Free PDF Download of CBSE Class 10 Science Chapter 7 Control and Coordination Multiple Choice Questions with Answers. MCQ Questions for Class 10 Science with Answers was Prepared Based on Latest Exam Pattern. Students can solve NCERT Class 10 Science Control and Coordination Multiple Choice Questions with Answers to know their preparation level.
Class 10 Science MCQs Chapter 7 Control and Coordination
1. Which plant hormone promotes dormancy in seeds and buds?
(d) Abscisic acid
2. Roots of plants are:
(a) positively geotropic
(b) negatively geotropic
(c) positively phototropic
(d) None of these
3. Response of plant roots towards water is called:
4. Movement of sunflower in accordance with the path of Sun is due to
5. Which plant hormone promotes cell division?
(d) Abscisic acid
6. The main function of abscisic acid in plants is
(a) to promote cell division.
(b) to inhibit growth.
(c) to promote growth of stem.
(d) to increase the length of cells.
7. Fall of mature leaves and fruits from plants is triggered by which of the following substance?
(d) Abscisic acid
8. Any change in the environment to which an organism responds is called
9. A part of the body which responds to the in-structions sent from nervous system is called
10. The longest fibre on the cell body of a neuron is called
11. Which nerves transmit impulses from the cen¬tral nervous system towards muscle cells?
(a) Sensory nerves
(b) Motor nerves
(c) Relay nerves
(d) Cranial nerves
12. A microscopic gap between a pair of adjacent neurons over which nerve impulses pass is called
Give the missing term.
(a) Spinal cord
(c) Cranial nerves
(d) Relay nerves
14. The highest coordinating centre in the human body is
(a) spinal cord
15. Main function of cerebrum is
16. Posture and balance of the body is controlled by
(b) Medulla oblongata
17. Breathing is controlled by which part of the brain?
(d) Medulla oblongata
18. Which part of nervous system controls the re¬flex activities of the body?
(b) Spinal cord
19. Which of the following acts as both endocrine and exocrine gland?
20. Identify which of the following statements about thyroxin is incorrect?
(a) Thyroid gland requires iodine to synthesize thyroxin.
(b) Thyroxin is also called thyroid hormone.
(c) It regulates protein, carbohydrates and fat metabolism in the body.
(d) Iron is essential for the synthesis of thyroxin.
21. Which gland secretes the growth hormone?
(a) Pituitary gland
22. The secretion of which hormone leads to physical changes in the body when you are 10-12 years of age?
(a) Oestrogen from testes and testosterone from ovar.
(b) Estrogen from adrenal gland and testosterone from pituitary gland.
(c) Testosterone from testes and estrogen from ovary.
(d) Testosterone from thyroid gland and estrogen from pituitary gland.
23. A diabetic patient suffers from deficiency of which hormone?
24. Which of the following endocrine glands does not exist in pairs?
Fill in the Blanks
1. Control and coordination are the functions of the nervous system and ……… in our body.
2. The nervous system uses ……… impulses to transmit messages.
3. Central nervous system consists of ……… and ……… .
4. Largest part of the brain is ……… .
5. Defeciency of ……… hormone in childhood leads to dwarfism in humans.
6. The growth of pollen tubes towards the ovules is the result of a ……… movement.
3. brain, spinal cord
We hope the given MCQ Questions for Class 10 Science Control and Coordination with Answers will help you. If you have any query regarding CBSE Class 10 Science Chapter 7 Control and Coordination Multiple Choice Questions with Answers, drop a comment below and we will get back to you at the earliest.