National Scholarship Status 2019-2020: The National Scholarship Portal (NSP) is an online scholarship portal of numerous scholarships provided by the central government, state governments and various government agencies such as UGC (University Grants Commission), AICTE (All India Technical Education Council), etc. The National Scholarship status Portal is home to about 50 scholarships worth hundreds of crores among scholarship seekers registered on the platform. According to reports, the network has so far helped the government introduce and disburse more than 2,000 crores of Rs. scholarships. The platform includes more than 125 Lakh requests, of which 105 Lakhs applications have also been confirmed.
Earlier in the day, learners had to race from pillar to post to benefit from numerous academic scholarship programs and provide expensive documentation. The National Scholarship Portal (NSP) is a special and streamlined website to help students profit from academic scholarships in an effective and transparent manner. It is a one-stop solution that enables a number of services, such as student applications, receipt of applications, processing, sanctioning and disbursement of various scholarships to students. The National Scholarship Portal is used as a Work Mode Program under the National e-Governance Plan (NGP). Read on to find more about National Scholarship Status Checking.
The primary objectives for the formation of the NSP are:
- To ensure timely disbursement of scholarships to students.
- Provide a common portal for the various scholarship schemes of the central and state governments.
- Develop a simple repository of academics.
- Levitate duplication in processing.
- Harmonization of the various scholarship schemes and standards.
- Usage of the exchange of direct benefits.
Benefits of National Scholarship
Some of the countless advantages of NSP for students are:
- Simplified procedure for students All data on scholarships is made available under a single umbrella. One unified framework for all scholarships.
- Increased clarity: The system provides for programs for which an applicant is qualified.
- Duplication is minimized to a considerable degree.
- It helps to standardize master data for institutions and courses at the level of pan-India.
- Processing the grants.
- The NSP acts as a decision support system (DSS) for different ministries and agencies, as relevant information is available on request.
- Integrated MIS program to enable the control of all levels of disbursement of scholarships, i.e. from participant enrollment to distribution of funds.
National Scholarship Amount
Applicants can check the number of scholarships for minority students in the table below.
|Type of Financial Assistance||For Hosteller||For Day Scholar|
|Maintenance Allowance (For a period of ten months only)||Rs. 10,000/- Per year (Rs. 1000/- Per Month)||Rs. 5000/- Per year (Rs. 500/- Per Month)|
|Course Fee||Rs. 20,000/- Per year or actual, whichever is less.||Rs. 20,000/- Per year or actual, whichever is less.|
|Total||Rs. 30,000/-||Rs. 25,000/-|
National Scholarship Portal Registration?
National Scholarship Application Form can be downloaded from the National Scholarship Portal Registration. The application procedures for the use of Scholarship Schemes for both fresh cases and renewals are provided below.
New Cases: Tap on the ‘Student Account’ section on the home page of the National Scholarship Portal. Now, fill in the application as per the system instructions, then click the ‘Save’ tab. You will get a “Temporary Password” after saving the file. The application must ask you to apply your Temporary Identification, date of birth, and the following information. Once the registration is done, click on the’ submit’ button, the Permanent Registration ID will be created, which can be used for Renewal and to monitor the status of the submission.
For Renewals: You will ask for a renewal of your ‘User ID’ and the Date of Birth that you recorded last year. Students can also use the’ Forgot User Password’ to recover their Data. Only those applicants would be able to renew who had actually received the grant payments from NSP in the previous year.
How Can Student Login To NSP Portal?
In order to be able to take advantage of the above-listed government scholarships, applicants must enroll in the Student Login Portal, fill out the common application form and provide their personal and educational information. Upon submitting all the necessary details and completing the application form, you will be able to see a list of all the scholarships that you are eligible to apply for.
For your convenience, we have set up a step-by-step process to sign in to the National Scholarship Portal Registration and to fill out the application form. Please follow the steps below and ensure that all the information you provide is correct and accurate.
Step – 1: Check in to National Scholarship Portal (NSP)
- Next, link to the NSP official website.
- Select the ‘Student Password’ button on the home page and click it.
Step – 2: Register
- You need to register with the National Scholarship Portal before you can qualify for a scholarship.
- Provide all the information in the fields provided in this chapter.
Temporary Registration Number
- You will be presented with a 20-digit Temporary Registration Number after entering all the data and uploading the results.
- The Temporary Registration Number shall also be transferred to the approved mobile number of the claimant for future reference.
- You must save your Temporary Registration Number until you have completed your application process and have received a Permanent Registration Number.
Step – 3: Logging in National Scholarship
Portal Upon getting your Temporary Registration Number, you can log in to the NSP Portal using the Temporary Registration Number and your Birth Date.
Step – 4: Fill out the National Scholarship Portal Application Form
- After you have successfully completed the registration process and signed in to the Portal using your Temporary Registration Number and Birth Date, you will start filling out your personal and educational information.
- Ensure that the above details are correct as the balance of the scholarship will be transferred using personal and bank account records.
- In the educational chapter, please fill in your current and previous academic information.
- You will be able to see the different scholarships that you are eligible to apply for on the basis of your eligibility and class info, i.e. SC/ST/minority/deactivated, etc.
Step – 5: Uploading Documents
- You need to know that you can apply for multiple scholarships.
- If you qualify for a particular scholarship, a list of the reports to be applied to the chosen scholarship will be shown.
Step – 6: Contact Details
- After submitting the necessary documents, you will be required to provide your contact details to complete the application process.
- That was the application process for the Regional Scholarship Database. Now, let’s see how the status of your application form can be monitored.
Tracking NSP Application Status
Once you have successfully submitted an electronic NSP application form, you will print the application form by clicking on the’ Print Your Application’ section. You will check the status of your scholarship application by pressing the’ Test Your Status ‘ section on the NSP Portal.
FAQ’s on National Scholarship Status
What are the fields in the NSP Application Form that can not be edited at all?
Your Aadhar number and Enrollment ID are not editable at any stage of the process. Therefore, when filling out these areas, you will take extra care.
What’s the answer if some schemes are not shown in the drop-down menu?
If the program does not conform to the requirements according to the information given by the students in the application form, then these scholarships can not be awarded.
Can the information stored in the application form be changed and up to what time?
You will change all the data in the application form until the application form has been opened. After the final submission, the data will be moved to the next stage, after which the details can not be changed.