NCERT Solutions for Class 9 Social Science Geography Chapter 1 India size and location
NCERT Solutions for class 9 SST Geography Chapter 1 India size and location
- Name the group of islands lying in the Arabian sea?
- Name the countries which are larger than India?
- Which island group of India lies to its south-east?
- Which island countries are our southern neighbors?
- Lakshadweep islands.
- Russia, Canada, USA, China, Brazil, and Australia.
- Andaman and Nicobar islands.
- Srilanka and Maldives
More Resources for CBSE Class 9
- NCERT Solutions
- NCERT Solutions Class 9 Maths
- NCERT Solutions Class 9 Science
- NCERT Solutions Class 9 Social Science
- NCERT Solutions Class 9 English
- NCERT Solutions Class 9 Hindi
- NCERT Solutions Class 9 Sanskrit
- NCERT Solutions Class 9 IT
- RD Sharma Class 9 Solutions
The sun rises two hours earlier in Arunachal Pradesh as compared to Gujarat in the west but the watches show the same time. How does this happen?
From Gujarat to Arunachal Pradesh, there is a time lag of two hours, but the watches show the same time because the time along the Standard Meridian of India (82° 30’E) passing through Mirzapur in Uttar Pradesh is taken as the standard time for the whole country. Because the same standard time for the whole country has been adopted, the watches show the same time in Arunachal Pradesh, Gujarat, and in all parts of the country.
The central location of India at the head of the Indian Ocean is considered of great significance. Why?
The trans-Indian Ocean routes which connect the countries of Europe in the West and the countries of East Asia provide a strategic central location to India.