SRMJEEE or SRM Joint Engineering Entrance Exam is a national level exam conducted by SRM University for admissions into B.Tech courses. Tentatively, the SRMJEEE 2020 exams will be held from 1st to 30th April. There is a slight modification in the examination pattern this year. There will be two additional sections along with the usual sections, i.e, English and Aptitude along with Physics, Chemistry, Maths/Biology.
Read on to explore more about SRMJEEE, its registration, eligibility, and exam pattern.
The application forms are available on the official website and can be filled online as well as offline. The last date for offline form submission is 29th February while the online forms should be submitted latest by 30th March.
You can register on the official website in the following steps:
- Visit the official website.
- Verify the email address.
- Login with the id, password provided after registration.
- A self-attested photograph should be uploaded on the form.
- Fill the required details.
- The course and campus that you fill in the form can be changed during counseling.
- After registration, the application number is generated.
- Upload all the documents.
- Pay the application fee and take out the printout for the same.
- You can also download the application form and send a DD of Rs. 1100 to the following address.
Directorate of Admissions,
SRM Institute of Science and Technology,
Tamil Nadu – 603203
The application will not be processed if the DD is not received.
Offline Registration for SRMJEEE
- The application forms are available in a few post offices in your state in Rs. 1100. The list of post offices is given on the official website.
- Paste a self-attested photograph on the application form.
- The form should be filled in capital, English letters, with a black ballpoint pen only.
- The ovals can be filled using an HB pencil.
- The form should not be torn or tampered.
- You can also keep a copy of the form before sending.
The application fees of Rs. 1100 can be paid in the following ways:
- The fees can be paid online using a credit card, debit card or net banking.
- The form filled online can be downloaded and can be sent along with a DD of Rs. 1100.
- The form can be bought from the post office and the amount can be paid there.
SRMJEEE Admit Cards
The SRMEE admit card can be downloaded from the official website. The admit card is issued only after complete registration and submission of application forms before the due date.
The students can download the admit cards in the following steps:
- Login using the id and password provided at the time of registration.
- Download the copy and take a print out.
- The online slot booking process should be completed prior to the admit card issuance.
- In case of any mistake in the information provided in the admit card, the candidate should directly inform the Director of admissions.
SRMJEEE Online Slot Booking
SRMJEEE is an online entrance exam where the students need to book their exam slots. The slot booking starts in the first week of April. The one who comes first gets the desired slot. The students can book their exam slots by logging in to the website using the provided id and password. It is only after the slot booking process, the admit cards will be generated.
SRMJEEE Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria to appear for SRMJEEE should be as follows:
The candidate can be a:
- Resident Indian
- Non-Resident Indian
- PIO or OCI cardholder issued by the government of India
- Must be 16 years old as on 31st July of the year of appearing in 12th board examination.
- The upper age limit is 21 years.
- Should be appearing in 10+2 or had passed 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, Maths/Biology/Botany/Zoology/Biotechnology as the main subjects, from a recognized board.
- IB with diploma or an A-level in Chemistry, Physics, Maths/Biology/Botany/Zoology/Biotechnology.
- The candidates should have qualified the exams in not more than two attempts.
The candidates can also seek direct admissions in the University campus under the following provisions:
- The toppers of the central and state boards get direct admissions.
- Toppers in all the districts of Tamil Nadu.
- The candidates within top 10,000 ranks in IIT JEE.
- Sportsperson at National and International levels.
SRMJEEE Exam Pattern
The entrance test contains questions from three main subjects – Physics, Chemistry, Maths/Biology. This year additional two sections, English and aptitude has been added to the test. The total exam duration is 2 hours 30 minutes. There is no negative marking for the wrong answers.
Each question carries 1 mark each. Physics and Chemistry contains a total of 35 questions comprising 35 marks. Maths and Biology contains 40 questions of 1 mark each. The English and aptitude section is of 5 and 10 marks respectively. Thus the entire test carries 125 marks.
SRMJEEE Cut Off
The cut off of the examination depends on the following factors.
- Difficulty level of the examination
- Total number of applicants
- Number of seats available
- Combined performance of the candidates
- The usual cut off trends
- opening and closing ranks
The SRMJEEE results are announced in the last week of April. The candidates can witness the results on the official website or on the registered email id. They can log in to the result page using the id and password obtained during registration. The result contains the aggregate marks and the rank obtained in the merit list.
The counselling is processed by the SRM Joint Counselling Committee for all the four campuses of SRM University. Tentatively, counseling is conducted in the first and second week of May.
The candidates should carry all the counselling documents including the admit card, scorecard and counselling call letter to the counselling centre.
Only attending the counselling does not guarantee admission. The students need to submit all the required documents along with the fees to confirm their seat.
SRMJEEE is not an easy nut to crack. Therefore, the students are asked to go through the syllabus carefully while preparing for the exam. Also, the students should keep checking the official website for other relevant details and updates.
For further updates and information, visit the official website of SRM University.
Frequently Asked Questions
When will the SRMJEEE 2020 be conducted?
SRMJEEE 2020 has been postponed due to COVID-19. The extended dates will be announced soon.
Is there any negative marking for the wrong answers?
No, there is no negative marking for the wrong answers. One mark is awarded for every correct answer.
When was the SRMJEEE application form released?
The SRMJEEE application form was released on 12th November 2019.
Who all are eligible for SRMJEEE?
The candidates who have passed 12th or are appearing for it with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Maths, Biotechnology as the main subjects are eligible for SRMJEEE. Also the candidate should be 16-21 years old as on 31st July of the appearing year.