NTSE Punjab 2019-20: State Council of Educational Research and Training (SCERT) will conduct the NTSE Punjab. The NTSE Punjab will be held on 3rd November 2019. The Punjab application process will start in the last week of August 2019. Class 10th students can apply for NTSE Punjab through their schools till the last week of September 2019. NTSE Punjab admits card will be released online in the third week of October 2019. Students preparing for NTSE Punjab can also find the study materials, test papers and mock test papers provided by SCERT.
The NTSE Exam Stage 1 qualified candidates will only be eligible to attend the stage 2 exam conducted by NCERT. Finally, shortlisted ones will be awarded scholarships till the Ph.D. level of their academics. The talented students will get financial assistance from the scholarship sponsored by NCERT. Students should read the article below to get information about NTSE Punjab 2019-20. Information including dates, eligibility, application, admit card, answer key and question pattern, etc.
NTSE Punjab Important Dates
|Start Date of Application||September 10, 2019|
|Last Date of Application||October 10, 2019|
|Admit Card for Stage 1||October 15, 2019|
|NTSE Punjab Mock Test and Answer Key||November 30, 2019|
|NTSE Punjab Stage 1||November 3, 2019|
|NTSE Punjab Answer Key||November 7, 2019|
|NTSE Punjab Result & Cut-off Scores||Last Week of January 2020|
|NTSE Admit Card for Stage 2||April 2020|
|NTSE Stage 2||May 10, 2020|
|NTSE Stage 2 Result||September 2020|
NTSE Punjab Eligibility Criteria
Refer to the below eligibility conditions to appear for the NTSE Punjab 2019-20.
- Students studying in Navodaya Vidyalaya, Kendriya Vidyalaya or PSEB affiliated school are eligible.
- Class 10th regular students of Punjab who are studying in the academic year of 2019-20.
- General category students who have scored at least 70% marks in Class 9th can apply for the exam.
- Reserved category students who have scored at least 55% marks in Class 9th can apply for the exam.
- Students who are employed or getting a scholarship from any other source are not eligible for this year.
- Students from open schooling or distance learning within the age limit are eligible.
- NMMS scholarship holders are also eligible to apply for NTSE Punjab.
NTSE Punjab 2019 Online Application Form
The application form for NTSE Punjab will be released online by SCERT. Students can submit the application starting from the last week of August till the last week of September 2019. Students can apply for NTSE Punjab through their schools on the official portal of the education department. The below-mentioned information indicates how to apply for NTSE Punjab 2019-20.
- The school authority has to visit the official website epunjabschool.gov.in and login with their credentials.
- Click on the new NTSE application form that appeared on the Dashboard of the portal.
- Make sure to fill all the required information correctly to avoid rejection of the form by SCERT.
- Students must attach their passport size photo with signature and photocopies of 9th class mark sheets.
- Students also upload the photocopies of caste certificates, and disability certificates if required.
- Submit the application along with the attached documents to the state liaison officer. Check ITI Punjab Admissions
NTSE Punjab Application Fee
Applicants no need to pay any application fee to appear for the NTSE Punjab Stage 1.
NTSE Punjab Admit Card
- The admit card will be released online on the official website epunjabschool.gov.in by SCERT.
- The admit card can only be downloaded using the school login credentials.
- Students can collect the admit card from the schools in the third week of October 2019.
- Admit card contains the student and exam center information.
- Students must bring the admit card while going to attend the exam.
- Without the admit card students will not be allowed to sit in the exam.
NTSE Punjab Question Pattern
Students must know the NTSE Punjab exam pattern while preparing for the exam. The NTSE Punjab contains two papers i.e, the Mental Ability Test (MAT) and Scholastic Ability Test (SAT). Refer to the table below to know the exam pattern for NTSE Punjab Stage 1.
|Papers||Number of questions||Time|
|Mental Ability Test (MAT)||100||120 minutes|
|Scholastic Ability Test (SAT)
- There will be given 1 mark for each right answer whereas no negative marking for wrong answers.
- MAT questions test the candidates thinking abilities, problem-solving and reasoning skills.
- SAT questions test the candidate’s knowledge on each subject of their academics.
- A total of 200 questions will be asked in MAT and SAT with a duration of 240 minutes.
- Students can expect the questions asked in the exam will be from the class 9th and 10th syllabus.
NTSE Punjab Stage 1 Mock Test
- NTSE Punjab Stage 1 also conducts mock tests to help students in preparing well for the exam.
- The mock test papers can be downloaded from the official website to practice before the exam.
- The answer key will be released by SCERT immediately on the next day. Download the answer key and compare it with the solved ones to determine the performance.
- Students can also download the previous year’s mock test papers to practice for the exam.
- In this way, students can determine their level of preparation and can do some workaround to improve their performance.
NTSE Punjab Answer Key
The official answer key will be published online by SCERT in the first week of December 2019. Candidates can also check the answer keys in some coaching institutes websites after the exam. It helps the candidates to estimate their probable scores before the result declaration and start preparing for stage 2. Candidates can also compare their answers with the answer keys and determine their performance in NTSE Punjab. Using answer keys candidates can find out the correct answers to all the questions asked in MAT and SAT. The following points are given to check the NTSE Punjab answer keys:
- Visit the official website ssapunjab.org to download the answer key.
- Students can compare their answers with the ones available in the answer keys to calculate the scores.
- Students must remember the exam pattern and cut-off scores while calculating the marks.
NTSE Punjab Exam Result
NTSE Punjab result will be declared along with the cut-off by SCERT. The result will be released on the official website in the last week of January 2020. The exam results can be downloaded in pdf format. It contains the details of all the shortlisted candidates who appeared in the exam. The exam results will be released as a merit list which includes whole information of the shortlisted candidates. The merit list contains the names of those candidates who are eligible for the NTSE stage 2 to be held on May 10, 2019. Refer to the steps below to know the NTSE Punjab exam results:
- Visit the official website www.ssapunjab.org.
- Click on the SCERT circular and download the pdf file of results.
- Check the roll number in the downloaded pdf file.
- The resulting file consists of the details of the selected candidates for the stage 2 exam.
- Take a photocopy of the result and keep it safely for future purposes.
Details Mentioned on NTSE Punjab Exam Result
Punjab candidates can check the merit list on the official website of SCERT. The NTSE Punjab merit list contains the below-mentioned information.
- Candidates Roll Number, School, and Name
- Marks obtained in MAT, SAT and Total scores of the candidate
- Gender, Category, Date of Birth and Disability Status of the candidate
NTSE Punjab Stage 1 Cut-Off
The cut-off score is the minimum score must be required to get selected for the stage 2 exam. Punjab cut-off will be declared along with the result by SCERT. The NTSE Punjab cut-off will be released in the last week of January 2020. Students can check the previous year’s cut-off scores and get an idea of this year’s cut-off. The NTSE Punjab cut-off is published for all category candidates depending on various factors as given below:
- Total number of candidates belongs to each category
- Highest marks obtained by the candidate in the exam
- Minimum marks obtained by the candidate in the exam
- The exam difficulty level
- Previous year’s cut-off
The NTSE Punjab cut-off is different for different categories. Refer to the table below to find the previous year’s cut-off for NTSE Punjab.
|Category||Previous Year’s Cut-Off|
Candidates can check the qualifying cut-off for NTSE Punjab category candidates
NTSE Punjab Reservation Criteria
The reservation criteria for scholarships to all the states/UTs have been determined by NCERT. A total of 183 scholarships are reserved for Punjab state. Based on the below reservation percentages students will be selected by SCERT.
NTSE Punjab Syllabus Stage 1
SCERT, Punjab has not specified any syllabus for the stage 1 exam. However, Punjab candidates can practice and expect the questions from the class 9th and 10th syllabus. Refer to the table below to know the important topics for NTSE Punjab.
|SAT||Math||Linear Equation, Quadratic Equation, Arithmetic Progression, Algebraic Expression, Basic Geometry, Coordinate Geometry, Surface Area & Volume, Probability, and Statistics, etc.|
|Science||Food Production & Management, Source of Energy, Air, Carbon & its Components, Motion & Force, Acid, Bases and Salt, Human Body, Fibers & Plastics, Magnetism and Electricity, etc.|
|Social Sciences||Indian Constitution, New Empires and Kingdoms, Natural Vegetation and Solar System, Democracy & Elections, Buddhism, Jainism, The Mughal Empire, Delhi Sultanate, Atmosphere, The Judiciary, Map & Globe, Map and Globes, Motion of the Earth, Democracy, etc.|
|MAT||Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning||Word Problems, Coding-Decoding, Logical Venn Diagrams, Arithmetical Reasoning, Analytic Reasoning, Alphabet Test, Time & Clock, Mirror and Water Images, Blood Relations, Classification, Analogy, Folding/Cutting Paper, etc|
NTSE Scholarship Information 2019
Punjab students who qualified in NTSE Stage 2 will get the scholarship amount from NCERT every month. The table below shows information about scholarship amounts distributed to the qualified candidates.
|Education Level||Scholarship Amount|
|Class XI to XII||Rs. 1250/-|
|Ph.D.||According to the UGC norms|
FAQ’s on NTSE Punjab 2019
Is there another way to check the NTSE Punjab result other than checking online?
Yes, you can contact your school authorities to know whether you are qualified in stage 1 or not.
What is the reservation criteria in NTSE Punjab 2019?
A total of 183 scholarships are reserved for Punjab state. All state reservation criteria for scholarships has been determined by NCERT.
How do I check my NTSE Punjab result?
NTSE Punjab result will be released online in the form of a merit list by SCERT. Students can visit the official website www.ssapunjab.org to check their results.
What happens after the NTSE Punjab result declaration?
Students whose names and roll numbers are available in the stage 1 result can only be eligible for the stage 2 exam. The stage 2 exam will be held on May 10, 2020, conducted by NCERT. The deserved student who qualified for the stage 2 exam will be awarded a scholarship for higher studies.
What will be the result date of stage 1 for the candidates who belong to Punjab state?
The stage 1 result will be released on the official website of SCERT in the last week of January 2020.
Do I know whether NTSE Punjab cut-off is same as NTSE stage 2 cut-off?
Yes, you can know that both the cut-offs are not the same. Stage 1 cut-off is totally different from stage 2 cut-off. Since, stage 1 is released by SCERT, Punjab whereas stage 2 is released by NCERT.
Is NTSE Punjab is tougher than NTSE stage 2?
No, NTSE stage 2 is tougher than NTSE Punjab. Since NTSE stage 2 is conducted at the national level by NCERT.
Hope this article will help you to get information about NTSE Punjab 2019-20. For any queries in NTSE Punjab, leave your queries in the comment box to get in touch with us.