NTSE Eligibility Criteria 2020: NCERT will publish the notification for NTSE eligibility criteria. The National Talent Search Examination is the most prestigious national level scholarship exam. The NTSE conducted in two stages for secondary school students. NTSE Stage 1 2020 will be conducted by various states or Union Territories in the first week of November. Whereas the NTSE Stage 2 exam is conducted by NCERT in the 2nd week of May 2020. NCERT offers 2000 scholarships every year out of which 15% is reserved for SC, 7.5% for ST, 27% for OBS and 4% for PH candidates. These reservation percentages are the same for the students studying in India or Abroad.
The NTSE scholarship is awarded to talented students in India to help them financially up to their higher studies. Only the qualified candidates of Stage 1 exam will be invited to appear for the Stage 2 exam. If candidates are not eligible for this exam then their applications will be rejected by the exam conducting authorities. That’s why students must know the NTSE eligibility criteria 2020 before filling the form. Read the article below to get more information about NTSE eligibility criteria 2020.
NTSE Eligibility Criteria 2020 for Class 10
The NTSE eligibility criteria are different for both stages of the exam. As per the NTSE eligibility criteria, the age limit of the students must be below 18 years as on July 1, 2020. Students who are studying in class X can be eligible for NTSE 2020. In this article, students can check both stages of eligibility criteria separately.
NTSE Eligibility Criteria Stage 1
States may enforce other eligibility criteria for NTSE Stage 1. Refer to the below mentioned NTSE eligibility criteria 2020 for stage 1.
- Nationality: Students must belong to the citizenship of India. However, class X students of India who are studying abroad can also eligible for NTSE.
- Education Board: Students from any recognized schools including Kendriya Vidyalaya, Navodaya Vidyalaya or Sainik school, etc. can appear for the NTSE 2020. Students studying in class X under the Open and Distance Learning (ODL) with the age limit of below 18 years can also appear for the NTSE 2020. Students must not be employed in any job.
- Domicile: Students studying in class 10 of various states/UTs can appear for this scholarship examination. So, the domicile certificate is not required in this exam.
- Class: Students studying in class IX can also appear for the NTSE 2020 but they must clear the class IX exam with 60% of the marks.
NTSE Eligibility Criteria Stage 2
Refer to the below mentioned NTSE eligibility criteria 2020 for stage 2.
- Students who have secured 80% marks or above in the state level exam are eligible to appear for the NTSE stage 2 exam at the national level.
- Approximately 4000 students appear for the NTSE stage 2 every year. Out of which only those students who qualify stage 2 with the minimum cut off scores will be awarded the scholarship.
NTSE Eligibility Criteria 2020 for Indian Students Studying Abroad
Refer to the below mentioned NTSE eligibility criteria 2020 for Indian students studying abroad.
- Indian students who are studying abroad can directly apply for NTSE stage 2.
- These students have to secure at least 60% of marks in aggregate at the previous annual examinations.
- Abroad students can appear in the NTSE at their own cost. The exam conducting authority is not responsible for any kind of reimbursement.
- These students have to appear the NTSE in India in any of the exam centers.
- The application form will be released in October for the students studying abroad.
- After filling the application form, it should be sent along with the photocopy of previous exam mark sheets to the address of the NCERT.
- Students studying abroad can get a scholarship only if they study further in India.
NTSE 2019 Reservation Policy for Indian Nationals
The NTSE will follow some rules defined by the Government of India. The candidate must be Indian nationals. The candidates who qualify the NTSE stage 2 examinations will be getting reservation benefits.
The general category candidates must secure 40% marks in each of the NTSE exam paper. The reserved category students need to secure 32% marks in each of the exams. The NTSE reservation scheme is as follows:
|Category Details||Percentage Reservation|
|SC (scheduled cast)||15%|
|ST (scheduled tribe)||7.5%|
NTSE 2019 Reservation Scheme for Indian Nationals Studying Abroad
The candidates of Indian origin who are completing class 10 from any foreign board or school will be getting a scholarship only if he/she studies further in India. The reservation ratio percentage scheme in NTSE exam is as follows the criteria:
|SC (Scheduled Caste)||15%|
|ST (Scheduled Tribe)||7.5%|
FAQ’s on NTSE Eligibility Criteria 2020 for Class 10
Is the eligibility criteria for NTSE Stage 1 same as NTSE Stage 2?
No, the eligibility criteria for both stages are different.
What is the age limit of the students to appear for the NTSE Stage 1?
As per the eligibility criteria, the age limit of the students must be below 18 years as on July 1, 2020.
How many marks required in Stage 1 exam to be eligible for NTSE Stage 2?
Students have to obtain 80% marks or above in Stage 1 exam to be eligible for the NTSE stage 2 at the national level.
Hope this article will help you to get information about NTSE Eligibility Criteria 2020 for Class 10. If you have any queries, leave your queries in the comment box to get in touch with us.