NTSE Gujarat 2019-20: Gujarat State Examination Board (GSEB) will conduct NTSE Gujarat Stage 1 on 3rd November 2019. Students who are currently studying in class X are eligible for NTSE Gujarat 2019-20. The application process will start from the first week of August till the third week of September 2019. Candidates who want to appear for the NTSE Gujarat can download their admit card in the third week of October 2019. The NTSE Gujarat exam is conducted in 2 stages. Stage 1 conducted by GSEB at the State level. Stage 2 conducted by NCERT at the National level. Only shortlisted candidates in the stage1 are entitled to appear for the stage 2 exam. The final merit list will be prepared and published based on the candidate’s entire performance.
NTSE Exam is conducted every year to recognize and encourage young talent in India. Finally, scholarships will be awarded to the deserving candidates by NTSE till the doctorate level of their academics. Candidates should read this article further to know more information about NTSE Gujarat 2019-20. Information such as exam dates, admit card, eligibility, exam pattern, and syllabus, etc.
NTSE Gujarat Exam Dates
|Releasing of Application form||Third week of August 2019|
|Closing of Application||Third week of September 2019|
|Admit Card for Stage 1||Third week of October 2019|
|NTSE Gujarat Stage 1||November 3, 2019|
|NTSE Gujarat Answer Key||Second Week of November 2019|
|NTSE Gujarat Stage 1 Result & Cut-off Scores||March 2020|
|NTSE Admit Card for Stage 2||April 2020|
|NTSE Stage 2||May 10, 2020|
|NTSE Stage 2 Result||September 2020|
NTSE Gujarat Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must fulfill the following eligibility criteria to appear for NTSE Gujarat 2019-20.
- Age of the candidate should not be above 18 years as on 1st July 2019.
- Candidate must be studying class X in the academic year of 2019-20.
- Candidates who have appeared for the class X board exam in 2019 are not eligible.
- Reserved category candidates must secure at least 55% marks in Class IX to be eligible for the exam.
- General category candidates must secure at least 60% marks in class IX to be eligible for the exam.
- NMMS scholarship holders are also eligible to appear for NTSE Gujarat.
- Candidates who are studying in government, private or top schools are eligible.
- Open schooling or distance learning candidates are also eligible.
NTSE Gujarat Application Form
NTSE Gujarat application form will be released by Gujarat Board in the 3rd week of August 2019. The closing date of NTSE Gujarat online application form is the third week of September 2019. Candidates can check the below mentioned important information to apply for the exam.
- Candidates should visit the official website Sebexam.orpgujarat.com.
- Candidates need to register themselves in order to fill the application form.
- After registration candidate needs to enter all necessary details in the form.
- Candidates have to keep ready of all their educational documents at the time of filling out the application form.
- Candidates should use an only blue or black ballpoint pen to fill the necessary details.
- Candidate should fill all the details correctly and recheck it to avoid rejection of the application.
- After filling the details candidates need to upload their recent photo as well as some necessary documents in the given format.
- Once the application is confirmed candidates need to take a hard copy of it.
- Submit the application form along with the registration fee to the state liaison officer on or before the due date.
NTSE Gujarat Application Fee
The below mentioned is the application fee which needs to be submitted by the applicants on or before the due date in order to appear for the exam. The application fee can be deposited online by using a debit card, credit card or net banking. Once the application fee will be paid, it will not be refunded back.
NTSE Gujarat Admit Card
Candidates can download their admit card from the official website at least 21 days before the exam date. Candidates must go through the following points to download the admit card.
- Go to the NTSE Gujarat official website Sebexam.orpgujarat.com.
- Click on the “Print Hall Pass” link.
- Enter the NTSE application number and date of birth.
- Candidate should fill application number details and click enter.
- After that download and take a printout of the hall pass.
The NTSE Gujarat admit card contains candidate’s name, roll number, exam date & time and exam center details. It is important that candidates must carry their admit card on the exam day. Without admit card candidate will not be permitted to sit in the exam.
NTSE Gujarat Exam Pattern
The NTSE Gujarat stage 1 exam is divided into 2 sections. These are the Scholastic Ability Test (SAT) and the Mental Ability Test (MAT). Total of 200 questions is asked in the NTSE Gujarat stage 1. Each paper contains 100 questions. The following table shows the complete details on exam pattern for NTSE Gujarat.
|Paper||Number of questions||Question Types||Time Allotted|
|Scholastic Ability Test (SAT)||100 (Math – 20, Science – 40 and Social Science – 40)||Multiple choices, objective type||120 minutes|
|Mental Ability Test (MAT)||100||Multiple choices, objective type||120 minutes|
- Each correct answer in the exam carries 1 mark while there is no negative marking for wrong answers.
- SAT evaluates the candidate’s reading comprehension, interpretative, predictive and general knowledge.
- The total number of questions asked from math, science, and social science subjects in the SAT is 100 and the time allotted is 120 minutes.
- The questions in the exam will be asked from the syllabus of class IX and X.
- MAT evaluates the candidates reasoning, discriminate the ability of thinking, judging and visualizing.
- MAT questions are based on logical reasoning, coding-decoding, problem-solving, series, analogies, hidden figures, pattern perception, etc.
- The total number of questions asked in the MAT is 100 and the time allotted is 120 minutes.
NTSE Gujarat Answer Key
The answer key for the NTSE Gujarat will be released on the official website in the 2nd week of November 2019. The answer key contains correct answers of 100 questions that have been asked in MAT and SAT. Candidates from Gujarat can download the answer keys to verify the answers and calculate their scores. The following points are given to check the NTSE Gujarat Answer key:
- Candidate has to check the official website of GSEB. Then, click on the answer key link.
- Save the downloaded answer key.
- Candidates can compare the expected marks with last year’s cut-off.
- It will help the candidate to get an idea of whether he/she will be qualified to appear for NTSE stage 2 exam or not.
- The correct marking strategy should be followed. Candidates answer key can be revised based on significant proof.
- Finally, the revised answer key will be published.
NTSE Gujarat Exam Result
NTSE Gujarat exam result will be released by GSEB on the official website in March 2020. It contains marks obtained in SAT, MAT & the total marks of each candidate. GSEB will release the merit list of qualified candidates for NTSE stage 2 exam which will be conducted on May 10, 2020. Candidates should go through the following steps to check the NTSE Gujarat exam results:
- Candidates can check their result on the official website of GSEB.
- NTSE Gujarat Result 2019 link can be seen on the homepage of the portal, click on it.
- Candidates should fill their roll number and date of birth and download the result list.
- Candidates can keep the hard copies of the result list for their future reference.
Details Mentioned on NTSE Gujarat Exam Result
Candidates can check their NTSE Gujarat result on the official website Sebexam.orpgujarat.com. The NTSE Gujarat exam result contains the following information of the shortlisted candidates.
- Name, Roll number and School Address of the candidate
- Candidates scores in MAT & SAT
- Candidates gender, caste category, date of birth and disability status
- Total marks and Candidates Rank
NTSE Gujarat Stage 1 Cut-Off
Cut-off scores are the minimum scores a candidate needs to achieve to qualify for the NTSE stage 2 exam. NTSE Gujarat qualifying scores will be declared along with the result by GSEB on March 2020. Candidates must know that the qualifying scores depends on various factors as given below:
- Number of candidates from each category
- Maximum marks secured in the exam
- Minimum marks secured in the exam
The following table shows the cut-off marks for NTSE Gujarat stage 1 category candidates
The following table shows the qualifying percentage for MAT & SAT for NTSE Gujarat stage 1 category candidates
|Paper||General Category||Reserved Categories (ST, SC & PH)|
NTSE Gujarat Stage 1 Reservation Criteria
Candidates must go through the following table to know the reservation criteria for NTSE Gujarat.
NTSE Gujarat Stage 1 Syllabus
There is no specific syllabus for the NTSE Gujarat stage 1. So, candidates must refer to the CBSE class IX and X syllabus with the aim of getting selected in this exam. Candidates can also refer to the official PDF which gives information on MAT and SAT.
- Scholastic Ability Test (SAT): It contains questions from math, science and social science subjects.
- Mental Ability Test (MAT): It contains questions from logical reasoning and problem-solving skills.
Hope this article will help you to get more information about NTSE Gujarat 2019-20.