Free PDF Download of CBSE Class 10 Social Science Economics Chapter 2 Sectors of Indian Economy Multiple Choice Questions with Answers. MCQ Questions for Class 10 Social Science with Answers was Prepared Based on Latest Exam Pattern. Students can solve NCERT Class 10 Social Science Sectors of Indian Economy MCQs with Answers to know their preparation level.
Class 10 Social Science MCQs Chapter 2 Sectors of Indian Economy
1. GDP stands for Gross Domestic Product. What does it show? Pick up the correct statement given below:
(a) It shows how big is the economy of a country in a given year in terms of its total output.
(b) It shows what the total product of a country in a given year without counting the country’s total resources.
(c) It shows the number of people involved in production in a particular year.
(d) It shows the total value of trade trans-actions of a country in a particular year.
2. Employment figures of a country are based on data collected from 5-yearly survey on employment and unemployment. Which organisation conducts this survey?
(a) NSSO—National Sample Survey Organisation
(b) NREGA 2005—National Rural Employment Guarantee Act, 2005
(c) ILO — International Labour Organisation
(d) Census of India
3. Identify the natural product from the list of items given below:
(b) Wheat flour
(d) Tomtao sauce
4. Which of the following examples does not fall under unorganized sector?
(a) A farmer irrigating his field.
(b) A daily wage labourer working for a contractor.
(c) A doctor in a hospital treating a patient.
(d) A handloom weaver working on a loom in her house.
5. Identify the correct answer from the alternatives provided.
Both Tisco and Reliance Industries are owned by :
(a) The government
(b) Private company
(c) A cooperative society
(d) Jointly by private companies and the govt.
6. NREGA (National Rural Employment Guarantee Act of 2005) has guaranteed ………. days of employment in a year in many districts of India. What are the correct number of days?
(a) 200 days
(b) 100 days
(c) 30 days
(d) 60 days
7. Choose one correct statement from the following:
Underemployment occurs —
(a) when people are not willing to work.
(b) when people are working slowly.
(c) when people are working less than what they are capable of doing.
(d) when people are not paid for their jobs.
8. Which sector has emerged as the largest producing sector in India. Select one from the following alternatives:
(a) Secondary sector
(b) Tertiary sector
(c) Primary sector
(d) Science and Technology sector
9. Where will you find the disguised unemployment most? Select the correct option from those given below:
(a) Among agricultural workers working for small farm lands
(b) Among part-time industrial workers
(c) In most of the government offices
(d) In big private companies
10. How do big private companies contribute in the development of a nation?
(a) By increasing the demands for their products through advertisements.
(b) By increasing their profits.
(c) By increasing productivity of the country in the manufacturing of industrial goods.
(d) By providing private hospital facilities for the rich.
Fill in the Blanks
1. Tertiary sector is also called ……….. .
2. Communication and banking come under ……….. sector.
3. Cotton cultivation falls under ……….. sector.
4. In the public sector, the ……….. owns most of the assets and provides all services.
5. In the Private sector, the ownership lies in the hands of ……….. .
6. Most of the jobs are ……….. and ……….. paid in the unorganised sector.
7. Protection and support to the unorganised sector is needed for both ……….. and ……….. development.
8. Bankers and truck drivers belong to ……….. sector of the economy.
1. Service sector
5. private companies
6. unsecure, lowly
7. economic and social
We hope the given MCQ Questions for Class 10 Social Science Sectors of Indian Economy with Answers will help you. If you have any query regarding CBSE Class 10 Social Science Economics Chapter 2 Sectors of Indian Economy Multiple Choice Questions with Answers, drop a comment below and we will get back to you at the earliest.