NTSE West Bengal 2019-20: Directorate of school education for West Bengal has released the notification for application form for NTSE West Bengal 2020 exam on wbsed.gov.in. Students that are currently studying in class 10 can now apply for the NTSE West Bengal exam. The last dates for submission of application form for the NTSE Exam are August 31, 2019.
The application for NTSE West Bengal will be considered complete when all the required documents along with a certificate from HOI is uploaded. Students will get the status of their application through SMS or e-mail. The students that are rejected will also get the chance to make corrections till 8th September 2019. The stage 1 exam for NTSE West Bengal will be conducted on 17th November 2019. Candidates that qualify the NTSE stage 1 exam will be called to appear in stage 2 of the NTSE exam. The result for NTSE West Bengal will be released in the form of PDF in March.
NTSE will hold a stage 2 exam on 10th May 2020. Students that have passed both the stages will get the scholarship amount. Read the article further to know the details about eligibility criteria, application form, result, answer key, etc.
NTSE West Bengal 2020 Overview
|Name of the examination||West Bengal State-Level National Talent Search Examination|
|Level of the exam||State/UT|
|Conducted by||Directorate of School Education, West Bengal|
|Official Website for NTSE||scholarships.wbsed.gov.in|
|State/UT Liaison Officer and Addresses||Dr. Syed Nurus Salam
Deputy Director of School Education Directorate of School Education Bikas Bhawan, 7thFloor East Block,
Salt Lake City
Kolkata – 700091 (West Bengal)
|Eligibility Criteria||For class 10 students.|
|Mode of examination||Pen and paper|
|Mode of Application||Online|
NTSE West Bengal 2019-20 Exam Important Dates
For qualifying, students must be aware of the important NTSE 2020 exam dates. Below is the time table for all the stage 1 NTSE West Bengal dates.
|Start of NTSE West Bengal Application||August 1, 2019|
|Application concludes||August 31, 2019|
|The last date to edit application||September 8, 2019|
|NTSE West Bengal 2020 Exam Date||November 17, 2019|
|NTSE West Bengal Stage 1 Result||The second week of March 2020|
|Release of NTSE 2 Admit Card||April 2020|
|Exam Date of NTSE Stage II||May 10, 2020|
|NTSE Stage 2 Result Date||September 2019|
NTSE West Bengal Eligibility Criteria
Students that are currently studying in class 10 from any school that is recognized under the WBBSE, ICSE, WBBME, CBSE board can apply for the stage 1 exam of West Bengal NTSE 2020. Students should also satisfy the given terms by filling the application:
- Students that have scored at least 50% marks for SC/ST/OBC it is 40% or more in class 9 are eligible to apply for NTSE West Bengal exam.
- For candidates belonging to the reserved category like SC, OBC, ST, and PH who has scored more than 40% marks are eligible to apply for this exam.
- Open or distance learning students are also eligible to apply for NTSE West Bengal exam.
- For these candidates, the age should not be more than 18 years.
NTSE West Bengal 2020 Exam Important Instructions
There are certain instructions that have been laid out by DGE, West Bengal which are:
For candidates belonging to OBC category reservation, they should meet the following conditions to get any reservation benefits:
- The caste or class of the candidate belonging should be listed under the central list for OBC by NCBC council for the backward classes.
- Only the candidates who’re application comes under the non-creamy layer income group will be able to get the reservation benefits. For creamy layer OBC candidates, the reservation will not be granted.
Exam districts: While filling the application form for the NTSE West Bengal exam, students should choose the educational district that they want to reside in. There are 2 educational districts that the student can choose from, these are the Barrackpore educational district that comprises of sub-divisions of Bidhannagar and Barrackpore. Also, it includes Siliguri educational district comprises only of Siliguri sub-division.
How To Apply for NTSE West Bengal Exam Online?
The application process for West Bengal NTSE exam 2020 has already started. Students can apply for this till 31st August 2019. For applying to NTSE West Bengal exam, candidates should follow these basic steps:
Step – 1: NTSE registration online
- Go to the official NTSE West Bengal website which is wbsed.gov.in.
- From the homepage, you will be redirected to the instruction page. Read all the instructions properly and then click on the proceed to the register button.
- You will ask for your email ID and mobile number as well as your personal details for the registration process. Fill all the details properly and then press on the register button.
- On the next window, you will get an option to download the registration details and then log in to fill the application form.
- Download the registration details and then click on the login button, you will be directed to the scholarship portal for DSE, West Bengal.
Step – 2: Login to fill the form
- Once you get on the scholarship portal of DSE, West Bengal, you will find an option to log in to your account by using the password and registration number during the registration process.
- After logging in, the candidate will be directed to the dashboard. On the top of this window, the candidate will find an option which is titled Application click on this and then click on the form fills up.
- The candidate will be required to upload a scanned copy of a recent passport-sized photograph. The image uploaded should be in ‘.jpg.’ format and the size should not exceed 200 kb.
Step – 3: Getting the application form verified and attested by the head of the Institution
- Download the application form from the official website along with the verification form that is to be filled by the school principal.
- Both the verification form and application form is required to be attested by the school principal or heaf of the Institution.
- Upload this attested certificate onto the registered ID that was created during the registration.
- Candidates that are applying under PH category are required to upload a scanned copy of their disability certificate along with a certificate by the competent central government or state government medical board.
- Candidates that belong to SC or ST category are required to submit their caste certificate scanned copies to the relevant authorities.
NTSE West Bengal Admit Card
After the roll numbers are alloted, admit cards related to stage 1 exam are sent to the exam superintendent. These admit cards are provided to students through schools in offline mode. Students can collect these NTSE admit cards one week before the NTSE stage 1 West Bengal exam. Hall ticket or admit card is mandatory for students to carry into the exam hall because without it no student will be allowed entry into the exam hall.
NTSE West Bengal Exam Syllabus
The exam conducting authority for NTSE West Bengal does not release any syllabus for NTSE West Bengal exam. However, based on the official notification, it can be suggested to refer to the class 9th and 10th syllabus for the state board to prepare for NTSE exam. Below is the table consisting of important topics:
|NTSE MAT Syllabus||Series – Missing Character, Averages, Speed, Distance & Time, Alphabet Test, Blood Relations, Direction Sense Test. Time & Work, Arithmetic Reasoning, Coding-Decoding.|
|Numbers & Time Sequence Test – Clock, Equation, Ratio, Proportion & Variation, Data Sufficiency, Calendar, Counting number of Figure, Input-Output, Logical Venn Diagram, Syllogism, Statement, Assumption & Conclusion|
|Puzzles – Data Interpretation, Number System, Figure Series, Paper Folding, Analogy & Classification, Mirror & Water Images, Figure Matrix, Unfolding, Cutting & Dot Situation,|
|Classification – Analogy, Profit, Loss & Discount, Simple and Compound Interest, Percentages, Alligations or Mixtures, Fundamental Principle of Counting; Data Inequality, Cubes, and Dice,|
|NTSE SAT Syllabus|
|NTSE Science Syllabus||Physics – Current Electricity, Motion, Light, Reflection & Refraction Sources of Energy, Magnetic Effects of Current, Work & Energy, Fluid, Waves & Sound, Gravitation, Laws of motion|
|Chemistry – Chemical Reactions & Equations, Base & Salts, Metals & Non-Metals, Acids, Carbon & It’s Compound, Periodic properties, Atoms & Molecules, and Mole Concept,|
|Biology – Nutrition, Excretion, Cell & Tissue, Transportation, Control & Coordination, Food Resources, Natural Resources, Respiration, Reproduction in Plants and Animals, Heredity and Evolution, Diseases|
|NTSE Maths Syllabus||Number System, Real Numbers, Factor & Remainder Theorem, Surds, Indices & Exponents, Polynomials, Triangles, Area of Parallelograms and Triangles, Heron’s Formula, Quadrilaterals, Linear Equations in Two Variables, Arithmetic Progression, Trigonometry, Circles, Areas related to Circles, Quadratic Equations, Surface Area and Volume, Probability, Statistics|
|NTSE Social Sciences Syllabus||History – The French Revolution, Nazism and the Rise of Hitler, Society and Colonialism, Russian Revolution, Age of Industrialization, Print Culture and the Modern World, The Making of the Global World, Novels, Natural Vegetation, Water Resource, Society and History, Resources and Development, Pastoralists in the Modern World, Clothing, The Story of Cricket, Work, Life and Leisure,|
|Geography and Political Science – India, Physical Features of India, Drainage, Political Science, Size and Location, Democracy, Water Resources, Climate, Mineral, and Energy Resources; Resources and Development, Population, Manufacturing Industries, Natural Vegetation, Agriculture|
|Economics – Story of Village Palampur, Poverty, Money and Credit, Consumer Rights, People as Resource, Development, Sectors of the Indian Economy, Food Security, Globalization and the Indian Economy|
NTSE West Bengal Exam Pattern
The exam pattern given below consists of the number of questions asked, test duration, type of questions, and more.
|Section||Type of Questions||Number of questions||Time Duration|
|Mental Ability Test (MAT)||Multiple choices, Objective type.||100||120 minutes.|
|Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT)||Multiple choices, Objective type.||100 questions worth 1 mark each.
Science – 40
Mathematics – 20
Social Science – 40
NTSE West Bengal Answer Key and Result
SCERT, West Bengal has decided to declare the stage 1 result by the end of February 2020. NTSE West Bengal result will be released for students through online mode on their official website. Students can download the merit list of the students that are shortlisted for the stage 2 exam. This list mentions the name, father’s name, roll number, and the school for the students that are shortlisted.
SCERT releases the cutoff marks every year for stage 1 exam during the last week of February 2020. There are minimum marks that need to be achieved to get selected for the next stage exam.
NTSE West Bengal Previous Year’s Cutoff
NTSE West Bengal Scholarship Amount
Under the NTSE program, approximately 2000 students are selected for the scholarship. This scholarship is distributed every year by the national organizing body. Students that are selected through NTSE West Bengal stage 1 are selected for stage 2 exam.
|Education level||Scholarship Amount|
|Classes 11th to 12th||Rs. 1,250 per month|
|Undergraduate||Rs. 2,000 per month|
|Post-graduate||Rs. 2,000 per month|
|Ph.D.||As per UGC norms.|
NTSE West Bengal Reservation Criteria
NTSE West Bengal is given 53% of reservation for 2000 scholarship offered by the NTSE. Below is the reservation percentage for SC, PH, and ST category students: