Free PDF Download of CBSE Class 10 Social Science Civics (Political Science) Chapter 3 Democracy and Diversity Multiple Choice Questions with Answers. MCQ Questions for Class 10 Social Science with Answers was Prepared Based on Latest Exam Pattern. Students can solve NCERT Class 10 Social Science Democracy and Diversity Multiple Choice Questions with Answers to know their preparation level.
Class 10 Social Science MCQs Chapter 3 Democracy and Diversity
1. Which of the following statements about social differences in the Netherlands and Northern Ireland are correct?
A. Both Northern Ireland and the Netherlands are predominantly Christian but divided between Catholics and Protestants.
B. In Northern Ireland class and religion overlap each other.
C. Overlapping social differences do not create possibilities of deep social divisions and tensions.
D. In the Netherlands, class and religion tend to cut across each other.
(a) A, B, C and D
(b) A, B and D
(c) C and D
(d) B, C and D
2. Which of these statements regarding factors affecting politics of social divisions are true?
A. It is much easier if the people see that their identities are multiple and are complementary with national identity.
B. If people see their identities in singular and exclusive terms, it becomes very easy to accommodate.
C. It is easier to accommodate demands that are within the constitutional framework and not at the cost of another community.
D. It depends on how the government reacts to demands of different groups.
E. Attempts at forced integration do not sow the seeds of disintegration.
(a) A and B are true.
(b C and B are true.
(c A, B and C are true.
(d) A, C and D are true.
3. Identify the countries which faced the problem of social divisions.
(a) Belgium, Germany and USA
(b) Belgium, Sri Lanka and U.K.
(c) Sri Lanka, Canada and India
(d) U.K., USA and India
4. Which one of the following statements is not correct about social division?
(a) Too many small divisions are better than a single big division.
(b) Politics is a force of unity when expressions of various kinds of social divisions occur.
(c) It is only in countries like India that we have social divisions.
(d) Assertion of social diversities in a country need not be seen as a source of danger.
Fill in the Blanks
1. All kinds of social differences are not based on accident of (i) ………… Some of the differences are based on our (ii) ………… .
2. Every social (i) ………… does not lead to social division. Social differences divide similar people from one another, but they also unite very (ii) ………… people.
3. We all have more than one ………… and can belong to more than one social group.
4. In …………, people who live in different regions speak different languages.
5. People belonging to different social groups, share differences and similarities ………… across the boundaries of their groups.
6. Most countries of the world are ………… cultural.
7. In a democracy ………… expression of social divisions is normal and can be healthy.
8. Expression of various kinds of social divisions in ………… often results in their cancelling one another and reducing their intensity.
9. ………… is the best way to fight for recognition and also to accommodate diversity.
1. (i) birth (ii) choice
2. (i) difference (ii) different
We hope the given MCQ Questions for Class 10 Social Science Democracy and Diversity with Answers will help you. If you have any query regarding CBSE Class 10 Social Science Political Science (Civics) Chapter 3 Democracy and Diversity Multiple Choice Questions with Answers, drop a comment below and we will get back to you at the earliest.