NTSE Meghalaya 2019-20: The Directorate of Educational Research and Training (DERT) conduct NTSE Stage 1 on 2nd November. The NTSE Meghalaya application form will be released in the last week of July 2019. Students studying in class X can apply for NTSE Meghalaya until September 2019. The NTSE Meghalaya students can collect the admit card from the school in the last week of October 2019. The NTSE Meghalaya qualified students will be invited to appear for the NTSE stage 2 exam.
NCERT conducts NTSE to help the talented students both academically and economically. That’s why NCERT offers scholarships to only the deserving candidates till the doctorate level of their academics. Candidates should read the complete article to know more information about NTSE Meghalaya. Information including exam dates, the application process, eligibility, pattern, and syllabus, etc.
NTSE Meghalaya Exam Dates
|Starting Date of Application||Last Week of July 2019|
|Closing of Application||Last Week of September 2019|
|Admit Card for Stage 1||October 2019|
|NTSE Meghalaya Exam||November 2, 2019|
|NTSE Meghalaya Answer Key||November 2019|
|NTSE Meghalaya Result & Cut Off Scores||February 2020|
|NTSE Admit Card for Stage 2||April 2020|
|NTSE Stage 2||May 10, 2020|
|NTSE Stage 2 Result||September 2020|
NTSE Meghalaya Eligibility Criteria
Students must check the following conditions of eligibility to appear for NTSE Meghalaya.
- Candidates studying in class X from any recognized or top schools of the state.
- Open schooling or distance learning candidates whose age is below 18 years.
- Reserved category students should obtain at least 55% marks in class IX.
- General category students should obtain at least 60% marks in class IX.
- Meghalaya students who are studying in class X in the academic year of 2019-20.
- Age limit for NTSE Meghalaya students must be below 18 years as on 1st July 2019.
- Candidates who are employed in any job are not eligible.
- NMMS Scholarship holders could also be eligible for NTSE Meghalaya.
NTSE Meghalaya Application Form
Students can collect an application form from the school authorities. They can also get it from the state liaison officer. NTSE Meghalaya application form will be released in the last week of July 2019. Meghalaya students can fill and submit the application form until September 2019. The following are the important points to apply for the NTSE Meghalaya 2019-20.
- Visit the official website www.megeducation.gov.in to download the application form.
- Enter the required details correctly to avoid rejection by the exam authorities.
- Recheck the filled form thoroughly to avoid rejection without any prior notice.
- Candidates must keep ready their required documents including two passport size photos and mark sheet copies of class IX.
- Reserved candidates should submit a photocopy of their Caste Certificates if required.
- Physically Challenged candidates should submit a photocopy of their Disability Certificates if required.
- Open schooling or distance learning students could submit it directly to the DSEO.
- Submit the filled application form along with the required documents to the Principal.
- From your school, it will be forwarded to the DSEO of Meghalaya on or before the due date.
NTSE Meghalaya Application Fee
No application fee will be charged from the applicants to appear for the NTSE Meghalaya Stage 1.
NTSE Meghalaya Admit Card
Students can collect the admit card from the school authorities before the exam. Admit card contains the candidate and exam center details. Bringing a mobile phone, calculator or mathematical instruments in the exam is strictly prohibited. Admit card is one of the most important documents for entering into the examination hall. Without bringing the admit card candidates will not be allowed to sit in the exam.
NTSE Meghalaya Question Pattern
NTSE Meghalaya is conducted annually with a fixed pattern each year. Candidates have to attempt two papers i.e, the Mental Ability Test (MAT) and Scholastic Ability Test (SAT). Each paper contains 100 multiple-choice questions. Refer to the table below to know the details of the exam pattern for NTSE Meghalaya.
|Papers||Number of questions||Duration|
|Mental Ability Test (MAT)||100||120 minutes|
|Scholastic Ability Test (SAT)||100||120 minutes|
- There is no negative marking for wrong answers but each right answer carries 1 mark.
- The questions will be asked from the syllabus of class IX and X in the exam.
- MAT checks the candidate’s ability to solve verbal and non-verbal reasoning.
- MAT contains 100 multiple choice questions with a duration of 120 minutes.
- SAT checks the candidate’s subject-wise knowledge and problem-solving skills.
- SAT contains 100 multiple choice questions with a duration of 120 minutes.
NTSE Meghalaya Answer Key
The official answer keys will not be released by DERT, Meghalaya. Some coaching institutions will release the answer keys after some days of the exam. So, candidates can check their answer keys from the coaching institutions websites. The following points are given to know the information about the NTSE Stage 1 answer keys:
- The answer keys consists of all the answers to every question asked in each paper.
- The answer keys must be checked to calculate the expected scores and get an idea of eligibility for NTSE Stage 2.
- The correct marking approach should be followed by the candidate.
- The answer keys help the candidates to determine their performance in the exam.
NTSE Meghalaya Exam Result
NTSE Meghalaya result will be released online in the first week of February 2020. DERT will declare the result as a merit list of shortlisted candidates for the NTSE stage 2 to be held on May 2020. The following points contain some information about the NTSE Meghalaya exam results:
- Visit the official website of DERT, Meghalaya to check the result.
- Click on the result link and enter your roll number and date of birth to download the result.
- In result, students can check their name, roll number, date of birth and marks obtained in MAT & SAT papers.
- Students can keep a printed copy of the result sheet for future reference.
Details Mentioned on NTSE Meghalaya Exam Result
Students can check the result on the official website of DERT, Meghalaya. The NTSE Meghalaya result sheet contains the following information of the selected candidates.
- Name, Address & Roll number of the student
- Students Gender, Caste, Disability Status & Date of Birth
- Rank & Total marks of the students
- MAT & SAT Scores
NTSE Meghalaya Stage 1 Qualifying Scores
Qualifying scores means the minimum scores students need to get selected for the NTSE stage 2 exam. NTSE Meghalaya qualifying scores will be announced along with the result by DERT on February 2020. The below mentioned are the various factors of qualifying scores
- Highest marks obtained by students
- Lowest marks obtained by students
- Total number of students from each category
- Previous year’s qualifying marks
- The difficulty level of the exam pattern
The following table shows the qualifying percentage for NTSE Meghalaya category candidates
NTSE Meghalaya Reservation Criteria
Total 50 scholarships are reserved for Meghalaya state. These scholarships will be awarded as per the reservation percentages are given below:
NTSE Meghalaya Syllabus
The NTSE Meghalaya has no specific syllabus. That’s why candidates can prepare from various topics of class IX and X syllabus which will be asked in the exam. The below-mentioned table shows some important topics for NTSE Meghalaya 2019-20.
|SAT||Math||Basic Geometry, Circles, Quadratic Equation, Surface Area & Volume, Algebraic Expression, Arithmetic Progression, Square Roots & Cube Roots, Percentage, Simple and Compound Interest, Coordinated Geometry, Linear Equation, Number System, Probability, Triangles, Trigonometry, and Statistics, etc.|
|Science||Acid, Bases and Salt, Human Body, Food Production & Management, Motion & Force, Source of Energy, Fibers & Plastics, Structure of an Atom and Measurements, Air, Carbon & its Components, Magnetism and Electricity, Metals and non-metals, Environment, Light, Evolution, Living Organisms, Water, Physical and Chemical changes in matter and Evolution, etc.|
|Social Sciences||Science & Literature, Industrial Revolution, Early Medieval Period, Resources & Development, Buddhism, Jainism, Introduction of Ancient Indian History, New Empires and Kingdoms, The Mughal Empire, Delhi Sultanate, National Movement, Indian Constitution, Revolt of 1857, Democracy & Elections, Atmosphere, The Judiciary, Map & Globe, Natural Vegetation and Solar System, Agriculture, Map and Globes, Motion of the Earth, Democracy, Diversity & Livelihood, State Government, Union Government, UN & International Agencies, etc.|
|MAT||Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning||Analogy, Analytic Reasoning, Hypothetical Situations, Word Sequencing, Coding-Decoding, Distance & Direction, Word Problems, Calendar, Time & Clock, Mirror and Water Images, Blood Relations, Ranking and Arrangements, Alphabetic test, Venn Diagrams, Questions on Directions, Truth Verification, Cubes and Dice Problems, Classification, Embedded Figures, Folding/Cutting Paper and Dot Fixing, etc.|
Meghalaya candidates have to qualify in both the stages of NTSE. Then only they can be benefited by the number of scholarships every month. NCERT offers approximately 2000 scholarships to the deserving candidates of NTSE.
|Education Level||Scholarship Amount|
|Class XI to XII||Rs.1250/-|
|Ph.D.||According to the UGC norms|
For any information/queries, leave your queries in the comment section to get in touch with you. Hope this NTSE Meghalaya 2019-20 article will be helpful to you.