Next Genius Scholarship 2019-2020: The Next Genius Scholarship Program 2020 is an initiative of The Next Genius Foundation. Founded in 2014, the organization provides partial and full tuition fee coverage in the form of scholarships. The Foundation primarily targets the scholarship towards talented and meritorious high school students to pursue an undergraduate course in the United States of America.
Throughout the Foundation’s six-year history, an estimated USD 18 million worth of scholarships have been disbursed to deserving students. In 2019-20 alone, the Foundation aimed to provide over 100 students with scholarships worth more than USD 10 million. Read on to explore the Next Genius Scholarship application process, eligibility criteria, benefits and important Next Genius Scholarship Details, Next Genius Scholarship Interview Questions, Next Genius Scholarship sample paper.
Next Genius Scholarship Dates
|Next Genius Scholarship||Dates|
|Application Window Open||May 4, 2020|
|Application Last Date||October 2020|
|Scholarship Acceptance Deadline||May 2020|
|Online Assessment Level 1||October 2020|
|Level 1 Result||October 2020|
|Level 2 Form Submission||October 2020|
|College Allocation||November 2020|
|Student Confirms Allocation||November 2020|
|Full College Application Submission||December 2020|
|Scholarship Interview||January 2021|
Next Genius Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates must be currently pursuing their class 12/ grade 12 or equivalent
- Candidates can be:
- Indian citizens
- Indian citizen living abroad
- Overseas Citizen of India Cardholder
- Foreign nationals residing in India
- Candidates must also have the ability to manage their cost of living at college for a duration of 4 years. This can range up to INR 10,00,000 per year towards food, housing, flight, books and insurance.
Besides the basic eligibility criteria, the foundation also seeks out candidates with:
- Exceptional soft skills
- Ability to think critically
- A strong personal vision
Next Genius Scholarship Amount and Benefits
Candidates will be awarded the admission as well as complete tuition fee towards the college of their choice. The available colleges are:
- Beloit College
- Drew University
- Ithaca College
- Juniata College
- Knox College
- Lynn University
- Millsaps College
- Muhlenberg College
- Northwestern University
- Ohio Wesleyan University
- Syracuse University
- Texas Christian University
- The University of the South
- Union College
- University of Rochester
- Washington College
- Wheaton College
Next Genius Scholarship Application and Selection Procedure
- Step – 1: Interested candidates have to apply online and pay a registration fee of INR 300. The application window is scheduled to open in October 2020 (tentative) in the Next Genius Scholarship login.
- Step – 2: The official site to access the Next Genius Scholarship application form is https://www.next-genius.com/.
- Step – 3: Candidates will have to solve an online test that gauges their ability to think critically. The top-performing candidates will be shortlisted for the next stage. Note: the link for the test will be live only after the application window has commenced.
- Step – 4: Candidates that have cleared the Critical Thinking Test/ Next Genius Scholarship Test will be intimated about the various scholarships. They will also be invited to identify colleges of their choice.
- Step – 5: Candidates will submit an application to the preferred college
- Step – 6: Next Genius Scholarship Interviews are conducted and the finalists are awarded the scholarships. The award ceremony will be held publicly. Winners will have a limited amount of time to confirm their acceptance.
Note: The candidates must have the ability to pay for living costs at college for a duration of 4 years (up to INR 8 Lac per year towards housing, food, insurance, flights, books).
FAQs on Next Genius Scholarship 2020
What is the official website for the Next Genius Scholarship?
Candidates can access The Next Genius Scholarship official website at https://www.next-genius.com/.
When is the application period starting?
The application window is scheduled to begin in May 2020.
Students can also find more Scholarship Articles for 12th passed, 10th passed Students and many more.