Free PDF Download of CBSE Class 10 Social Science Geography Chapter 3 Water Resources Multiple Choice Questions with Answers. MCQ Questions for Class 10 Social Science with Answers was Prepared Based on Latest Exam Pattern. Students can solve NCERT Class 10 Social Science Water Resources Multiple Choice Questions with Answers to know their preparation level.
Class 10 Social Science MCQs Chapter 3 Water Resources
1. Which one of the following statements is not an argument in favour of multi-purpose river projects? (Textbook)
(a) Multi-purpose projects bring water to those areas which suffer from water scarcity.
(b) Multi-purpose projects by regulating water flow help to control floods.
(c) Multi-purpose projects lead to large-scale displacements and loss of livelihood.
(d) Multi-purpose projects generate electricity for our industries and our homes.
2. Which is not a source of fresh water?
(a) Glaciers and ice sheets
(c) Surface run off
3. According to Falkan Mark, water stress occurs when:
(a) water availability is less than 1000 cubic metre per person per day.
(b) there is no water scarcity.
(c) there is flood.
(d) water availability is more than 1000 cubic metre per person per day.
4. Which of the following are not causes of water scarcity?
(a) Growing population
(b) Growing of water intensive crop
(c) Expansion of irrigation facilities
(d) Individual wells and tubewells in farms
(e) Water harvesting technique
(g) Roof top harvesting system
Answer: (e) and (g)
5. Bhakra Nangal River Valley Project is made on the river:
6. Hirakud Dam is constructed on the river:
7. Water of Bhakra Nangal Project is being used mainly for:
(a) hydel power and irrigation
(b) fish breeding and navigation
(c) industrial use
(d) flood control
8. The diversion channels seen in the Western Himalayas are called:
(a) Guls or Kuls
(d) Recharge pits
9. Agricultural fields which are used as rainfed storage structures are called:
(c) Recharge pits
(d) None of the above
10. Underground tanks seen in Rajasthan to store rainwater for drinking is called:
11. In Western Rajasthan today plenty of water is available due to:
(a) rooftop water harvesting
(b) perennial Rajasthan Canal
(c) construction of Tankas
(d) none of the above
12. Bamboo drip irrigation system is prevalent in:
(d) Madhya Pradesh
13. The only State which has made rooftop rainwater harvesting structure compulsory to all the houses is:
(a) Andhra Pradesh
(c) Tamil Nadu
(d) West Bengal
14. The remote village that has earned the rare distinction of being rich in rainwater?
(d) none of the above
15. Which one of the following is not an adverse effect of irrigation?
(a) Irrigation changes cropping pattern
(b) Water intensive crops are grown in dry areas
(c) Salinisation of soil
(d) Increases crop yield
16. Which of the following social movements is/ are not a resistance to multi-purpose projects?
(a) Narmada Bachao Andolan
(b) Tehri Dam Andolan
(d) Chipko Movement
Answer: (c) and (d)
We hope the given MCQ Questions for Class 10 Social Science Water Resources with Answers will help you. If you have any query regarding CBSE Class 10 Social Science Geography Chapter 3 Water Resources Multiple Choice Questions with Answers, drop a comment below and we will get back to you at the earliest.