TANCET Counselling 2019-2020: TANCET stands for Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test. It is conducted by Anna University for admission to M.E. M.Tech, MBA, MCA, M.Arch and M.Plan courses. The score of TANCET is accepted by more than 400 government and non-government colleges of Tamil Nadu.
To be eligible for TANCET 2020 Counselling, you need to clear the entrance test (GATE qualifiers are exempted from the entrance examination and can directly appear for the counselling). You will be called for counselling based on your rank in the merit list. Read on to find out more.
TANCET 2020 Application Form has been released and online registration has been started from 7th January 2020
TANCET Result 2020 will be released in July 2020. Click here to Check TANCET Result 2020.
TANCET Counselling Overview
Take a look at the table below to get a brief overview of the TANCET counselling 2020.
|Mode of registration||Online|
|Mode of counselling||Offline|
|Counselling fee||Rs.300 (Rs.150 for SC / SCA / ST Candidates belonging to Tamil Nadu)|
|Mode of payment||Demand Draft|
|Eligibility for counselling||Qualified TANCET 2020 exam with good rank and score|
MBA – Passed a bachelor’s degree with at least 50 % (45% in case of candidates belonging to reserved category) marks in aggregate
MCA – Graduation with at least 50% (45% for reserved categories) marks in aggregate. Candidates must have studied Mathematics at 10+2 level
|Address||Government College of Technology (Auditorium), Thadagam Road, Coimbatore-13|
|Official website link||https://www.annauniv.edu/|
TANCET Counselling Important Dates
Below given are the important dates and deadlines pertaining to TANCET Counselling 2020. Note them down and plan accordingly to avoid any last-minute hassle.
|Declaration of TANCET 2020 Result||July 2020|
|Commencement of TANCET 2020 Counseling||July 2020|
|Last date to submit the filled application||July 2020|
|Commencement of Classes||August 2020|
How To Register for TANCET Counselling 2020?
There are two modes of application
- Online Mode
- Offline Mode
- You can get the application form for counselling from the issue center.
- You need to fill in the relevant details such as name, registration number, etc. Take care to avoid any errors/discrepancies as it would cause a problem later. Check the details once or twice before submitting the form.
- After filling the form, enclose the relevant documents and send it to the following address:
The Secretary, TANCET, Anna University, Chennai.
- Visit the official Anna University website (link is given above).
- Register using relevant details such as name and registration number.
- Take a print out of the form.
- Enclose the relevant documents and send it to the following address:
The Secretary, TANCET, Anna University, Chennai.
DD (Demand Draft)
Candidates need to pay a counseling fee. You can enclose it as a demand draft of ₹300 (unreserved categories) and ₹150 (SC/SCA/ST candidates of Tamil Nadu) drawn in favor of ‘The Secretary, TN MBA/MCA Admissions 2020, GCT’ payable at Coimbatore.
Documents Required for TANCET Registration
- Printed online application
- Marksheet of Class 12/ Diploma
- Marksheets of all semesters/ years of qualifying degree examinations
- Provisional/degree certificate
- Permanent community certificate card for BC, BCM, MBC & DNC, ST, SC and SCA
- Transfer Certificate
- TANCET 2020 marksheet
- TANCET 2020 hall ticket
- District Medical Board Certificate (for Differently abled Candidates only)
- Nativity Certificate only in electronic form / digitally signed e-certificate (If applicable)
- Sri Lankan Tamil Refugee certificate (If applicable)
You can download the counselling call letter from the official website. You need to log in using your credentials to view it. Take a print out of it and carry it with you during counselling. It will carry all the important information such as counselling venue and registration number.
TANCET Counselling Procedure 2020
- You will have to report on time to the counselling venue allotted to you. Note that your admission may be forfeited if you fail to turn up on time.
- You will be allowed to fill in your preferred order of colleges and courses.
- You will be allotted a seat based on your rank in the merit list and number of vacancies available.
- To secure the seat, you need to pay the admission fee
- ₹5300 for open candidates
- ₹1150 for SC/ST/SCA
- candidates of Tamil Nadu which includes the non-refundable amount of ₹300(₹150 for SC/ST/SCA) towards counselling fee.
Documents Required for TANCET Counselling 2020
You also need to take the following documents along with you for verification and admission procedure
- Application form
- TANCET 2020 scorecard
- TANCET hall ticket
- Class 10, 12 and Graduation degree mark sheets
- Provisional/degree certificate
- Permanent Community Card (except other (OC) candidates)
- Transfer certificate
- Category certificate (if applicable)
- Domicile certificate (if applicable)
- Certificate from District Medical Board for Differently Abled candidates (if applicable)
- Nativity Certificate (if required)
TANCET Counselling General Instructions
- If you are not satisfied with the seat allotted to you, you can attend the subsequent rounds of counselling.
- Candidates absent in the first or second phase of counselling will not be allowed to attend the subsequent stages of TANCET counselling 2020.
- Colleges allotted in the last round of counselling will be considered as final.
- Make sure that you reach the counselling venue an hour in advance.
- Change of date/time of counselling is not permissible. Authorities are not responsible for the postal delay or non-receipt of counseling intimation.
- Once a seat is allotted, the amount of 5,000/- for general or 1,000/- for SC/SCA/ST candidates already paid at the time of counselling will be adjusted towards the tuition fee to be paid to the respective allotted college.
- You are advised to post the completed application with all the enclosures well in advance so as to reach Anna University, Chennai-25 on or before the specified date and time. The application may be sent by Registered post or Speed post to avoid any delay.
- You have to pay the remaining fees in the college concerned at the time of admission on the date specified in the allotment order. No further correspondence will be entertained pertaining to Admissions.
The counselling procedure for TANCET 2020 is simple and straight-forward. You can register by filling the application form (downloaded from the official website or obtained from the issue center) and sending it to the secretary of Anna University, enclosing all the necessary documents. Note that a counseling fee is to be paid depending on your category.
You will be called for counselling based on your rank in the merit list. You will receive an online counselling call letter that you need to download and take a print out of. You need to report to the venue mentioned in it on time. Then, you will be allowed to fill in your preference order of colleges and courses. You will be allotted a seat based on merit and vacancies available. To confirm the seat, you need to pay the admission fee.
FAQ’s on TANCET Counselling
Can I change the date and time of TANCET counselling?
No, candidates are not allowed to change the date and time of TANCET counselling.
When should I reach the counselling venue?
Candidates must reach the counselling venue two hours before schedule.
Is it necessary to have a provisional certificate during TANCET counselling?
It is not necessary to have provisional certificates of class 10, 12 and degree during counselling but after joining the college you need to submit it within a week.
What if I cannot download TANCET counselling 2020 call letter?
The counselling call letter is released after the release of rank list.
Will I get colleges in my city during TANCET counselling?
It depends on the availability of seats in the college you have opted for during the counselling. You will get an idea of this after the announcement of the rank list.
Can I access my application after submission?
Yes, candidates can access their application after submission. They can do so by entering their TANCET number and password.
Did not receive email or SMS with login details, what to do?
If candidates did not receive their email or SMS, then they can click ‘forgot password’ link to get the password by providing the necessary details.
Do I need to submit different applications for MBA & MCA?
Yes, the candidates are required to register for MBA & MCA separately.
We hope that this article helped clear all your doubts regarding TANCET counselling 2020. Good luck!