To address problems in every sector, the Indian government is trying to use digital methods. Thus, recently the government of India launched an online learning portal known as SWAYAM. SWAYAM stands for study webs of active learning for young aspiring minds. It is an online learning portal that also provides the best learning experience for everyone. Candidates can apply for SWAYAM easily from their desktop. SWAYAM is a unique portal that provides free education to students who are interested. There are many courses available on the SWAYAM portal. The availability of the courses depends on the requirement, of course, the number of Institutes, and many other factors.
SWAYAM is a
- One-stop web and mobile-based interactive e-content for all courses from High School to University level.
- High-quality learning experience using multimedia on any time, anywhere basis.
- State of the art system that allows easy access, monitoring and certification.
- Peer group interaction and discussion forum to clarify doubts
- A hybrid model of delivery that adds to the quality of classroom teaching.
The main objective of launching the SWAYAM portal was to provide content of courses from secondary level courses to post-graduation level courses. These include all the disciplines and thereby making it available on the SWAYAM portal. Furthermore, the platform also conducts the online exam and awards the certificates to the learners for completing the course. There are also institutes that implement a choice based credit system through the SWAYAM portal. Thus, this portal is aimed at addressing the needs of learners and students that are studying in colleges and universities across the country.
SWAYAM 2019 Exam Overview
|Conducting body||National Testing Agency|
|Course offered||Class 9 to postgraduate|
|Language||English and Hindi|
SWAYAM 2019 Registration Dates
SWAYAM offers many courses for the students. Some of the courses in the portal are self-paced courses while other courses are scheduled courses. Students can register anytime for the self-paced courses. It is as per their convenience while scheduled courses are needed to be registered at least 60 days before that particular course starts. Also, students can check out the available scheduled courses on the SWAYAM portal. One such scheduled course is ARPIT which is an annual refresher program in teaching.
Annual Refresher Programme In Teaching (ARPIT) 2019, as part of Pandit Madan Mohan Malaviya National Mission on Teachers and Teaching (PMMMNMTT) was launched in 2018. The first round of training of higher education faculty was completed in March 2019 with the conduct of examination.
|17th May, 2019||Notification of New NRCs|
|20th May, 2019||Sharing of good Introductory video of ARPIT 2018 with new NRCs by AICTE|
|June – July 2019||Fund release|
|15th – 31st July, 2019||UGC Regional Offices to conduct meeting with colleges under them for dissemination of information of ARPIT 2019|
|20th July, 2019||Submission of Introductory video by NRC Course Coordinators to AICTE for approval|
|31st July, 2019||Introductory video uploading|
|1st August 2019||Registration Open for Higher education faculty|
|15th Aug.- 25th Aug.2019||Full Refresher course to be uploaded by NRC Course Coordinators|
|1st September 2019||ARPIT 2019 Course Launch|
|31st December, 2019||End date of ARPIT 2019|
|13th January 2020||ARPIT 2019 Registration for Examination|
|9th February 2020||ARPIT 2019 Examination (NTA)|
|13th February 2020||Declaration of result (NTA)|
|28th February 2020||Issuance of certificate(AICTE)|
SWAYAM Eligibility Criteria
There are no eligibility criteria for any learner specified under the SWAYAM portal. As the main objective of SWAYAM is to develop knowledge, skill, and education, every citizen of India can do it without any eligibility criteria. However, if a person wants to obtain the certificate then he/she needs to check for the eligibility requirements of that particular course in the portal.
How To Register on SWAYAM Portal?
- Go to the official website of SWAYAM which is swayam.gov.in.
- On the homepage, you will find a link to ‘register’ for the course.
- When you click on it, a login page will appear. Candidates can log in using any of their social media accounts like Google, Microsoft, or Facebook.
- There is another option of sign up now. On choosing this option, the page will appear that will ask for various details to open the account.
- Once the account is created, a verification link will be sent on the email ID. When you click on the link, a ‘create’ button will enter where you have to enter the names in the required fields.
SWAYAM Portal Fee
There is no fee involved in learning a course through the SWAYAM portal. All the courses that are available on SWAYAM, whether they are self-paced or scheduled are available for free. However, for candidates wanting to obtain the certificate after the courses are completed, there is a requirement of a specified fee. The amount of fee usually charged here is very low. Certificates will only be provided to students who have registered for the course and paid the fee and also completed the exam at the end.
SWAYAM Technical Requirements
SWAYAM is an online portal and thus there are some technical requirements that every student should have if he/she wishes to pursue a course from this portal.
- Students need to have an active internet connection to get the free online course content. Without the internet or even with a poor internet connection they will not be able to consume the online content.
- For the laptop, the system requirements are
- The operating system for the laptop should be Microsoft Windows, Linux, Android, Mac OS.
- Port 80 or port 1935 RTMP should be open.
- It can be viewed on browsers like internet explorer, firefox, chrome, Safari, and Opera.
SWAYAM – Evaluation, and Certification
Once the students have completed the course they have the option to appear for the course. Evaluation for the course is done by the host institute and the principal invigilator. Evaluation for the candidate is done based on the performance of the candidate in exam, practicals, assignments, and credit earned during the course. After the exam is conducted and the evaluation process is completed, marks are awarded to the candidate as per the evaluation scheme. The final grade or marks are communicated to the students within 4 weeks from the final exam is completed.
After the procedure for evaluation is completed, certificates are provided to the successful candidates. The certificate is provided by the principal invigilator and is sent to the parent Institute.
How To Check Exam Result on SWAYAM Portal?
The results for the candidates are declared on the portal after the exam is finished. The result is made available for everyone to download on the SWAYAM portal. Candidates just need to visit the portal and click on the link provided for the result on the homepage. Just enter the candidate ID and click on the view result button. The scorecard will appear on the screen and you can download it for any future purposes.
SCope of SWAYAM
The SWAYAM shall cover the following
- Curriculum based course contents covering diverse disciplines such as arts, science, commerce, performing arts, social sciences, and humanities, engineering, technology, law, medicine, agriculture, etc. in higher education domain (all courses to be certification-ready).
- School education (9-12 levels) modules; for teacher training as well as teaching and learning aids to learners to help them understand the subjects better and also to help them in better preparedness for competitive examinations for admissions to professional degree programs.
- Skill-based courses, which cover both post-higher secondary school skills that are presently the domain of polytechnics as well as industrial skills certified by the sector skill councils of various Ministries.
- Advanced curriculum and professional certification under a unified scheme in higher education domain that can be tailored to meet the demands of the Choice Based Credit System (CBCS) currently being implemented in India at the undergraduate level.
- Curricula and courses that can meet the needs of life-long learners.
- Independent courses which may not be part of any set curriculum and may be taught as awareness courses, continuing education program and for the training of specific skill sets.
SWAYAM Registration FAQ’s
Question 1: What are the type of courses available on SWAYAM?
Answer: SWAYAM provides all the courses from class 9 to postgraduate level.
Question 2: What is the fee for accessing a course on the SWAYAM portal?
Answer: There is no fee charged for viewing a course on SWAYAM. All the courses available on the portal are absolutely free of cost. However, if someone wants a certificate for a course, there is a small fee to be paid.
Question 3: How to verify an account on SWAYAM?
Answer: Once the candidate registers on the SWAYAM portal, a verification email will be sent on his/her email ID. Click on the link and the SWAYAM account will be verified.
Also Read: National Scholarship Portal