NCERT Solutions for Class 4 EVS Chapter 2 Ear To Ear
NCERT PAGE NUMBER-11
Who has Got My Ears
1. The artist has drawn wrong ears on the heads of the animals. Give correct ears to the animal in the spaces given below
2. Different animals have different kinds of ears. Among the animals given below, which ones have ears that you can see? In which animal can you not see the ears? Write in the table.
Deer Frog Fish Ant Crow
Tiger Sparrow Buffalo Snake Lizard
Pg Duck Giraffe Elephant Cat
3. Do you think that the animals whose ears we cannot see really do not have ears?
Ans. No, actually they have ears but they are hidden
NCERT PAGE NUMBER 12
Let us observe this picture
1. Name the animals in the picture.
Ans. Hen, sparrow, duck, parrot, crow, frog
2. Can you see their ears?
Ans.No, we cannot see their ears.
3. Find out some other animals which have ears that we cannot see. Write their names.
Ans. Swan, fish, fly, mosquito, crocodile, etc
NCERT PAGE NUMBER 13
Read and Write
1.An animal with ears like fans:
2. An animal with ears like leaves
3. An animal with ears on the top of its head.
4.An animal with ears on both side of its head.
NCERT PAGE NUMBER 13-18
1. Now you know how to recognize animals by their ears. Let us see if we can recognize animals by their skin. Match the animals shown here with the pictures of their skin. Make the correct pattern of the skin on the picture of each animal.
2. You might have seen some of the animals given below:
Fox Elephant Sparrow pigeon
Frog Crow Peacock Pig
Mouse Cat Buffalo Duck
Hen Camel Lizard Cow
Put the name of the animals in the table:
3. In which list did you put the cow and buffalo?
Ans. Animals with hair on their body and whose ears can be seen
4. From a distance, can you see the hair on their skin.
Ans.Their hair cannot be seen from a distance
5. Try to go near one of them. Could you see hair?
Ans. After going near them hair on their body can be seen.
6. Can you tell which of the animals mentioned in the above list lay eggs? Find out and write the names of these animals in the green box.
7.Which of the animals in the list give birth to babies? Write their names in the red box. ,
8.Now, look again at the table on the previous pag6. Draw a line under the names of animals whose names are in the green box. Put a circle around the names of those animals whose names are in the red box
9. So, what did you note?
Ans. Those animals whose ears we can see have hair on their body. These animals give birth to the young ones. Those animals that do not have ears on the outside, do not have hair on their body. These animals lay eggs.
10. Have you seen animals, around your house or school, which have got small babies? Write their names in your notebook.
Ans. Dog, pig, cat, rat, etc.
11. Have you ever had a pet animal? Does anyone around have a pet?
Ans. I have a pet dog, and a pet parrot.
12. Find out about pet animal.
(a) What animal is it?
Ans. These are a dog and a parrot.
(b) Does it have a pet name?
Ans.Yes, we called dog-Tomy and parrot-Mithu
(c) Who gave it this name?
Ans. We gave them these names.
(d) What does it like to eat?
Ans.Dog eats meat, rice, bread, etc. and parrot eats chilli, gram, etc.
(e) How many times a day is it given food? ‘
Ans. Usually thrice a day.
(f) When does it sleep? For how long does it sleep?
Ans. Dog usually sleep in the day for about 5 to 6 hours.
And parrot usually sleeps in the night for about 8 to 10 hours.
(g) Is there any special way to look after this animal? How
Ans. We clean and bathe them regularly.
(h) Does it get angry? When? How do you know it is angry?
Ans. They get angry. When they see unknown persons they get angry. When they get angry they usually shout loudly.
(i) Does it have hair on its skin, or feathers?
Ans. Dog has hair on its body and parrot has feathers but no hair on its body.
(j) Can you see its ears?
Ans. I can see the dog’s ears. But parrot’s ears cannot be seen.
(k) Is it a baby or a young animal or a big one?
Ans. These are young animals.
(l) Will this animal lay eggs or give birth to babies?
Ans. A dog gives birth to babies while a parrot lays eggs.
(m) Does it have young ones?
(n) Draw a picture of this animal and colour it. Give it a name of your own
The name of my pet dog is Tomy and the name of my pet parrot is Mithu.
NCERT PAGE NUMBER 19-20
1. Look at this picture. Colour the parts which have even numbers (2, 4, 6, 8…). What do you see? Find out the name of the animal.
Ans.It is a dinosaur.
2. Have you seen any animal that looks little like a dinosaur? Do you know its name?
Ans. Yes, I have seen an animal that looks little like a dinosaur. Its name is lizard.
(Even a few other answers may be acceptable)
3. Look at this animal. Write its name. Do you know that this is our National Animal?
Ans. Its name is tiger. Yes, I know this is our National Animal.
4 . Where do they live?
Ans. They live in the wild-forests, grasslands, etc.
5. The numbers of this animal are going down in India.
Discuss why this could be happening?
Ans. The number of tigers is going down in India because of several causes. Some of the causes are given here
(a) People hunt them for their bones and skin.
(b) Deforestation. Because of deforestation, forests are disappearing which reduces their natural habitat.