NTSE Andaman and Nicobar 2019-20: The Directorate of Educational Research and Training (DERT) will conduct NTSE Andaman and Nicobar Stage 1 on 2nd November. The application form will be released in July 2019. Students studying in class X can apply for NTSE Andaman and Nicobar till September 2019. Candidates can download the NTSE Andaman and Nicobar Stage 1 exam admit card on October 2019. Students who obtained qualified marks in the NTSE Andaman and Nicobar stage1 will be invited to appear for the stage 2 exam to be held on June 2020. The NTSE final merit list will be prepared and published on the official website of NCERT.
NTSE is conducted by NCERT to award scholarships to deserving candidates till the doctorate level of their studies. Candidates should read this article till the end to get detailed information about NTSE Andaman and Nicobar 2019-20. Information such as exam dates, the application process, admit card, eligibility, and syllabus, etc.
NTSE Andaman and Nicobar Exam Dates
|Starting Date of Application||July 2019|
|Closing of Application||September 2019|
|Admit Card for Stage 1||October 2019|
|NTSE Andaman and Nicobar Stage 1 Exam||November 2, 2019|
|NTSE Andaman and Nicobar Answer Key||November 2019|
|NTSE Andaman and Nicobar Stage 1 Result and Cut Off Scores||April 2020|
|NTSE Admit Card for Stage 2||May 2020|
|NTSE Stage 2||June 2020|
|NTSE Stage 2 Result||September 2020|
NTSE Andaman and Nicobar Eligibility Criteria
The following are the eligibility criteria to appear for NTSE Andaman and Nicobar 2019-20.
- Candidate belongs to the Reserved category should obtain at least 55% marks in class IX.
- Candidate belongs to the general category should obtain at least 65% marks in class IX.
- Candidates studying in class X in the academic year of 2019-20 are eligible for appearing in the exam.
- Age limit for NTSE Andaman and Nicobar Stage 1 should not be above 18 years as on 1st July 2019.
- Candidates from any recognized or top schools of Andaman and Nicobar are eligible.
- Open schooling or distance learning candidates within the age limits are also eligible.
- NMMS Scholarship holders could also be eligible for the exam.
NTSE Andaman and Nicobar Application Form
Students can collect an application form from the school authorities or the state liaison officer in July 2019. The last date for applying to NTSE Andaman and Nicobar Stage 1 exam is in September 2019. The following are the important points to apply for the NTSE Andaman and Nicobar exam.
- All the required details should be filled correctly to avoid rejection of the form.
- Application form should be rechecked thoroughly to avoid the chances of rejection.
- Make sure to keep ready required documents including two passport size photos and copies of class IX mark sheets.
- Submit the filled application form along with the required documents at the Principal’s office of your respective school.
- From your school, the application will be forwarded to the state liaison’s officer for NTSE Andaman and Nicobar Stage 1 exam.
- Reserved candidates should submit a copy of their Caste Certificates if required.
- Physically Challenged candidates should submit the Disability Certificates if required.
- Open schooling and distance learning students could submit it directly to the state liaison officer.
NTSE Andaman and Nicobar Application Fee
No application fee will be charged from the applicants to appear for the NTSE Andaman and Nicobar Stage 1 exam.
NTSE Andaman and Nicobar Admit Card
Andaman and Nicobar students can collect their admit card from the school authorities in October 2019. Admit card contains the name of the candidate, roll number, date and exam center details. Admit card is the most important document for students who are going to attend the exam. Without showing the admit card students will not be allowed to enter into the examination hall.
NTSE Andaman and Nicobar Question Pattern
Candidates have to attempt two types of question papers in the NTSE Andaman and Nicobar Stage 1 exam. These are the Mental Ability Test (MAT) and Scholastic Ability Test (SAT). MAT and SAT contains a total of 200 questions. Refer to the below-given table to know the details of the exam pattern for NTSE Andaman and Nicobar.
|Papers||Number of questions||Duration|
|Mental Ability Test (MAT)||100||120 minutes|
|Scholastic Ability Test (SAT)||100||120 minutes|
- Each right answer carries 1 mark and no negative marking for wrong attempts.
- Candidates can prepare from the syllabus of class IX and X with the aim of qualifying in the exam.
- MAT evaluates the candidates reasoning, series, analogies, hidden figures, and problem-solving skills, etc.
- MAT contains 100 questions with a duration of 120 minutes.
- SAT evaluates the candidate’s subject-wise knowledge and skills.
- SAT contains 100 questions with a duration of 120 minutes.
NTSE Andaman and Nicobar Answer Key
The official answer keys will not be released by DERT, Andaman and Nicobar. Some coaching institutions will release the answer keys after some days of the NTSE Andaman and Nicobar Stage 1 exam. That’s why candidates can check their answer keys from the websites of coaching institutions. The following points are given to know the detailed information about the NTSE Andaman and Nicobar answer key:
- The answer key consists of all the answers to all the questions asked in each paper of the exam.
- The answer keys help the candidates to determine their performance in Stage 1 exam based on the expected scores.
- The correct marking approach should be followed.
- Candidates from Andaman and Nicobar can check the answer keys to calculate their marks and get the idea of qualifying for NTSE Stage 2.
NTSE Andaman and Nicobar Exam Result
NTSE Andaman and Nicobar exam result will be declared in offline mode by DERT in April 2020. The final merit list and cut off will be declared along with the result. DERT will declare the merit list of shortlisted candidates for the NTSE stage 2 to be held on June 2020. The following points contain some information about the NTSE Andaman and Nicobar exam results:
- Students can visit their respective schools to know their exam result.
- In school, they have to contact the concerned person to get the result.
- In result, students can check their name, roll number and marks obtained in MAT and SAT papers.
- Students can get a printed copy of the result sheet from the school and keep it safely for future reference.
Details Mentioned on NTSE Andaman and Nicobar Exam Result
Students can check the NTSE Andaman and Nicobar Stage 1 result in the respective schools. The NTSE Stage1 result sheet contains the following information of the selected candidates.
- Name of the student and Roll number
- Students School Address, Gender, and Date of Birth
- Rank and Total marks of the students
- Students scores in MAT and SAT
NTSE Andaman and Nicobar Stage 1 Qualifying Scores
Qualifying scores means the minimum scores obtained by a student to get selected for the NTSE stage 2 exam. NTSE Andaman and Nicobar qualifying scores will be announced along with the result by DERT on April 2020. The below mentioned are the various factors of qualifying scores :
- Highest marks obtained by students
- Lowest marks obtained by students
- Total number of students belongs to each category
- Previous year’s cut-off marks
- The difficulty level of the exam pattern
The following table shows the cut-off marks for NTSE Andaman and Nicobar Stage 1 category candidates
The following table shows the qualifying percentage for NTSE Andaman and Nicobar category candidates
|Papers||General Category||Reserved Categories (ST, SC, and PH)|
NTSE Andaman and Nicobar Stage 1 Reservation Criteria
The Andaman and Nicobar students will be awarded scholarships as mentioned below:
NTSE Andaman and Nicobar Stage 1 Syllabus
The NTSE Andaman and Nicobar Stage 1 has no specific syllabus. So, students can prepare from class IX and X syllabus which covers various topics on the subjects which will be asked in this exam. The below-mentioned table shows some important topics for NTSE Andaman and Nicobar Stage 1 2019-20.
|SAT||Math||Quadratic Equation, Surface Area & Volume, Algebraic Expression, Arithmetic Progression, Square Roots & Cube Roots, Percentage, Simple and Compound Interest, Exponent, Linear Equation, Number System, Probability, Triangles, Trigonometry, and Statistics.|
|Science||Metals and non-metals, Acid, Bases and Salt, Human Body, Food Production & Management, Motion & Force, Source of Energy, Fibers & Plastics, Structure of an Atom and Measurements, Air, Carbon & its Components, Magnetism and Electricity, Cellular Level of Organisms, Environment, Light, Evolution, Living Organisms, Water, Physical and Chemical changes in matter.|
|Social Sciences||Industrial Revolution, Early Medieval Period, Resources & Development, New Empires and Kingdoms, The Mughal Empire, Delhi Sultanate, British Raj, Indian Constitution, Democracy & Elections, Atmosphere, The Judiciary, Map & Globe, Natural Vegetation and Solar System, Agriculture, Map and Globes, Motion of the Earth, Democracy, Diversity & Livelihood, State Government, Union Government, UN & International Agencies.|
|MAT||Reasoning||Hypothetical Situations, Word Sequencing, Coding-Decoding, Distance & Direction, Word Problems, Calendar, Time & Clock, Mirror and Water Images, Blood Relations, Ranking and Arrangements, Alphabetic test, Venn Diagrams, Questions on Directions, Truth Verification, Cubes and Dice Problems, Classification, Embedded Figures, Analogy, Folding/Cutting Paper, Analytic Reasoning and Dot Fixing.|
NTSE 2019-20 Scholarship Amounts
Students have to qualify in both the stages of NTSE with minimum cut-off marks to benefited with the amount of the scholarships every month.
|Education Level||Scholarship Amount|
|Class XI to XII||Rs. 1250/-|
|PhD||According to the UGC norms|
For further information, leave your queries in the comment section to get in touch with you. Hope this NTSE Andaman and Nicobar 2019-20 article will be helpful to you.