Free PDF Download of CBSE Class 10 Science Chapter 8 How do Organisms Reproduce? Multiple Choice Questions with Answers. MCQ Questions for Class 10 Science with Answers was Prepared Based on Latest Exam Pattern. Students can solve NCERT Class 10 Science How do Organisms Reproduce? Multiple Choice Questions with Answers to know their preparation level.
Class 10 Science MCQs Chapter 8 How do Organisms Reproduce?
1. During favourable conditions, Amoeba reproduces by
(a) multiple fission
(b) binary fission
2. A feature of reproduction that is common to Amoeba, Yeast and Spirogyra is that
(a) they reproduce asexually
(b) they are all unicellular
(c) they reproduce only sexually
(d) they are all multicellular
3. The ability of a cell to divide into several cells during reproduction in Plasmodium is called
(b) multiple fission
(c) binary fission
(d) reduction division
4. Bryophyllum can be propagated vegetatively by the
5. Vegetative propagation refers to formation of new plants from
(a) stem, flowers and fruits
(b) stem, leaves and flowers
(c) stem, roots and flowers
(d) stem, roots and leaves
6. In a potato, vegetative propagation takes place by:
(c) stem tuber
7. Vegetatively propagated plants
(a) do not bear roots
(b) do not bear buds
(c) are genetically similar
(d) are genetically dissimilar
8. Spirogyra reproduce by
9. In Rhizopus, tubular thread like structures bearing sporangia at their tips are called
10. Plants like banana, rose, jasmine, orange have lost the capacity to produce
11. The flower of the Hibiscus plant is
(d) very small
12. The part of the flower which is present in the centre of the flower is
13. The seed that contains the future plant is called the
(b) seed coat
(c) germ cells
14. The period of pregnancy is called
(a) gestation period
(b) incubation period
(d) menstruation period
15. The process of release of eggs from the ovary is called
16. The period during adolescence when the reproductive tissues begin to mature is called
17. In human beings, the fertilization occurs in the
(c) fallopian tubes
18. Along the path of the vas-deferens the secretions of which gland provide nutrition to the sperms?
(a) Prostate glands
(b) Seminal vesicles
(d) Urinary bladder
19. The embryo in humans gets nutrition from the mother’s blood with the help of a special tissue called
20. Which among the following diseases is not sexually transmitted?
21. Which of the following method of contraception protects from acquiring sexually trans¬mitted diseases?
22. In human males, the testes lie in the scrotum, because it helps in the
(a) process of mating
(b) formation of sperms
(c) easy transfer of gametes
(d) secretion of estrogen
Fill in the Blanks
1. The process of reproduction involving only one cell or one parent is called ………….. .
2. ………….. is a duct coming from the urinary bladder which carries sperms.
3. Process of fertilization takes place in the ………….. tube in humans.
4. ………….. is the ability of an organism to replace its lost body parts.
5. ………….. is called the production of new plants from stems, roots or leaves.
6. ………….. is the term used to refer to the commencement of menstruation at puberty.
7. ………….. is the virus that causes AIDS.
1. Uniparental/ Asexual reproduction
2. Vas deferens
5. Vegetative propagation
7. HIV-Human Immuno Virus
We hope the given MCQ Questions for Class 10 Science How do Organisms Reproduce? with Answers will help you. If you have any query regarding CBSE Class 10 Science Chapter 8 How do Organisms Reproduce? Multiple Choice Questions with Answers, drop a comment below and we will get back to you at the earliest.