National Accounting Talent Search (NATS): National Accounting Talent Search welcomes applications from undergraduate students who are seeking B.Com, BBA, BBM or any other degree course and are below 25 years of age. It is a national level competition administered at a junior and senior level to examine the accounting knowledge of the students. The key purpose of the competition is to stimulate young talents to apprehend the cause and subject of accounting.
The National Accounting Talent Search (NATS) competition is a sole initiative of the Indian Accounting Association. It was during the succeeding part of 2008 that the organization in its National Executive conference accepted the plan to organize such a competition at the National level. The purpose was primarily to drive young talent to understand the subject and cause of accounting. Since 2009 the competition is being arranged in all parts of India every year. During the initial years, NATS was arranged for undergraduate students only. Later on, the scope of the competition was increased to be organized at the senior level also in which any postgraduate or professional eligibility holder up to the age of 25 years can participate.
NATS Eligibility Conditions
- For Junior Level Competition: Any student doing B.com, BBA, BBM or any other undergraduate course.
- For Senior Level Competition: Any person below the age of 25 years as on July 1, 2019 (born after June 30, 1994)
|Position||Junior Level||Senior Level|
|Best Performance||Rs. 10,000 + Trophy + Certificate||Rs. 15,000 + Trophy + Certificate|
|Second Best Performance||Rs. 5,000 + Trophy + Certificate||Rs. 8,000 + Trophy + Certificate|
|Third Best Performance||Rs. 3,000 + Trophy + Certificate||Rs. 4,000 + Trophy + Certificate|
(all top one percent performers)
|Rs. 1,500 + Certificate||Rs. 2,000 + Certificate|
(all top ten percent performers)
|Rank from 50th to 90th percentile||Certificate||Certificate|
|Rank below 50th percentile||Certificate of participation||Certificate of participation|
|Centre Topper||Rs 1,000 + Trophy + Certificate||–|
(all top ten percent performers)
NATS Application Procedure
- Go to the official website and click on the registration link.
- Now, select the mode of payment, level and enter your date of birth.
- You can pay the fee either through credit card/debit card or net banking.
- For the junior level, the applicable fee is INR 250/- and for senior-level, the registration fee is INR 500/-.
- Click on the ‘Next’ button.
- Now, fill all the details in the application form.
- Upload all the supporting documents and submit the form.
Documents Required for NATS
- Attested mark sheet of class 12th.
- 1st and 2nd year of a graduation certificate from institution head stating that the candidate has not completed graduation.
NATS Important Dates
- Registration open from July 1, 2019, to 31 Dec 2019.
- Examination on Sunday, 2nd Feb 2020
NATS Exam Pattern
|Question Paper type||Objective|
|Number of questions||100|
|Marking Scheme||Correct Answer – 4 marks
Wrong Answer – 1 mark
|Subject Covered||Junior Level: Financial Accounting, Cost Accounting and Management Accounting generally of B.Com.
Senior Level: Based on UGC (NET) syllabus
NATS Syllabus of the Courses
- Financial Accounting Cycle including Journal, Day Books, Ledger, Trial Balance, Adjustment Entries, Final Accounts, Rectification of Errors,
- Bank Reconciliation Statement, Depreciation Accounting, Accounting for Non-Profit Making Organizations, Accounting for consignment and joint venture, insurance claims.
- Partnership Accounts, Accounting for issue, reissue, and forfeiture of shares, issue, and redemption of preference shares and debentures.
- Costing Concepts, elements, and Classification of Cost, Unit Costing.
- Elementary knowledge of IND AS
- Financial & Management Accounting
- Basic Accounting concepts, Capital and Revenue, Financial statements
- Partnership Accounts: Admission, Retirement, Death, Dissolution and Cash Distribution.
- Advanced Company Accounts: Issue, forfeiture, Purchase of Business, Liquidation, Valuation of shares, Amalgamation, Absorption, and Reconstruction, Holding Company Accounts.
- Cost and Management Accounting: Ratio Analysis, Funds Flow Analysis, Cash Flow Analysis, Marginal costing and Break-even analysis, Standard costing, Budgetary control, Costing for decision-making.
- Responsibility accounting
- Data types, Data collection and analysis, sampling need, errors and methods of sampling, Normal distribution, Hypothesis testing, Analysis and Interpretation of Data.
- Correlation and Regression, small sample tests-t-test, F-test and chi-square test.
- Financial Management
- Capital Structure, Financial and Operating leverage
- Cost of capital, Capital budgeting
- Working capital management
- Dividend Policy
Advanced Accounting and Finance
- Accounting standards: IND AS and IFRS, Responsibility Accounting, Social Accounting.
- Money and Capital market, Working of stock exchanges in India, NSE, OTCEI, NASDAQ, Derivatives, and Options.
- Regulatory Authorities: SEBI, Ratting Agencies; New Instruments: GDRs, ADRs
- Venture Capital Funds, Mergers, and Acquisitions, Mutual Funds, Lease Financing, Factoring, Measurement of risk and returns, securities and portfolios
Income Tax and Tax Planning
- Basic concepts, Residential status, and tax incidence, exempted incomes, computation of taxable income under various heads.
- Computation of taxable income of individuals and firms.
- Deduction of tax, filing of returns, different types of assessment; Defaults and penalties.
- Tax planning: Concepts, significance and problems of tax planning, Tax evasion, and tax avoidance, methods of tax planning.
- Tax considerations in specific business decisions, viz., make or buy; own or lease, retain or replace; export or domestic sales; shut-down or closure; expand or contract; invest or disinvest
- Computer Application in Income Tax and Tax Planning.
NATS Exam Centers
- Baru Sahib(Sirmour)
- Vidya Nagar
FAQ’s on Natio0nal Accounting Talent Search
What is the National Accounting Talent Search Competition?
National Accounting Talent Search (NATS) competition is a sole initiative of the Indian Accounting Association for undergraduate students to examine the accounting knowledge of the students at a junior and senior level.
What are the important dates for NATS?
- Registration opens – 1st July 2019
- Registration closes – 31st December 2019
- Date of Examination – 2nd February 2020
How to Apply for NATS 2019-20?
- Go to the official website.
- Under the Exam icon at the topmost bar, click on registration.
- Make the required payment based on Junior and senior-level through debit/credit card.
- Keep your scanned copy of the photo and signature.
- After payment is done, click on the Next button.
- Fill the application form and upload the required documents.
- Submit the form.
How to make Online payment?
- Deposit Rs Amount in any branch of State Bank of Bikaner and Jaipur in the account of Coordinator, National Accounting Talent Search (Account No 61060736681), No bank charges are to be paid.
- Send a Demand Draft in Favour of Coordinator, National Accounting Talent Search payable at Udaipur Rajasthan and send it to Prof. G. Soral, Coordinator, National Accounting Talent Search, Department of Accountancy and Statistics, UCCMS, Mohanlal Sukhadia University, Udaipur- 313 001 Rajasthan
- You can make payment online via Debit card/Credit Card and NetBanking, We accept all bank cards.