LPU Scholarship 2020: Every year top international candidates of the highest caliber and with outstanding achievements get LPU Scholarships on tuition fees for the complete duration of the regular courses.
Lovely Professional University (LPU) strongly believes in the fact that monetary constraints should not be an obstacle for a student to have access to quality education. So, the University extends the Scholarship Scheme which is an initiative by the University to cultivate the talent of candidates that may be hidden due to financial constraints. Scholarship can be availed in all the courses of the University, ranging from Diploma to Ph.D. In the last seven years, the University has presented scholarships worth Rs.100+ Crores.
List of LPU Scholarships
Apart from the scholarship on the basis of the LPUNEST-2019 / Qualifying Examination explained above, LPU also offers scholarships in the following areas to provide financial assistance to the excellent candidates to enable them to pursue professional education.
- Scholarship on the basis of Performance in Sports
- Scholarship on the basis of Performance in Social Service & Bravery Awards
- Fee Concession for Defence, Central Armed Police Forces(CAPF) personnel and their dependents
- Special Scholarship scheme of full courses Fee and Residential Fee waiver to top 20 candidates of every recognized board (State as well as Central)
- Scholarship for Orphan Applicants
- Scholarship on the basis of Performance in Cultural, R&D and Co-curricular activities
- Scholarship for Persons with Certain Disability
LPU Scholarship Categories
Scholarships are awarded to candidates based on their performance on any of the following categories:
- Eligibility Qualification – for example, 10+2 for Undergraduate courses and graduation for PG courses
- LPUNEST: (LPU National Entrance & Scholarship Test
- Certain National Level Tests (like JEE (Main), NEET, UCEED, CAT, MAT, GATE, GPAT, etc.
- Performance in Sports, Cultural, R&D, Co-curricular, Social Service and Bravery Awards
- Special Scholarships and/or Fee Concessions
- For Ph.D. Applicants (Scholarship phases as given below are not applicable)
- Defense and Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF) personnel and their dependants
- Toppers of Education Board
- Scholarship for Orphan Applicants
- Scholarship for Person with Certain Disability
Note: Scholarship brackets and/or Phases gave below are not applicable for special scholarship and /or fee concession.
LPU Scholarship Brackets
For each category given above, three brackets of Scholarship (Bracket 1, 2 and 3) are defined. Each bracket represents specific criteria (for example scores in qualifying exam) which an applicant has to reach for him/her to fall in that particular bracket. The criteria in each bracket decreases as it proceeds and so does the scholarships. So, the candidates meeting the requirement of Bracket- 1 gets the highest Scholarship and those in Bracket – 2 or 3 get a relatively lesser scholarship.
LPU Scholarship Phases
The amount of Scholarship also depends on the Phase in which the candidate takes Admission to the University. Admissions in LPU is done in different Phases, which are bifurcations of the Admission time period. Phase 1 starts as early as January 2020 and continues until the end of April 2020. The subsequent phases (Phase 2, 3, 4) are conducted only if the seats in the concerned courses remain vacant. The amount of Scholarship reduces with each passing phase and no Scholarship is presented in Phase 4 (if conducted).
Amount of Scholarship in Different Phases and Brackets
The Scholarship amount/ percentage varies as per the following table
|Phase I||50% of courses Fee||40% of courses Fee||30% of courses Fee|
|Phase II||40% of courses Fee||30% of courses Fee||20% of courses Fee|
|Phase III||30% of courses Fee||20% of courses Fee||10% of courses Fee|
For B.Tech. Computer Science & Engineering courses (Including Hons., Integrated, Dual and Lateral Entry), Under Graduate Agriculture courses, Post Graduate Agriculture courses, and MBA courses.
|Phase I||40% of courses Fee||30% of courses Fee||20% of courses Fee|
|Phase II||30% of courses Fee||20% of courses Fee||10% of courses Fee|
|Phase III||20% of courses Fee||15% of courses Fee||10% of courses Fee|
Eligibility of LPU Scholarship
Scholarship brackets for various categories are detailed below
- Bracket 1 – candidates scoring more than 95% marks in eligibility criteria falls in Bracket -1 and are thus eligible for Scholarship of 50% of courses fee in Phase-1.
- Bracket 2 – candidates scoring between 90% to 94.99% marks in eligibility criteria falls in Bracket-2 and are thus eligible for Scholarship of 40% of courses fee in Phase-1.
- Bracket 3 – candidates scoring between 80% to 89.99% marks in eligibility criteria falls in Bracket -3 and are thus eligible for Scholarship of 30% of courses fee in Phase-1.
Note: For Lateral Entry courses, in addition to the Eligibility Criterion, Scholarship will also be presented on the basis of criteria previous to Eligibility criterion. For example, someone seeking admission in B.Tech (Lateral Entry) can seek scholarships on the basis of Diploma (Eligibility Qualification) or 10th (criteria previous to Diploma).
Documents Required for LPU Scholarship
Once you submit your application form, you need to upload your following documents
- Transcript (Mark-sheet) of your previous qualifications.
- Copy of the passport/ National ID. If you do not hold a passport right now still you can
- apply and can submit a copy of the passport later on.
After the assessment of your documents, you will get one of the following three from our side:
- An “Offer Letter” (OL), in case you have submitted the transcript of the qualifying exam and you, are eligible for admission. Then, we will allow you to take provisional admission to the courses applied.
- A “Conditional Offer Letter” (OL), in case your result of the qualifying exam is awaited, we will allow you to take provisional admission in the courses applied. Admission will only be confirmed after submission of the final result.
- An email of regret and alternate courses option for you, in case you are not eligible to take admission in the courses applied.
Scholarship on The Basis of LPUNEST
For each Scholarship bracket, cut-offs are defined by the University and accordingly the Scholarships as given in Table – 1 are offered. To know the provisional cut-off for various courses and an approximate number of candidates falling in different categories, refer to the university website.
National Level Tests
Performance in the following National Level Tests is considered for offering Scholarship in LPU:
JEE (Mains), NEET, GATE, GPAT, CAT, MAT, XAT, UCEED, CEED, CLAT, LSAT, NATA.
For every test given above, LPU has defined the cut-offs for various Scholarship brackets. As an example, the cut-off for different Scholarship brackets on the basis of JEE(Mains) and GATE is given below.
JEE (Mains) And GATE Cut-Off for Scholarship
|Cut-Off||Prescribed Cut-Off for
|Prescribed Cut-Off for
|Bracket-1 Cut-Off||More than or equal to 201 marks||More than or equal to 98 percentile|
|Bracket-2 Cut-Off||More than or equal to 150.1 but less than 200 marks||More than or equal to 95 percentile but less than 98 percentile|
|Bracket-3 Cut-Off||More than or equal to 100 marks but less than 150 marks||More than or equal to 90 percentile but less than 95 percentile|
LPU Scholarship Terms and Conditions
- Grant of Scholarship is subject to verification of original transcripts, certificates and other documents as required by the University at the time of reporting of the student at the University.
- Percentage in the Qualifying examination represents percentage of aggregate marks and for the purpose of calculation of aggregate marks, in addition to the marks obtained in the subjects considered essential by awarding board/university for passing the examination, marks obtained in other subject(s) as and if prescribed under the respective eligibility criteria of LPU will also be taken into account. If a student is not able to satisfy the eligibility criteria as per the criteria given above, then all the subjects registered for the purpose of the qualifying exam may be considered for calculating aggregate marks for Admissions only not for the purpose of scholarship.
- In case, an applicant is eligible for a Scholarship scheme as well as for any other monetary benefit under any other scheme or policy of LPU, then he/she has to opt for only one scheme of his/her choice.
- In addition to LPU Scholarship, if a student gets scholarship from a Government / NGO / any other organization, then LPU Scholarship will be restricted to amount obtained by subtracting scholarship received from Government / NGO / any other organization from total applicable fees (including charges for Residential/ Transport/Food Facility, If any subject to maximum for a year for Non-AC three-seater residential facility).
- If a student earlier admitted for a course under scholarship scheme, later on, applies for courses transfer; the scholarship would be applicable as per the course transfer policy of the university.
- The scholarship will be applicable to the Tuition fee (per semester) for the standard duration of the program. It would not cover the fee for any other fee component/facilities like Backlog / re-appear / Make up fee etc.
FAQ’s On LPU Scholarship
Who is eligible for the LPU Scholarship?
10+2 for Undergraduate courses and graduation for PG courses.
What is LUPNEST?
Lovely Professional University conducts its own test LPUNEST (National Entrance & Scholarship Test). This test forms the basis of eligibility for some of the courses and scholarships for most of the courses. The amount of scholarship depends on the fee of the courses, date of admission and performance of the student in LPUNEST.
How to Apply for LPU Scholarship?
- The application form will be in a format that can be processed by Optical Mark Reader (OMR).
- LPUNEST Kit consists of:
- University Information Brochure comprising details of Infrastructure, Global Character, Placements, Academics, Student Services, Campus life, etc.
- LPUNEST Booklet comprising details of courses applicable, Eligibility, Fee and Scholarship, Schedule of Test, Question Paper Pattern, Test Cities, etc.
- Application fee once paid will not be refunded.
How much is the application fee?
- The cost of the Application form and Soft copy of LPUNEST Kit is ₹800 (for Boys) and ₹500 (for Girls).
- Cost of an Application form and Printed LPUNEST Kit is ₹1000 (for Boys) and ₹700 (for Girls).
Students can also find more Scholarship Articles for 12th passed, 10th passed Students and many more.