NTSE Daman and Diu 2019-20: U.T. Administration of Daman and Diu (UTADD) will release a notification for the NTSE Daman and Diu 2019-20. NTSE Daman and Diu will be conducted on 3rd November 2019. The application process will start in the 2nd week of August 2019. Regular students of class 10th can apply for NTSE Daman and Diu till 17th September 2019. NTSE Daman and Diu admit card will be released online along with the application form on August 2019. Only the qualified candidates of NTSE Daman and Diu will be invited to appear for the stage 2 exam conducted by NCERT.
NCERT organizes NTSE to provide scholarships to the shortlisted candidates up to their higher studies. Students should read the article below to get information about NTSE Daman and Diu 2019-20. Information including exam dates, eligibility, fee, answer key, and pattern, etc. NTSE Exam will be conducted in the month of November.
NTSE Daman and Diu Exam Dates
|Start Date of Application||2nd Week of August 2019|
|Last Date of Application Submission||September 17, 2019|
|Admit Card for Stage 1||August 2019|
|NTSE Daman and Diu Stage 1||November 3, 2019|
|NTSE Daman and Diu Answer Key||November 2019|
|NTSE Daman and Diu Result and Cut-off Scores||March 2020|
|NTSE Admit Card for Stage 2||April 2020|
|NTSE Stage 2||June 2020|
|NTSE Stage 2 Result||September 2020|
NTSE Daman and Diu Eligibility Criteria
Refer to the below eligibility conditions to appear for the NTSE Daman and Diu 2019-20.
- Students studying class X in any recognized schools of Daman and Diu.
- Regular class 10th students of Daman and Diu studying during the academic year of 2019-20.
- Students of the general category must secure 60% marks and reserved category 55% marks in Class 9th.
- The age limit must be less than 18 years as on 1st July 2019 to apply for NTSE Daman and Diu.
- Students who are not employed in a job and appearing class 10 exam for the first time.
- Students getting a scholarship from any other source will not be considered for this year.
- Students registered under Open School and Distance Learning (ODL) with the age limit of below 18 years.
- NMMS scholarship holders are also eligible to apply for NTSE Daman and Diu.
- Domicile restriction is not applicable for NTSE Daman and Diu.
NTSE Daman and Diu Application Process
NTSE Daman and Diu application form will be released on the official website of U.T Administration of Daman and Diu. Candidates can download the online application form from the official website in the 2nd week of August 2019. Candidates can also collect it from the school authorities or the state liaison officer in the 2nd week of August 2019. The last date for applying to NTSE Daman and Diu Stage 1 is September 17, 2019. Candidates must read the instructions and may take help from their teacher or parent for filling up the application form. Candidates must refer to the below-mentioned information to apply for NTSE Daman and Diu 2019-20.
- Visit the official website www.daman.nic.in to download the application form.
- Click on the “List of Departments” available under the “Departments” link of the homepage. Then click on the “Directorate of Education, Daman” to go to the Downloads section.
- Download the NTSE Daman and Diu application form and Excel Sheet Proforma along with the admit card available in pdf format.
- The Excel sheet proforma contains the Name of the School, Name of Student, Father’s Name, Address, Caste Category, etc.
- Make sure to fill correct and valid information in NTSE Daman and Diu application form.
- Any misperception in the application may lead to rejection of the form by the Directorate of Education.
- Affix passport size photograph attested by the respective school Principal. Xerox copies of 9th class mark sheets should be attached in the form.
- Xerox copies of Caste and Non-creamy Certificate for SC/ST/OBC candidates should be submitted.
- EWS Certificate issued by Mamlatdar, Daman, and Diu for EWS candidates should be submitted.
- Disability Certificate from the Competent Authority should be submitted.
- The duly filled application and Excel Sheet Proforma of the respective school along with the fee will be submitted to the state liaison’s office on or before 17th September 2019.
- Application forms received after the last date will not be considered at any cost.
NTSE Daman and Diu Application Fee
Applicants have to pay the application fee along with the form to appear for the NTSE Daman and Diu. Refer the table below to know the application fee for NTSE Daman and Diu 2019-20.
NTSE Daman and Diu Admit Card
- The admit card will be released on the official website of U.T. Administration of Daman and Diu in the 2nd week of August 2019.
- Admit card can be downloaded online from the official website www.daman.nic.in.
- After downloading fill the details in block letters only.
- Admit card contains Students Name, 11 digit Roll Number, date, time, and exam center details, etc.
- Affix the passport size photograph attested by the school Principal.
- Students must bring the admit card to appear for NTSE Daman and Diu without any hurdle.
NTSE Daman and Diu Question Pattern
Students must remember the NTSE Daman and Diu exam pattern while preparing for the exam. The NTSE Daman and Diu contain two papers i.e, the Mental Ability Test (MAT) and Scholastic Ability Test (SAT). The exam will be held in English, Hindi, and Marathi medium using pen and paper. Refer to the table below to know the exam pattern for NTSE Daman and Diu Stage 1.
|Papers||Number of questions||Duration|
|Mental Ability Test (MAT)||100||120 minutes|
|Scholastic Ability Test (SAT)||100||120 minutes|
- Each right answer carries 1 mark. But, no negative marking will be given to the wrong answers.
- MAT question papers are based on thinking abilities, verbal and non-verbal reasoning skills.
- SAT question papers are based on each subject of the class 9th and 10th syllabus.
- Both MAT and SAT papers contain 200 questions with a duration of 240 minutes.
- NTSE Daman and Diu question pattern are equivalent to the syllabus of the class 9th and 10th.
NTSE Daman and Diu Answer Key
The official answer keys will not be released by U.T. Administration of Daman and Diu. Some coaching institutions will release the answer keys for NTSE Daman and Diu after few days of the exam. So, candidates can estimate their scores by checking the answer keys from the websites of coaching institutions. The following points are given to know the detailed information about the NTSE Daman and Diu answer key:
- Candidates will be able to find the correct answer to each question asked in each paper.
- Using the answer key candidates can determine their performance in NTSE Daman and Diu.
- The correct marking approach should be followed for NTSE Daman and Diu answer keys.
- Candidates with the help of it can compare the answers with the correct ones and determine their eligibility for NTSE Stage2.
- Remember the NTSE Daman and Diu exam pattern and cut-off scores while comparing the answers.
NTSE Daman and Diu Exam Result
U.T. Administration of Daman and Diu will release the online result in March 2020. The NTSE Daman and Diu result will be released on the official website in the form of merit list. The NTSE Daman and Diu final merit list will be declared along with the cutoff. The NTSE Daman and Diu result contain the shortlisted candidate’s name and section-wise marks. Daman and Diu candidates can check the result by searching their name in the merit list. The merit list of NTSE Daman and Diu shortlisted candidates will be declared for the NTSE stage 2 to be held on June 2020. Refer to below points to check the NTSE Daman and Diu result 2019-20:
- Visit the official website www.daman.nic.in to download the result.
- Click on the NTSE result link appeared on the homepage.
- The result will be downloaded in the form of a pdf file on the screen.
- Candidates can search their name and compare with the respective school.
- Take a printed copy of the NTSE Daman and Diu result file and keep it safe for future purposes.
Details Mentioned on NTSE Daman and Diu Result
Candidates can check the NTSE Daman and Diu results in the online result pdf file. Candidates can compare the name with the respective school while checking the result list. The NTSE Daman and Diu result list contain the below information.
- Students Name, School Name, Roll number and Rank
- Students School Address, School Code, Gender, Category, Disability Status and Date of Birth
- Total Marks and Marks obtained in MAT, SAT
NTSE Daman and Diu Cut-Off
Cut-off means the minimum scores a candidate must secure in order to get selected for the NTSE stage 2. The NTSE Daman and Diu cut-off will be declared along with the result by the Directorate of Education. The NTSE Daman and Diu cut-off will be released in March 2020. The NTSE Daman and Diu cut-off depend on various factors as given below:
- Total number of registered candidates
- Candidates maximum marks in the exam
- Candidates minimum marks in the exam
- The difficulty level of the exam
- Previous year’s cut-off
The NTSE Daman and Diu cut-off vary based on categories. The following table shows the previous year’s category-wise cut-off marks for NTSE Daman and Diu.
The following table shows the qualifying percentage for NTSE Daman and Diu category candidates
|Papers||General Category||Reserved Categories (ST, SC, and PH)|
NTSE Daman and Diu Reservation Criteria
Total 20 scholarships are reserved for the Union Territories of Daman and Diu. Based on the below reservation criteria candidates will be selected for NTSE Daman and Diu.
NTSE Daman and Diu Stage 1 Syllabus
The U.T Administration of Daman and Diu has not specified any syllabus for NTSE Daman and Diu. However, candidates can practice the questions from Daman and Diu class 9th and 10th board syllabus. Daman and Diu candidates can also prepare from the sample papers. These are the previous year’s solved question papers which helps to solve different type of questions within a stipulated time. Refer to the table below to know the important topics for NTSE Daman and Diu.
|SAT||Math||Algebraic Expression, Surface Area and Volume, Simple and Compound Interest, Quadratic Equation, Arithmetic Progression, Square Roots and Cube Roots, Percentage, etc|
|Science||Source of Energy, Human Body, Acid, Bases and Salt, Metals and non-metals, Food Production and Management, Motion and Force, Fibers and Plastics, Structure of an Atom and Measurements, etc.|
|Social Sciences||Culture, Indian Constitution, Buddhism, Jainism, Science and Literature, Democracy and Elections, New Empires and Kingdoms, Natural Vegetation and Solar System, The Mughal Empire, Delhi Sultanate, Revolt of 1857, National Movement, Atmosphere, The Judiciary, Map and Globe, Map and Globes, Motion of the Earth, Democracy, State Government, UN and Other International Agencies, Union Government, etc.|
|MAT||Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning||Analogy, Series, Classification, Analytic Reasoning, Alphabet Test, Coding-Decoding, Arithmetical Reasoning, Word Problems, Logical Venn Diagrams, Time and Clock, Mirror and Water Images, Blood Relations, Folding/Cutting Paper, Logical Diagram, Mathematical Operations, etc.|
NTSE Scholarship Information 2019-20
Daman and Diu students who qualified in NTSE Stage 2 will get the below scholarship amount from NCERT every month.
|Education Level||Scholarship Amount|
|Class XI to XII||Rs. 1250/-|
|Ph.D.||According to the UGC norms|
FAQ’s on NTSE Daman and Diu 2019
How do I check my NTSE Daman and Diu result?
U.T. Administration of Daman and Diu will release the online result in March 2020. The NTSE Daman and Diu result will be released in the form of merit list. So, candidates can check the result by searching their names in the merit list.
What happens after NTSE Daman and Diu result declaration?
NTSE Daman and Diu shortlisted candidates will start preparing for NTSE Stage 2 after finding their name in the result list. NTSE Stage 2 will be held in June 2020.
How the answer keys are helpful for NTSE Daman and Diu students?
Students with the help of the answer keys can estimate their scores and determine their eligibility for NTSE stage 2.
What is the marking strategy of NTSE Daman and Diu?
NTSE Daman and Diu consist of two papers i.e, MAT and SAT. Both the papers contain a total of 200 questions with a duration of 240 minutes. There is no negative marking for wrong answers but 1 mark will be given to each right answer.
What is the reservation criteria in NTSE Daman and Diu 2019?
Total 20 scholarships are reserved for the Union Territories of Daman and Diu. Directorate of Education will select the candidates for NTSE Stage 1 based on the reservation percentages. 15% reserved for SC, 7.5% for ST, 27% for OBC and 4% for PH.
What will be the release date of NTSE Daman and Diu application form?
NTSE Daman and Diu application form can be downloaded from the official website in the 2nd week of August 2019. The last date for applying to NTSE Daman and Diu is September 17, 2019.
How much application fee will be paid for NTSE Daman and Diu?
Application fee for general category is Rs. 75/-. Whereas fee for reserved category is Rs. 55/-.
Hope this article will help you to get information about NTSE Daman and Diu 2019-20. If you have any queries, leave it in the comment box and we will get back to you soon.