NTSE Tamil Nadu 2019-20: National Talent Search Examination is conducted every year for Class X students by NCERT. NTSE Exam 2019 is conducted in two tiers, Stage-I (State Level) and Stage-II (National Level). In Tamil Nadu, the examination will be held on November 3, 2019. The national level NTSE examination will be held on May 10, 2020. The last date to apply is yet to be notified.
The notification regarding the examination date has been released on the official website of NCERT. Candidates can download the admit card and answer key from the official website after the release of official notification. Check the previous year cut off for NTSE 2019-20.
NTSE Tamil Nadu Stage I examination is declared by the state at dge.tn.gov.in. It is a scholarship examination for students of Class X. The qualifying examination for General/OBC & EWS category is 40% in both the papers and for SC/ST/PH candidates, its 32% marks. The candidates who qualifying Stage I examination can appear for Stage-II examination. The final result for NTSE 2019-20 will be declared in the month of August 2020. Syllabus and previous year question papers are available at the official website which can be useful for candidates for the purpose of preparation.
NTSE Tamil Nadu Important Dates
|NTSE Exam Event||Date|
|Last date to Apply||07 September 2019|
|Stage I examination date||November 3, 2019|
|Stage II examination date||May 10, 2020|
Note: After the examination, candidates can download the admit card, answer key and cut off as per schedule at the official website.
NTSE 2019 Tamil Nadu Application Form
- Candidates studying in class X can apply from the school they are studying in.
- Students who are willing to appear for the examination need to collect the application form and fill it completely with correct details.
- Application fee of INR 3 to be submitted along with the application form.
- The school must send the filled-in application form to the following address:
Ms. D. Vasundra Devi, Director
Directorate of Govt. Examinations, College Road
Nungambakkam, Chennai, Tamil Nadu – 600006
NTSE Tamil Nadu Question Paper Pattern
The examination is divided into two tiers/stages, Stage I (State-Level) and Stage II (National-Level)
Both the stages will comprise of two sections in the examination: Mental Ability Test (MAT) and Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT)
|Paper-I||Mental Ability Test (MAT)||100||100||120 minutes|
|Paper-II||Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT)||100||100||120 minutes|
- There is no negative marking in the Stage I examination. Each correct answer carries 1 mark.
- In Stage I exam, SAT and MAT carry questions in MCQ format with four options.
- The paper also includes Language Comprehension Test (LCT) which is for qualifying purposes only. The marks obtained in LCT will not be added to the final score.
- Stage II examination carries negative marking.
- MAT section includes questions related to logical reasoning skills, a spatial orientation that is based on series, problem-solving, patterns, etc.
- SAT section includes questions from Mathematics, Social Science, Science, etc. to evaluate the knowledge of the student.
NTSE Tamil Nadu Admit Card
NTSE Tamil Nadu Admit Card will be issued online. Students need to download it by entering the User ID and password. Without NTSE Admit Card students can not allow the exam. NTSE Admission letter contains all the information about the venue, roll number, date and time of the test.
NTSE Tamil Nadu 2019 Answer Key
The answer key for Tamil Nadu NTSE 2019 will be available at the official website once the exam is over. It helps the candidates to check their answers and to calculate their scores. Candidates are requested to check the website regularly for the official notification for the same.
NTSE Tamil Nadu Result
Candidates can check the result at the official website by clicking on the Results tab. Enter the required information and submit. Candidates can also download the result in form of the pdf file.
The following information will be available on the result page
- School Name
- Candidate’s Name
- Candidate’s Roll Number
- Marks scored in MAT, SAT & LCT
- Candidate’s category, gender
- Rank Secured
- Total Marks
NTSE Tamil Nadu Cutoff
The cut-off scores will be available at the official website of Tamil Nadu NTSE as per the schedule. Cut off are the minimum scores required to qualify for the Stage II examination. The cut off scores are decided on the basis of exam difficulty, regulation of conducting a body of the examination, previous year cut off, and a number of candidates appearing.
Cut off for NTSE Tamil Nadu 2018 is as follows
NTSE Scholarship Amount
NTSE has offered Scholarship amount to the students. Students who have qualified NTSE Tamil Nadu will be granted a scholarship amount for three years. NTSE Scholarship amount is as follows:
- Class XI to XII: Rs. 1,250/- per month.
- Undergraduates and Postgraduates Course: Rs. 2,000/- per month.
- Amount of Scholarship for Ph.D.: As per the amount fixed on the basis of UGC norms.