Sanskrit Scholarship 2019-2020: Sanskrit Scholarship proposed by the Government of India within Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan (Deemed University), intends to develop and propagate Sanskrit language and literature in the nation. The Sanskrit scholarship grants a monthly scholarship price of up to INR 1500 to students of Class 9 to 12, graduation, post-graduation and Ph.D. who are studying Sanskrit as a subject. Also, the amount of Sanskrit scholarships distributed among exemplary applicants depends upon the availability of funds.
Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan (Deemed University), New Delhi organized under the auspices of the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India welcomes on-line applications from the conventional students studying Sanskrit/Pali/Prakrit as a main or optional subject from any recognized Sanskrit Pathashala/Sanskrit Mahavidyalaya/ Sanskrit Vishwavidyalaya in Traditional Stream or School/College/University in Modern Stream persevering
- Purva-Madhyama (1st year)/9th standard
- PurvaMadhyama (2nd year)/10th standard
- Uttar-Madhyama/Prakshastri (1st year)/11th standard
- UttarMadhyama/Prakshastri (2nd year)/12th standard
- Shastri /B.A (1st/2nd/3rd year)
- Acharya/M.A (1st/2nd year)
or equivalent for the purpose of an award of merit Scholarship for the year 2019-2020 to its students under the scheme for Development of Sanskrit Education.
Sanskrit Scholarship Key Details
|Application period||September to November|
|Rewards||A scholarship amount of up to INR 1500 per month|
|Eligibility criteria||Class 9 to 12, UG, PG and Ph.D. students studying Sanskrit as a main or optional subject|
|Application process||Online application through the official website of Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan|
* The application date specified above is provisional and may change as per the choice of the scholarship provider.
Sanskrit Scholarship Dates
Initiated with the aim to encourage Sanskrit language and literature amongst Indian students, the application for Sanskrit scholarship is usually declared in the month of July or August every year through publication in public newspapers across the nation. Though, in the year 2018, the scholarship was running during the months of September to November. The closing date of the Sanskrit scholarship was in the 2nd week of November.
Sanskrit Scholarship Rewards
The scholars are selected for the Sanskrit scholarship based on merit. These chosen candidates become qualified to avail of monetary benefits under this scholarship scheme. Find below the complete details of the scholarship amount distributed among the selected applicants of this merit scholarship.
|Students of class 9 and 10||INR 250 per month for a period of 10 months|
|Students of class 11 and 12||INR 300 per month for a period of 10 months|
|Shastri/Graduation/B.A./B.A.(Hons.) or an equivalent course of three years duration||INR 400 per month for a period of 10 months|
|Acharya/M.A. in Sanskrit/Pali/Prakrit or equivalent postgraduation degree||INR 500 per month for a duration of 10 months|
|Vidyavaridhi/Ph.D. or equivalent||INR 1500 per month along with a contingency grant of INR 2000 per annum for two years|
Note: The Number of Scholarships to be awarded each year depends upon the availability of funds. The applications will be invited through advertisement which circulated in popular Newpapers in all India every year in between July to August month.
Sanskrit Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
In order to be qualified for the Sanskrit scholarship, the candidates must fulfill some specific eligibility criteria. One of the most crucial of these criteria is that the candidates must be regular students seeking Sanskrit/Pali/Prakrit as their main or optional subject from any known Sanskrit Pathashala/Sanskrit Mahavidyalaya/ Sanskrit Vishwavidyalaya in the traditional stream or School/College/University in the modern stream. Below are the complete details about the eligibility criteria of the Sanskrit scholarship that an applicant must fulfill to avail of scholarship benefits.
|Students of class 9 and 10 or Purva-Madhyama or equivalent studying Sanskrit/Pali/Prakrit as a paper of at least 100 marks||The applicants must have passed their last exam.
The candidates must have scored at least 60% marks overall and 60% in Sanskrit/Pali/Prakrit.
The applicants must have opted for Sanskrit/Pali/Prakrit in the current class.
|Students of class 11 and 12 or Uttar-Madhyama/Prakshastri or equivalent studying Sanskrit/Pali/Prakrit as a paper of at least 100 marks||The applicants must have passed the last exam.
The candidates must have scored at least 60% marks overall and 60% in Sanskrit/Pali/Prakrit.
The candidates must have opted for Sanskrit/Pali/Prakrit in the current class.
|Students pursuing graduation/Shastri or equivalent with Sanskrit/Pali/Prakrit as a subject of at least 100 marks||The applicants must have passed class 12/Intermediate with at least 60% overall marks and 60% in Sanskrit/Pali/Prakrit.
For B.A. 1st/2nd/3rd year, the candidates must have passed the previous 2 semesters or 1 year and have opted for Sanskrit/Pali/Prakrit in the current class.
|Students pursuing MA in Sanskrit/Pali/Prakrit or Acharya or equivalent postgraduate degree||The applicants must have passed graduation with at least 60% marks and 60% in Sanskrit/Pali/Prakrit.
The 2nd-year PG students must have passed the previous 2 semesters or 1 year with 60% marks and have opted for Sanskrit/Pali/Prakrit in the current class.
|Students studying Vidyavaridhi or Ph.D. in Sanskrit/Pali/Prakrit||The applicants must have passed PG or Acharya with at least 60% overall marks.
The candidates must have registered for the Ph.D. course before the advertisement of the Sanskrit scholarship.
Note: The Scholarship awarded to those students who have obtained the minimum percentage or equivalent grade in Sanskrit/Pali/Prakrit and aggregate in all subjects can be applied for Scholarship.
|General Category||60% marks|
|SC/ST/Differently abled||50% marks|
Sanskrit Scholarship Application Process
Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan grants applicants to apply online for the scholarship through their official website. Below are the steps that are necessary to apply for the scholarship.
- First, the applicants need to go to the home page of Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan and click on ‘Schemes’ where ‘Scholarship Scheme’ is listed. The applicants have to click on it to go to the scholarship page.
- Now, the applicants need to click on ‘On-line applications’ given as the second option. The candidates are directed to a new webpage where guidelines, registration of institutes, etc. are given.
- The candidates have to read the instruction thoroughly and make sure that their institutes are enrolled for the scholarship scheme.
- After getting assured that the details of the registered schools/colleges have been activated by Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan, the candidates can apply for this scholarship by filling all the necessary details.
- Finally, the candidates must upload the scanned copies of all the required documents and submit the application form.
Documents Required for Sanskrit Scholarship
There are some important documents/certificates that the applicants need to upload while filling the application form. So, the candidates must keep the scanned copies of all the required documents with them. Below is the list of necessary documents for this scholarship.
- Relevant mark sheet
- The first page of bank passbook (having details along with the candidate’s photograph) which must be in the name of the candidate
- Applicant’s Aadhaar card
- Caste certificate in case the applicant belongs to any reserved category
Sanskrit Scholarship Selection Procedure
- The Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan will award Scholarships on the recommendations of a Selection Committee constituted by the Sansthan for the purpose.
- The recommendation of the Selection Committee will be placed before GIAC for final approval.
- The merit would be prepared by taking into account the overall grade/percentage plus grade/percentage obtained in Sanskrit. However, for the student of Sanskrit honors or traditional stream students, the overall grade/percentage obtained in Sanskrit Honours/Traditional streams will be taken for consideration.
- The list of awardees will be prepared based on a cut off percentage of marks obtained by the students in their previous classes.
About Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan
The Government of India in pursuance of the recommendations of the Sanskrit Commission (1956-1957), established the Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan on 15th October 1970 as an autonomous organization for the purpose of implementing the policies and programs of the Central Government for the development, propagation, and promotion of Sanskrit.
The Ministry of Human Resource Development, Govt. of India has declared it as Deemed University on 7th May 2002 and the National Accreditation and Assessment Council (NAAC) has placed this university under the category ‘A’ which is the highest rank to be awarded to educational institutions by the NAAC.
The Sansthan implements various Central Government Schemes for the enrichment and dissemination of Sanskrit language and literature. Accordingly, The Govt. of India awards scholarships through Sansthan to meritorious students of Sanskrit related to constituent campuses and other institutions throughout the country.
The Sansthan also awards a merit scholarship on All India Basis to regular students pursuing higher course of studies in Sanskrit including Pali/Prakrit in any recognized traditional Pathashalas from Purvamadhyama to Uttarmadhyama/Prak-Shastri and the level of Shastri/Acharya/Vidya-Varidhi and Modern institutions from Secondary/Senior Secondary Schools (from 9th to 12th standard) and the levels of Graduation/Post Graduation/Ph.D.
Sanskrit Scholarship Contact Details
Address: Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan
Under the Ministry of Human Resource Development
56-57, Institutional Area, Janak Puri, New Delhi-110058
Phone: 91-11-28521994, 28524993,28524995
Fax : 91-11-28520976(Registrar) Gram: ‘SAMSTHAN’
Email: [email protected]
FAQ’s on Sanskrit Scholarship
When the online application will start for Sanskrit Scholarship?
- Online registration and profile updates for institutions start from 30th July 2019 and ends on 20th October 2019.
- Student application for the scholarship after activation of the relevant institute will start from 30th July 2019 and ends on 31st October 2019.
What are the rewards given under the Sanskrit scholarship scheme?
- Class 9 & 10: Rs. 2,500 (Rs. 250 p.m. for 10 Months)
- Class 11&12: Rs.3,000 (Rs. 300 p.m. for 10 Months)
- B.A./Shastri: Rs. 4,000 (Rs. 400 p.m. for 10 Months)
- M.A./Acharya: Rs.5,000 (Rs. 500 p.m. for 10 Months)
- Ph.D./Vidyavaridhi: Rs. 20,000 (Rs. 1500 p.m. for 12 months) + Rs. 2,000 as the contingency for 2 years
What is the minimum percentage required to apply for the Sanskrit scholarship?
- General – 60%
- SC / ST – 50%
- OBC – 55%
- Physically Handicapped – 50%
What documents are required to apply for the Sanskrit scholarship?
- Attested Mark sheet of the last qualifying examination.
- Caste certificate in case of SC/ST/OBC/Physically Handicapped issued by the competent authority.
- For Class 9-10 students, they must submit the hard copy of the scholarship application form duly countersigned by concerned District Education Officer.
- Scanned image of the first page of the passbook with all details visible.
- Scanned image of Aadhar Card.
You can also find more Scholarship Articles for 12th passed, 10th passed Students and many more.