NTSE Uttarakhand 2019-20: SCERT for Uttarakhand has released the official notification for NTSE application form on their official website which is scert.uk.gov.in. NTSE Uttarakhand exam for stage 1 will be conducted on November 3, 2019, for 10th class students. The eligibility criteria are that students should be a permanent resident of Uttarakhand. For applying, students have to download the NTSE Uttarakhand application form online or submit the form till September 4, 2019. Candidates also have to pay the application fee of Rs. 200 while SC, ST, PH, the fees are Rs. 100 to the school authorities along with the NTSE Uttarakhand application form. The admit card will be given to the students by school authorities only. Candidates that qualify the NTSE Uttarakhand stage 1 exam is eligible for stage 2 exam.
National talent search exam also is known as NTSE is a scholarship program that is conducted annually is 2 stages which are stage 1 and stage 2. NTSE stage 2 exam is conducted after the selection through stage 1 exam. So, students that qualify the NTSE exam will succeed for the final stage of NTSE 2020 exam. Ncert will be conducting the stage 2 exam on 10th May 2020.
NTSE Uttarakhand 2019-20 Exam Overview
|Exam Name||National Talent Search Examination, Uttarkhand|
|Level of the exam||State/ UT|
|Conducting Body||SCERT – State Council of Educational Research and Training, Uttarakhand|
|Eligibility Criteria||Studying in class 10|
|Medium of Exam||English or Hindi|
|Examination mode||Pen and paper (Offline)|
|Mode of Application||Online/Offline|
|Frequency of Exam||Annual|
NTSE Uttarakhand 2019-20 Important Dates
|Application start||August 13, 2019|
|Application conclude||September 4, 2019|
|Admit Card Released||The third week of October 2019|
|NTSE Uttarakhand Exam Stage 1||November 3, 2019|
|NTSE Uttarakhand Result 2020||The third week of March 2020|
|Stage II Admit Card Release||April 2020|
|NTSE Stage-II Exam||May 10, 2020|
|NTSE Stage 2 Result||September 2020|
NTSE Uttarakhand Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria include the marks required, age, and other parameters. Before applying for NTSE Uttarakhand exam it is important that candidates ensure that they meet the NTSE 2020 eligibility criteria.
- For class 9 students a minimum of 60% is required for students of general category while for SC, ST, and PH category minimum qualifying marks is 55%.
- Candidates pursuing class 10 in the current year are eligible for this exam.
- Candidates should have studied in private, government, or government-recognized schools in Uttarakhand.
- Candidates opting for open distance learning is eligible to apply for the exam but their ace should not be above 18 years.
- Students applying should be of Indian nationality.
NTSE Uttarakhand Application Form
Students applying for the NTSE Uttarakhand exam can apply through online as well as offline mode. The NTSE Uttrakhand exam application form can be downloaded in PDF format through the official SCERT website or can be obtained from the respective schools. Below are the steps one should follow for filling the application form.
- Go to the SCERT Uttarakhand official website which scert.uk.gov.in
- Download and take a printout of the NTSE Uttarakhand application form along with the admit card.
- Enter all the required credentials in the forms.
- The two passports sized colored photos should be attached along with the forms.
- Both the photographs should be attested by the head of the Institution or school principal.
- Submit these forms to the head of school along with the fee receipts.
Required Documents for NTSE Uttarakhand
For OBC Candidates the required documents are other backward class applicants should send a copy of their caste certificate and attach it with the application. But the reservation of the candidates will be applicable only if below-mentioned criteria are met:
- One must locate as well as identify the community or caste in the central list of OBCs by NCBC of the backward class.
- Only noncreamy layer students will get to avail of the reservation. So OBC candidates whose certificates mention the creamy layer will not get the reservation benefits.
For SC or ST category students a copy of the caste certificate, category, reservation, and disability certificates are required. The students that fail to do this must be categorized under the general category students.
NTSE Uttarakhand Exam Pattern
The exam will be a mix of mental ability test as well as scholastic ability test. For the exam, language comprehension will not be a part of the exam. Both of these tests will have a total of 100 questions each and thus there are a total of 200 questions. There is no negative marking for this exam and every question will be of 1 mark each.
For detailed information, below is the table given below:
|Name of Exam||Number of Questions||Question Type||Duration|
|MAT||100 questions for 1 mark each||Multiple choice questions, Objective type.||120 Minutes.|
|SAT||100 questions for 1 mark each.
Science – 40
Mathematics – 20
Social Science – 40
|Multiple choice questions, Objective type||120 Minutes|
How To Prepare for NTSE Uttarakhand Exam?
NTSE Uttarakhand 2020 students are shortlisted on the basis of rigorous tests like SAT and MAT. To crack these exams a candidate should have logical reasoning and good analytical skills. Students should go through the syllabus thoroughly and start the preparation accordingly. Students should follow the steps given below for NTSE Uttarakhand 2019-20 preparation and score good marks.
- Cover all the subjects that are required for the exam. For this, students should refer the best books for preparing the NTSE Uttarakhand 2020 exam.
- Make a regular study schedule and follow it rigorously.
- For solving difficult questions, take help from friends or teachers.
- In order to have a better understanding of the types of questions asked in the exam candidates should practice the NTSE Uttarakhand mock papers.
- Revise more and more numbers of reasoning as well as aptitude questions.
NTSE Uttarakhand Answer Key and Result
The result for the main exam will contain the overall scores of the candidate as well as the MAT and SAT section. Along with the result, the council will release the cutoff and merit lists for each state. The candidates that are shortlisted can sit for the NTSE stage 2 exam. The NTSE stage 1 exam result will be announced in September. There are a total of 2000 students that will be selected and awarded the scholarship.
Candidates that are appearing for the Uttarakhand 2020 exam can check the official answer key on the official website. The answer key will have all the answers to the questions asked in the main exam. Candidates can use this key to calculate the scores for NTSE Uttarakhand 2020 exam.
NTSE Uttarakhand Scholarship Amount
Under the NTSE program, approximately 2000 students are selected for the scholarship. This scholarship is distributed every year by the national organizing body. Students that are selected through NTSE Uttarakhand stage 1 are selected for stage 2 exam.
|Education level||Scholarship Amount|
|Classes 11th to 12th||Rs. 1,250 per month|
|Undergraduate||Rs. 2,000 per month|
|Post-graduate||Rs. 2,000 per month|
|Ph.D.||As per UGC norms.|
FAQ’s on NTSE Uttarakhand
What is the deadline for the NTSE Uttarakhand application form 2019?
Students have to download the NTSE Uttarakhand application form online or submit the form till September 4, 2019.
What is the application fee for students for NTSE Uttarakhand 2019 exam?
Candidates also have to pay the application fee of Rs. 200 while SC, ST, PH, the fees are Rs. 100 to the school authorities.
How many questions will be there in the NTSE Uttarakhand stage 1 exam (MAT and SAT)?
Both of these tests will have a total of 100 questions each and thus there are a total of 200 questions.