Free PDF Download of CBSE Class 10 Social Science Economics Chapter 1 Development Multiple Choice Questions with Answers. MCQ Questions for Class 10 Social Science with Answers was Prepared Based on Latest Exam Pattern. Students can solve NCERT Class 10 Social Science Development MCQs with Answers to know their preparation level.
Class 10 Social Science MCQs Chapter 1 Development
1. What will be the top priority in the developmental goal of a landless labourer?
(a) Expansion of rural banking
(b) More days of work and better wages
(c) Metal roads for transportation
(d) Establishment of a high school
2. What will be the aspiration of an educated urban unemployed youth?
(a) An educated urban unemployed youth will aspire for better opportunities in agriculture.
(b) Support from government at every step in life for his upward movement.
(c) An urban educated unemployed will aspire for good job opportunities where his education can be made use of.
(d) Better facilities of recreation for his leisure time.
3. Pick out the correct meaning listed below to define ‘average income’.
(a) Average income of the country means the total income of the country.
(b) The average income in a country is the income of only employed people.
(c) The average income is the same as per capita income.
(d) The average income includes the value of property held.
4. Which country can be considered as a developed country in the modern world? Select your answer from the following statements.
(a) Countries which have accumulated huge amount of wealth and always secures the future of their citizens. These countries are considered to be developed.
(b) Countries which are among the highest in the ‘Human Development Index’ are considered to be the developed countries.
(c) Only rich countries are considered to be developed because people have money to buy everything needed for human beings—both material and non-material.
(d) Iran is a rich country and therefore it is a developed country.
5. Money cannot buy all the goods and services that we may need to have a good life. A list of things required for a good life is given below. Which among the following are things money cannot buy?
(i) Full protection from infectious diseases
(ii) High quality education
(in) A luxury home
(iv) A pollution-free atmosphere in every part of the country
(a) (i) and(ii)
(b) (ii) and (iii)
(c) (i), (ii) and (in)
(d) (i) and (iv)
6. HDI stands for ‘Human Development Index’ that focuses on Fill in the blanks with one of the following options:
(a) life expectancy
(b) gross enrolment ratio for three levels of schooling
(c) national income
(d) All the above
7. Kerala has a low infant mortality rate. What could be the reason? Find the correct answer from the following:
(a) Kerala has a low infant mortality rate because all the girls are trained at the primary level schooling to look after a newborn child.
(b) Because most of the girls are nurses in Kerala.
(c) Because Kerala has very high female literacy rate and adequate health facilities are available for both mothers and children.
(d) Kerala’s good climatic condition helps infants to survive.
8. What would be the most promising source of energy fifty years from now and why?
(a) Petroleum energy, because it is obtained from fossil fuels.
(b) Solar energy, because it is not exhaustible.
(c) Coal based energy, because it is pollution- free.
(d) Forest product based energy, because India has abundant forests.
9. Pick out the cause (from below) that enhances environmental degradation:
(a) Planting of trees.
(b) Prevention of factory wastes getting mixed up with river water.
(c) Ban on use of plastic bags.
(d) Allowing increase in the level of exhaust fumes emitted by cars, buses, trucks, etc.
We hope the given MCQ Questions for Class 10 Social Science Development with Answers will help you. If you have any query regarding CBSE Class 10 Social Science Economics Chapter 1 Development Multiple Choice Questions with Answers, drop a comment below and we will get back to you at the earliest.