RTE Tamil Nadu Admission 2019: In the state of Tamil Nadu, the Directorate of Government Examinations will be responsible to conduct an admission procedure for the eligible applicants every year which will be known as RTE Tamil Nadu Admission 2019. The official authority has formed an act known as RTE Tamil Nadu admission 2019.
RTE – Right to free and compulsory Education was formed in the year 2009 in the month of April with an aim to reserve 25 percent of seats for the applicants who belong to the weaker section of the society. The RTE is established in all the state for the eligible applicants to provide free and compulsory education.
In order to appear for the RTE Tamil Nadu, Admission 2019 applicants need to fill and submit the application form which will be made available in online mode on the official website.
Any applicant can select up to five schools and if the number of applications exceeds seats available, then students will be shortlisted by drawing lots.
So far, more than one lakh candidates have applied for the 1.21 lakh RTE seats available in Tamil Nadu.
Apply soon to ensure that you don’t miss your seat. Read on to find out more.
RTE Tamil Nadu Admission 2019 Overview
|Official authority||Directorate of Government exams, Tamil Nadu|
|Application forms available from||22nd April 2019|
|Last day for submission of application forms||18th May 2019|
|Number of seats available||1.21 Lakhs|
RTE Tamil Nadu 2019 Application Form
|Online Application Starts||22 Apr 2019|
|Online Application Ends||18 May 2019|
- Click here to apply for RTE Tamilnadu 2019 admission.
- Click here to check the instructions for Students registration.
How To Apply for RTE Tamil Nadu Seats 2019?
You need to submit the application form via online mode on the official website. The form can also be filled offline. Follow the below steps to apply immediately
- Visit the official RTE Tamil Nadu website http://tnmatricschools.com/
- Log in.
- Click on “Start application”.
- Fill the form using the relevant details. Go through it once more to ensure that all the filled in details are correct.
- Attach all the necessary documents.
- Submit your form.
- Take a print out for future reference.
RTE Tamil Nadu Eligibility Criteria 2019
Before applying, you need to know if your child is eligible. Below given are the criteria for eligibility:
- The candidate should be a permanent resident of Tamil Nadu.
- The candidate should hold a valid domicile certificate of Tamil Nadu state.
- Age Criteria
- For L.K.G. Admission: Birthdate should be between 1/08/2015 and 08/08/2016
- For 1st Class Admission: Birthdate should be between 02/08/2013 and 01/08/2014
For more details, visit the official website. (Link is given above)
Important Documents for RTE TN Admission 2019
You need the following documents while filling the application form
- Photograph of the applicant (1400×1671 pixels, 1 MB file size)
- Birth certificate of the candidate
- Aadhar/Ration card of Parent/Guardian
- Income certificate (for candidates from financially weaker section)
- Community certificate (for candidates from a disadvantaged group)
- Certificate for proof of physical disability, if any
RTE Tamil Nadu Vacancy 2019
25 percent of seats are reserved under the RTE act. In total, there are 1.21 lakh seats available this year. To see a more detailed list of vacancies, go to the official site (link is given above) and click on “Show vacancies” link given at the bottom of the page.
If you have any queries, you can contact the concerned officials at
- E-mail: [email protected]
- EMIS helpline number: +91 – 44 28270169
- Address: State Project Directorate, Samagra Shiksha, DPI Campus, College Road, Nungambakkam, Chennai – 60006.
We hope that this article cleared all your doubts regarding RTE Tamil Nadu admissions 2019. The application process is very simple. You need to download the application form from the official website, fill in the necessary details and attach the relevant documents. Check out the “How to apply for RTE Tamil Nadu seats 2019?” section in the article above for more details. To check out the vacancies and other instructions, visit the official website (link is given above).