National Fellowship for OBC 2019-20: OBC’s National Fellowship is a UGC grant system financed under the Government of India by the Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment. This UGC grant is for the advantage of Other Backward Class (OBC) applicants. The unemployed OBC applicants are significantly endorsed under this National Fellowship for OBC students to conduct sophisticated studies and study aspiring to M.Phil. And Ph.D. in Science, Humanities, Social Science and Engineering & Technology. This UGC scholarship is given annually to a maximum of 300 applicants.
National Fellowship for OBC – Highlights
|Award details||Fellowship amount up to Rs. 28,000 per month along with contingency grant and assistance from escorts/reader for candidates with different skills|
|Eligibility||Candidates must be from the OBC Category. Must pursue M.Phil./Ph. D. Degree No more than Rs. 6 Lakh Annual revenue|
|Application process||Through the official website of UGC|
National Fellowship for OBC – Awards
This UGC fellowship provides financial support to a total of 300 candidates selected according to the eligibility criteria. Under OBC’s National Fellowship, the fellowship’s duration is 5 years, divided into the Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) and Senior Research Fellowship (SRF). List of selected candidates for national fellowship for OBC will be published at the official website.
JRF’s work is evaluated by a three-member committee comprising Department Head, Supervisor, and an external subject expert, and if the work is found to be satisfactory, the tenure of the candidates is further extended for a period of 3 years under the SRF’s enhanced rewards. National Fellowship for OBC Amount is Rs.25000 for first two years.
In addition, the amount of the fellowship is transferred directly to the awarded account via e-payment under DBT. In addition, the amount of the fellowship is transferred directly to the awarded account via e-payment under DBT. Find the quantity of the OBC National Fellowship as given to the applicants chosen below.
National Fellowship for OBC – Award details
|Fellowship amount||A monthly grant sum of Rs.25,000 for the first two years to JRF A grant sum of Rs.28,000 per month for the following commitment to SRF|
|Contingency grant for Humanities & Social Sciences students||An annual quantity of Rs. 10,000 for the original two years Rs. 20,500 per year for the following three years|
|Contingency grant for Science and Engineering & Technology students||Rs. 12,000 per year for the original two years Rs. 25,000 per year for the following three years|
|Escorts/Reader assistance to physically & visually challenged candidates||Rs. 2000 per month|
|HRA||As per the norms of the Government of India|
National Fellowship for OBC – Application Period
The National OBC Fellowship’s application period varies from year to year. Its application period, however, generally ranges from October to December. The request launched in the first week of October for the educational era of 2018-19, with the date dropping in the last week of December. Furthermore, applicants wanting to take advantage of this UGC grant must bear in mind that the timeline listed here is timely and may alter according to the membership provider’s path.
National Fellowship for OBC – Eligibility Criteria
OBC’s National Fellowship enables aspirants to study M.Phil full-time. Or doctoral degree program without UGC NET JRF or UGC-CSIR NET. Under this UGC scholarship system, 300 applicants are chosen annually for economic advantages. The information of qualifying circumstances to be fulfilled by candidates in an attempt to benefit from the advantages of this grant is given below.
- To qualify for this UGC grant, candidates must be homeless and adhere to the OBC group.
- The postgraduate examination must have been taken by the candidates.
- The candidates ‘ annual household earnings from all accounts must not exceed INR 6 Lakh.
- Applicants must be enrolled for periodic M.Phil./Ph.D. full-time. Science, Humanities, Social Science or Engineering & Technology program from universities/colleges/institutions recognized by UGC, State/Central Government or nationally significant institutions.
- As part of this UGC scholarship, transgender applicants are also permitted to register. The reservation is made in accordance with the Indian government’s standards.
National Fellowship for OBC – Application Process
UGC enables candidates to register the internet through its formal portal to render the registration method simpler and more effective for candidates. Follow the step-by-step manual below to complete your OBC National Fellowship request type.
- First, applicants must check and surf down the formal UGC portal to press the’ vision all’ button on the’ Scholarship / Fellowships ‘ section. A range of UGC’s scholarships and grants is shown.
- Go to the’ Fellowship’ section and press the’ Apply Now’ key provided under the OBC Candidate National Fellowship.
- The candidates must closely study the guidance and tap on ‘Continue to register.’
- In the registration form, complete the necessary information. Upon completion of the enrollment method, a registered identification is produced. The registration ID helps download the finished request form’s PDF file once it has been presented.
- The candidates must provide personal details, email data, educational details, details of the institute, study job descriptions, etc. while carrying out the application. Other information such as the information of the Supervisor, the details of the scholarship and the current job are also needed.
- Lastly, the applicants must check the request type filled in. Go to the statement chapter once you are fulfilled. Carefully read it and tap on ‘I agree’ to submit the application.
National Fellowship for OBC – Key Documents
While registering for this UGC grant, there are some significant papers that the candidates must maintain prepared with them. The range of important papers that applicants should have with them when carrying out the National Fellowship request document for OBC is highlighted below.
- Applicant’s caste license Income register of the applicant’s relatives issued by the competent authority
- Applicant’s license picture (color) and registration
- Mark of the master’s degree diploma given by Head of Department/Institution indicating that the required equipment will be supplied by the College/University/Institution in the event that applicants are chosen for this grant.
National Fellowship for OBC – Selection Procedure
The candidates receiving this UGC fellowship are selected based on merit and according to the UGC procedure. However, 3% of the complete spaces are allocated for people with disabilities (PwD) in the OBC class.
National Fellowship for OBC – Conditions
There are a couple of terms and conditions that applicants need to search for if they want to take advantage of this UGC scholarship. See below the table of National Fellowship terms and conditions for OBC applicants.
- Under this UGC scholarship, the institution’s applicants can be supplied with appropriate single-seat hostel facilities.
- OBC’s National Fellowship award is liable in addition to public holidays for a maximum of 30 days of leave per year. They also qualify for maternity/paternity leave in accordance with the Indian government’s standards.
- Within 3 months of awarding the grant, the applicants must attend the class.
- A copy of their Award Letter and Joining Report together with a photo, address and contact number in the prescribed format must also be submitted to the bank’s designated branch.
- The applicants chosen must also send a’ Continuation Certificate’ to the assigned office every three months.
- The applicants must also send their progress report to the office allocated to the UGC after completing one year of the scholarship.
FAQ’s on National Fellowship for OBC
In which field is the national fellowship being offered to students?
This fellowship is for the students aspiring to M.Phil. And Ph.D. in Science, Humanities, Social Science and Engineering & Technology.
In total, how many scholarships are offered under national fellowship?
This UGC scholarship is given annually to a maximum of 300 applicants.
How is the amount in this fellowship transferred to students?
The amount of the fellowship is transferred directly to the awarded account via e-payment under DBT.