/25194284,
Official Website: www.teachforindia.org
FAQ’s on Teach for India Fellowship 2020
What is Teach for India Fellowship?
Teach For India (TFI) is a non-profit organization that is a part of the Teach For All network. The Fellowship recruits college graduates and working professionals to serve as full-time teachers in low-income schools for two years.
How to apply for Teach for India Fellowship?
Visit https://apply.teachforindia.org/ to apply to the Fellowship.
Why should one join Teach for India?
Teach For India offers Candidatethe chance to make a real difference in tackling one of India’s most pressing challenges: educational inequity. By presenting a Candidate with one of the most difficult challenges of his/her life, the Fellowship will help Candidatedevelop leadership skills that are critical in today’s dynamic global work environment. The Fellowship Program gives Candidate an opportunity to become a part of the solution and a change agent in society.
Who are eligible to apply for the fellowship?
Teach For India is looking for potential Fellows who have exhibited academic proficiency, demonstrated leadership, strong organizational skills, hold a graduate degree and are inclined to make a commitment to the community. Students and professionals with a Bachelor’s Degree at the time of joining the Fellowship are invited to apply.