Samsung Star Scholarship 2019-2020: A CSR initiative of the Samsung group, the Samsung Star Scholarship aims to provide meritorious students with the financial support needed to pursue their education. The scholarship is for the students of Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya (JNV) pursuing a technical degree from any of the IITs or NITs in India. Samsung Scholarship for JNV Students 2020 is provided for B.Tech or dual degree.
Samsung Star Scholarship also rewards scholars up to INR 2,00,000 to cover relevant expenses. Samsung Star Scholarship Result 2019 is 25th January 2020. Read on to explore the Samsung star scholarship announcement application process, eligibility criteria and more.
Samsung Star Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must ensure that they have fulfilled the following criteria to be deemed eligible for the scholarship.
- Candidates must have completed their class 12 from any of the JNVs.
- Must be enrolled in B.Tech or a dual degree (B.Tech + M.Tech) programs in either the IITs or NITs.
Samsung Star Scholarship Amount and Benefits
- Scholars will receive an amount of INR 2,00,000 per annum towards their tuition fees, mess charges, and hostel fees.
Samsung Star Scholarship Dates
- Forms are available (indicated below) for download from November 10, 2019
- Last date for submission for application and all related documents: December 10, 2019
Samsung Star Scholarship Application Procedure
Follow the following steps for Samsung star scholarship apply online
- Download the application form from the official website https://www.samsung.com/in/microsite/sapne-hue-bade/.
- Click here to download Samsung Star Scholarship Application Form.
- Fill in the prescribed details in either black or blue ink
- Scan and send an email copy to [email protected]
- Alternatively, send a hard copy of the application by post to this address:
SAMSUNG STAR SCHOLAR
Samsung India Electronics Pvt. Ltd.
Corporate Citizenship (CRO)
20th – 24th Floor, Two Horizon Centre,
Golf Course Road, Sector – 43, DLF Phase V,
Gurgaon, Haryana -122002, India.
Samsung Star Scholarship Selection Procedure
- Scholarship for first-year will be awarded based on the performance of the candidates in JEE Main (AIR – All India Rank)
- Scholarship for the second year will be based on the scholar’s academic performance.
- Candidates who manage to stay in the Top 50% in their class will be awarded the scholarship for the third year.
Documents Required for Samsung Star Scholarship for Freshers
- Self-attested copy of the candidate’s PAN Card
- Self-attested copy of address proof – either in the form of Aadhar Card, Election ID or Passport
- Self-attested copy of the candidate’s bank account
- Original copy of the annual fee receipt/ semester fee receipt
- Self-attested copy of final admission letter from the selected institute
- Self-attested copy of JEE Main ranking certificate
- Self-attested copy of Class 10th and 12th marks card
- Completed application form with a self-attested passport photograph
- A brief write up on a separate sheet, why you are a qualified candidate for a scholarship and how you will be impacted if chosen.
Documents Required for Samsung Star Scholarship for Renewal
- Completed Application Form, with a self-attested photograph. The Application Form has to be certified and signed by Dean Academics.
- Copy of mark sheets of the previously attended academic year.
- Receipt copy for admission/ first-semester fee deposited at Institute.
- Any additional supporting documentation as noted in the individual scholarship descriptions.
Samsung Star Scholarship Contact Number
Samsung Star Scholarship Helpline Number is 1800 40 7267864.
Email Id: [email protected]
Samsung Star Scholarship Important Information
- In order to protect the integrity of the program, rules have been clearly defined that bind all applicants and other participants of the Program. Applicants are requested to carefully read and understand them to ensure their eligibility.
- All documents including applicants form and supporting receipts/documents, must be attested and verified by the Institute’s Dean Academics. Only verified applications with all relevant documents will be accepted and considered eligible by the Selection Committee.
- Applicants must comply with all applicable enrolment and registration deadlines as published.
- Samsung will inform applicants on their selection through individuals emails post due to validation of the submitted documents.
- Meeting the minimum application requirements and scholarship criteria does not guarantee the scholarship. Samsung shall award scholarships at its sole discretion. All decisions of Samsung will be binding and final.
- Samsung reserves the absolute right to amend the Terms of the Program without giving any reasons or prior notice.
FAQ’s on Samsung Star Scholarship 2020
Where can I download the application for the Samsung Star Scholarship for JNV Students?
Students can download Samsung Star Application Form from the official website.
When is the application period starting?
To be announced. However, you can register at AplusTopper to get notified of the application start date.
Students can also find more Scholarship Articles for 12th passed, 10th passed Students and many more.