Kothari Scholarship 2019: Kothari Fellowship is a post-doctoral research fellowship launched by UGC in order to enable young researchers to pursue a career in academia or research. This post-doctoral fellowship provides an opportunity for Ph.D. holders to acquire new skills, expand their horizons, and transition to cross-disciplinary areas. Started with the goal of popularizing post-doctoral research culture in our country, DS Kothari Fellowship 2019 is awarded to at least 500 eligible candidates with a rate of up to Rs.46,500 per month and other benefits. Kothari Fellowship 2019 Last Date, there is no particular date for the application, it opens all the year-around.
Graduate, Post Graduate Students and Research Fellows can also find more Fellowship Articles to explore various fellowships across India to know the funding opportunities.
The selection process for this post-doctoral fellowship, which can be held for up to 3 years for research in the chosen field, remains open throughout the year. You will find all the Kothari Fellowship details in this article. These details include award value, conditions of eligibility, application process and other important information. See the table below for a brief overview of these details.
Kothari Fellowship – Overview
|Award details||A monthly fellowship amount up to Rs.46,500 along with contingency grant, HRA, and other benefits|
|Application period||Remains open all the year-round|
|Eligibility||Ph.D. degree holders with the maximum age limit of 35 years|
|Application process||Online application through the DSKPDF (Dr. D. S. Kothari Post-Doctoral Fellowship) official website.)|
Kothari Fellowship – Application Procedure
UGC allows applicants to apply online through the official website of the UGC Dr. D S Kothari Postdoctoral Fellowship Scheme to make the application process easy and simple for applicants. The University of Savitribai Phule Pune acts as a nodal agency to implement the selection process online. Find the step-by-step guidance on applying for the Kothari Fellowship.
- First, applicants must go to the UGC DSKPDF website home page and scroll down to click the’ Apply’ button.
- The applicants now have to apply for login and password by clicking on’ Request for Login & Password for Online Application filling’.In order to authenticate the information provided, applicants must follow the instructions given in the email.
- The candidates will receive an email after the verification process containing the login ID and password within 10 working days of submitting the application form.
- The candidates now need to use the login ID and password to complete the Kothari Fellowship’s online application form. Within 10 days of issuing the login ID and password, applicants must complete the application process as they expire after that period.
- The applicants must upload all the required documents in PDF or doc file individually, which must not be more than 100 kb in size.
- The applicants must take their application form’s printout and attach all the documents required. Now, it is necessary to send this completed application to the address mentioned below.
Kothari Fellowship – Time Period
This fellowship can be applied at any time of year for not more than 3 years in the field chosen by the candidates. Thus, the Kothari Fellowship’s application period remains open throughout the year. And when selected, the award-winner must join the department and the mentor no later than 6 months from the date of issue of the letter of the award of the fellowship.
Kothari Fellowship – Eligibility Parameters
DS Kothari Scholarship is a post-doctoral research fellowship that is awarded annually to at least 500 science-related Ph.D. candidates. Under this fellowship scheme, candidates must identify a mentor for research work (who is affiliated with a university/institute where the Kothari Fellowship is tenable) and obtain the consent of the mentor for the mentorship. The details of the eligibility conditions that the applicants must meet in order to take advantage of the fellowship’s benefits are given below.
- Under the Faculty of Science, applicants must hold a Ph.D. degree in the relevant subject matter. The candidate’s published research work is preferred.
- Also, only jobless candidates awarded to the Ph.D. are eligible for the fellowship.
- The applicants must be under 35 years of age. Applicants from the reserved OBC, SC / ST / Women and PwD categories are eligible for 3, 5 and10-year age relaxation, respectively.
- Teachers under the age of 35 may also apply for this fellowship to work on confirmed positions in academic institutes.
Kothari Fellowship – Reward
The Kothari Fellowship was initiated with the goal of offering fresh Ph.D. holders an opportunity to overcome the deficiencies in their doctoral-level training and exploring new research avenues in better settings in the Indian University Sector. Under this scheme, financial assistance is provided to the selected candidates that are paid directly by Canara Bank only through the DBT platform to the beneficiaries’ accounts. Find details of the Kothari Fellowship award in the table below.
|Kothari Fellowship amount 2019||The first-year candidates receive a monthly fellowship amount of Rs. 43,800.
The 2nd year candidates receive a monthly Rs. 45,000 fellowship amount.
The candidates receive an amount of Rs. 46,500 per month during the last year of the post-doctoral research fellowship.
|Contingency grant||The candidates receive an annual amount of Rs. 1 Lakh as a contingency grant.|
|HRA (House Rent Allowance)||In the event that hostel accommodation is unavailable in the institution, the applicants would be paid the applicable HRA as per the rules.|
Kothari Fellowship – Main documents
There are a few important documents with which the candidates must be ready to apply for the fellowship. The list of key documents the candidates should have with them is highlighted below.
- Work summary in the prescribed format
- Postdoctoral research proposal in the prescribed format
- Mentor’s CV in the prescribed format
- Graduation Certificates and Postgraduate Certificates as proof of age such as Class 10 Certificate D.
- Graduate certificate or certificate from the University/Institute Ph.D. Guide/Registrar.
- Original letterhead certificate of mentor stating that he/she is willing to guide the applicant in the prescribed NET/SET format for his/her Postdoc research work
- if applicable Reserved Category/Physically Handicapped Certificate
FAQ’s on Kothari Scholarship
How many students can get benefits under the Kothari fellowship?
Kothari Fellowship is awarded to at least 500 eligible candidates.
What are the monetary benefits under the Kothari fellowship?
Kothari scholarship offers benefits up to Rs. 46,500 per month and other benefits.