Prize Money Scholarship 2019-20: The social welfare department for the Karnataka government provides a scholarship in terms of prize money to SC/ST Group students to complete II PUC, 3 Years Polytechnic Diploma, Certificate, Agriculture, Technology, Veterinary, Medical, Other Postgraduate courses such as M.A., M.Sc., etc. The scholarship is provided by the Ministry of Social Welfare of the State of Karnataka. The main purpose of this award is to provide financial assistance for students in the SC/ST family. The Karnataka government has a lot of scholarships for state students. It will also avoid declining rates and help in supporting the schooling of underprivileged children.
Last Date for Submission of Application form is extended to December 15th, 2019.
How To Apply for a Prize Money Scholarship?
Only follow the basic steps to submit online for prize money scholarship.
- Step-1: Go to the official website https://sw.kar.nic.in/swprizemoney/Home.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2Fswprizemoney%2F
- Step-2: Click on the link that says “Digital Application (Passed out in 2019)”
- Step-3: You will see the page and you need to follow the below steps.
- Step-4: Type your Aadhaar number and name (as in Aadhaar) in the space provided for it.
- Step-5: Choose your gender (male/female/transgender)
- Step-6 Solve a simple addition for verification purposes only (i.e. 1+ 10=11)
- Step-7: Check/Tick the ‘Declaration’ box (I hereby submit to the Social Welfare Department)
- Step-8: At last, click the’ Proceed button.
Eligibility for Prize Money Scholarship
Students of Scheduled Castes who have passed PU and graduated in first class for the first time in 2019 can apply for prize money.
- The applicant must be a part of the SC/ST family.
- He/she will achieve a degree in the 1st attempt, in S.S.L.C./P.U.C./Degree/ P.G./Professional classes.
- He/she should be a student at a recognised university.
- There is no income limit for the deduction of prize money.
Documents Required for Prize Money Scholarship
- Aadhaar Card Benefit
- Caste Certification
- Latest Passport Size Picture (100 KB)
- Aadhaar associated bank details (Account Pass Book)
- Photo (20KB)
- Marks card
- Caste number starts with RD
Documents To Be Submitted in District Office
- Get a certified copy of the online registration from the university you research (E-Attestation Portal).
- Attach Xerox Caste Card Version Xerox Marks card for all semesters in the case of post-matrical prize money.
Prize Money Scholarship Rewards
|Prize Money (In INR)||Scholarship amount|
|II PUC, 3 Years Polytechnic Diploma||Rs. 20000.00|
|Any Post-Graduate courses like M.A., M.Sc., etc.||Rs. 30000.00|
|Agriculture, Engineering, Veterinary, Medicine||Rs. 35000.00|
Prize Money Scholarship Marks
|09.00 & Above||I Class with Distinction|
|08.00 to 08.99||I Class|
|06.00 to 07.99||II Class|
|Examination||Both External and Internal (50:50)|
|Medium of Instruction||English|
|System of Education||Semester|
Prize Money Scholarship Contact Information
Social welfare department
Commissionerate of Social Welfare Department
5th Floor, MS Building
Dr. Ambedkar Veedhi, Bengaluru- 560001
Email Id: [email protected]
Fax No. : 080-22353757
Helpline No: 08022634300
FAQ’s on Prize Money Scholarship
Why is the prize money scholarship offered to the students?
Prize money scholarship is offered to the students to complete II PUC, 3 Years Polytechnic Diploma, Certificate, Agriculture, Technology, Veterinary, Medical, Other Postgraduate courses such as M.A., M.Sc., etc.
Who provides the prize money scholarship for economically backward students?
The prize money scholarship for economically backward students is provided by the social welfare department for Karnataka government.
You can also find more Scholarship Articles for 12th passed, 10th passed Students and many more.