Karnataka Common Entry Test (KCET) 2020: KCET is a state-level examination administered by the Karnataka Examinations Authority (KEA). It is an offline examination, held for admission to Engineering, AYUSH, Farm Science, B.Pharm. The KCET entrance exam 2020 review will take place on 29 April, 30 and 5 May 2020 (Tentative). KEA will hold the KCET Agricultural Practice Test on May 18, 2020 (Tentative) for those applicants for entry to Farm Universities under the Farm Universities Quota. The “Identification of Agricultural Specific Specimens” examination shall be held to apply for a quota position. The minimum qualification points shall be 50%.
KCET 2020 also known as the Karnataka Common Entry Test (KCET) will be administered by the Karnataka Examinations Authority (KEA) in the final week of April for the admission of candidates to different Engineering, B. Pharm and Agriculture Science courses in Government/University/Private Aided/Private Unaided Institutions in Karnataka State. Applicants who have passed or participate in the qualifying test, i.e. the 2nd PUC/12th grade, will be qualified to appear in KCET 2020. The software of KCET 2020 will be made available in online mode. The test will take place over two days in four different sessions in four topics: Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
KCET Latest Update:
KCET 2020 Application Form has been released, click here to fill KCET Application Form.
KCET 2020 Application Forms will be released from March 6th and closes on March 16th and online application fees can be paid until March 18th, 2020.
KCET Entrance Exam Overview
|Exam Name||Karnataka Common Entrance Test (KCET)|
|Conducting Body||Karnataka Examinations Authority (KEA)|
|KCET Official Website||kea.kar.nic.in|
|Exam Type||State Level Entrance Exam|
|Exam Category||Undergraduate (UG)|
|Total Exam Centers||54|
|Mode of Examination||Offline|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|KEA Helpline||080 – 23 460 460|
KCET Exam Dates
|KCET 2020 Registration Date||February 5, 2020|
|Last date of registration||March 2, 2020|
|Last date to pay the application fees||March 6, 2020|
|Availability of KCET Admit Card 2020||April 10, 2020|
|KCET Exam Date 2020||April 22, 2020 (Biology & Mathematics)
April 23, 2020 (Physics & Chemistry)
April 24, 2020 (Kannada Language)
|KCET 2020 Result Declaration||3rd Week of May 2020|
|KCET Counselling||June 2020|
KCET Eligibility Criteria 2020
All candidates will comply with the eligibility criteria so that their application form for KCET is not refused by the admission authority. It is necessary to fulfill requirements such as educational qualifications, number, topics, residency, etc. Any candidate who does not qualify as required should not apply for the KCET 2020 exam. Please refer to the information bulletin and check the eligibility of the course you are applying for. Nonetheless, a summary of the KCET eligibility criteria can be found below.
- All Indian National applicants are fit for admission to the Government Seat
- Applicants should have passed a qualifying examination from the Board/Institute other than those listed on the VTU website.
- Candidates of Karnataka who have passed the Karnataka State Open University Qualifying Exam are also not eligible.
- Candidates who appear in Class 12 or Second PUC this year may also be subject to a qualifying test with the appropriate passing percentage of marks.
- Candidates who pass in all subjects but then drop one, two or more subjects for the Improvement Exam are also not qualified.
- Students appearing for Karnataka 2nd PUC 2020 do not need to apply their mark card to the KEA, as it will be received directly from the PUE Office.
- Applicants who will participate in the Class 12 exam or have passed the exam from other boards (including J & K) can, however, submit a photocopy of their Class 12 standard mark card by specifying their CET number to KEA.
KCET B.Tech Eligibility Criteria
- Entered Class 12/2nd PUC or similar with English as one of the Languages and obtained a minimum of 45 percent marks in Physics and Mathematics along with Chemistry/Bio-Technology/Biology/Electronics/Computer. (40% of candidates in the SC, ST, Cat-1, 2A, 2B, 3A and 3B categories).
- Merit/Rank shall be equipped by taking the marks in equal proportions in QE and CET in PCM topics.
KCET B.Arch Eligibility Criteria
Passed Class 12/2nd PUC or equivalent achieving 50 percent marks in full at 2nd PUC/Class 12/Equivalent Test in all subjects and a minimum of 50 percent marks in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and also (45 percent for SC, ST, Cat-1, 2A, 2B, 3A and 3B applicants and people with mental retardation or mental illness impairment (including Dyslexia).
KCET Application Form – How To Apply Online?
In the first week of February, KEA will launch the application form of KCET 2020 in online mode for various courses. Applicants will have to review the eligibility criteria as specified by the authority before completing the application form for KCET 2020. The application form of KCET 2020 will only be accessible in online mode. Applicants are advised to keep all required details, such as valid email ID, personal phone number, communication, and academic data, etc.ready before filling out the Karnataka Common Entry Test 2020 application form. The steps below to fill out the application form for reference are as follows:
- Step 1 – Login: Applicants need to press “Registered User?” To continue the online application phase, click here to Register. Enter all the required details and click the submit button. The application number and user ID will be displayed on the screen and sent to the candidate’s registered mobile number and email ID.
- Step 2 – Enter login and Personal Details: Applicants must enter login details (User ID and password) on the KCET 2020 login page. On KCET 2020 Registration, the student information site will be shown where candidates are required to enter details such as ethnicity, caste, class, education, communication, previous KCET examination (if any), school details, etc.
- Step 3 – Uploading Documents: Uploading the candidate’s picture, Left Hand Thumb Impression (LHT) and signature along with the parent’s signature: Import the appropriate photos according to the measurements and scale specified. Scale/Format for reports to be submitted to the KCET Request From 2020 is as follows:
|Documents to be Uploaded||Dimension||Format||Size|
|Photograph: Color photo with white background Mobile photos are also allowed.||3.5 cm x 4.5 cm||jpg/jpeg format||5 to 40 KB|
|Signature: It must be in black or blue ink. Must not be in capital letters.||3.5 cm x 1.5 cm||jpg/jpeg format||5 to 40 KB|
|Left Thumb Printing: Left Thumb Impression of the candidate Left Thumb Impression/Parent/Guardian Signature (Mandatory).||3.5 cm x 1.5 cm||jpg/jpeg format||5 to 40 KB|
- Step 4 – Payment of application fees: Applicants must pay application fees according to their class, whether online or offline, after downloading the images.
- Step 5 – Printing of the application form of KCET 2020: Upon payment of charges, applicants must print the completed application form of KCET in A4 size paper and affix the following documents:
- A recent image of the applicant
- Left thumb printing
Applicants must take the signature and seal of their respective college boards or similar. Applicants are advised to keep 2 or 3 photocopies of the application form secure for potential entry. KCET Application Edit Link-The authorities will also provide the applicants with the opportunity to edit their KCET application form. Candidates will only be able to make corrections within the time specified by the authorities.
KCET Application Fee 2020
- Candidates may make payment only through the offline mode (through the Challan bank specified).
- The application fee is Rs. 650 for applicants in the General & OBC class.
- Candidates that come within the SC/ST classification must pay Rs. 500 as an application fee.
- Rs. 750 for candidates residing outside the state of Karnataka and Rs. 5,000 for candidates residing outside India.
Payment by Challan: The lender must hold a bank version of the Challan and turn over the other two copies of the Challan to the members.
Applicants residing outside India shall pay the fees in the form of a Request Draft drawn up in favor of the Executive Director, the Karnataka Examinations Authority, payable at Bangalore, the petition submission should be sent to the KEA address by specifying the application number.
Practical Test Admission Fees under the Agricultural Quota: Rs. 500/‐ for General and OBC (Rs. 250/‐ for SC, ST and Category ‐1) shall be paid at the respective Practical Test Center on the date of the confirmation of the documentation in the form of a Request Draft drawn up in favor of the Comptroller of the respective University.
KCET Admit Card 2020
- The KCET 2020 Admit Card will be eligible from 16 April 2020 (Tentative) onwards.
- Applicants may access the Admission Card from the official website of KCET, i.e. kea.kar.nic.in, using their Application Number and Birth Date. The KCET Admit Card includes information such as the name of the applicant, the roll number, the location of the Exam Center, the date of the Exam & Time and other data.
- Carry any valid Photo Identity Card including Passport/Aadhar Card/PAN Card/College Id Card/2nd PU/12th Std Examination Admission Ticket/Bus Pass to the Examination Room.
- It is important to keep the admission card until KCET Counseling is completed.
KCET Exam Pattern 2020
This will support the applicants who are studying for the KCET test. The questions in the KCET Question Paper will be taken from the First and Second PUC Syllabus recommended by the PUE. KCET will take place in two days and four hours. On the first day, the Mathematics and Biology Exam will take place in two sessions and on the second day, the Physics and Chemistry Exam will take place in two sessions. See further information on the KCET exam template and the OMR answer sheet below.
- The questions will come from Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology.
- Each query must carry one label and the document will have 60 points.
- Candidates will have to answer questions in 80 minutes.
- Every query will have four choices out of which only one solution is correct.
- There will be no derogatory labels.
- No marks shall be given for multiple answers to a question.
- Exam Mode: Offline applicants from Horanadu and Gadinadu Kannadiga can take the Kannada Language Test.
|Physics||60||60 marks||80 minutes|
|Chemistry||60||60 marks||80 minutes|
|Mathematics/Biology||60||60 marks||80 minutes|
|Kannada (in case)||50||50 marks||80 minutes|
KCET OMR Sheet Instructions
Applicants should be very cautious when labeling the answer in the OMR paper. KEA will run the Optical Mark Reader (OMR) section on its website. The KCET OMR layer is split into two parts, namely the top and bottom sections. The top section will provide information about the applicant, such as the title, CET number, version code and a serial number of the query booklet. In the bottom section, the candidates should show the responses, the signature of the room Invigilator & Candidate and the Left-Hand Thumb Impression of the Candidate. Please check the directions on the KCET OMR sheet below.
- Download and practice the OMR sheet from the website using a blue or black ink ballpoint.
- It will help to improve the consistency of writing and to shad specifics such as Title, CET Number, Query Booklet Version Script, etc.
- The OMR panel will have two sheets in which the upper sheet is to be used for correct response labeling and eventual screening and assessment. The lower layer is covered with a special type of chemical that serves as a carbon paper and will be returned to the applicants at the conclusion of each test session.
KCET Result 2020
The results for KCET B.Tech, B-Farm and Agriculture will be announced online by KEA. Applicants will need to type their registration number to verify their progress. Applicants will need to input their Common Entry Test (CET) number to learn the position grades. The outcome of KCET 2020 would contain information such as subject-matter-wise ratings, overall points received by candidates and rankings earned.
How To Test Outcome of KCET 2020?
Applicants will show their findings by adopting the process set out below.
- Visit the official KEA page, i.e. kea.kar.nic.in entering your KCET 2020 Registration Number and Password/Birth Date.
- Enter Captcha shown above Click the “Submit” button Check the result of KCET 2020 and download it for future use.
- Take a printout of the report after you open it.
- Secure printout of the result for further processing.
KCET Cut off
KEA will release the 2020 KCET cut for the different programs and categories following the declaration of results. KCET cutoff shall be declared in the form of a closing rank at a specific institution or university, in compliance with the choice of the courses and the class of candidates. The cut-off will be decided on the basis of various factors, such as the overall number of candidates who have taken part in the exam, the complexity of the exam, the success of candidates in the entrance test, the availability of seats in the participating KCET institutes or colleges. Variables Determining KCET 2020 Cut Offs
The cut-off for KCET is calculated on the basis of various factors, including the number of candidates, the seat matrix and the allocation.
- The difficulty of the KCET Question Paper
- The number of applicants appearing for the test will be the following considerations for the calculation of KCET 2020 cut off:
- A number of seats available.
- Quality of the applicants in all the test categories.
- Seats designated for the class.
- Average marks obtained by the candidates in the test.
KCET Answer Key
KCET 2020 Response Key will be published online by the Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA). It will have the correct answers to all of the questions that will be posted in the KCET 2020 test. The KCET answer key should help the candidates evaluate their answers. Nevertheless, the marks and rankings can also be estimated by using the KCET answer key. The KCET Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Biology solution key will also be published by some of the coaching institutions on the same day. Candidates can also respond to the answer key, but also cross-check the answers with the approved KCET 2020 answer key.
The KCET question paper is divided into 16 different sets distinguished by codes such as A1-A4, BA-B4, C1-C4, D1-D4. KEA must publish the KCET answer key for all four topics in a similar pattern. Applicants need to test and align the KCET answer key code with the query paper code before accessing the answer keys.
How Do I Download KCET 2020 Answer Key?
- Visit the official website or click the link that will be available later on this page.
- The KCET Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics Response Key access site will be accessed in a new tab.
- Click on the link and the solution key will be opened in a new PDF window.
- Then press the Download button to save the 2020 KCET answer key.
- In addition, open the document and link your answer to the official KCET 2020 response button.
How Do I Contest KCET 2020 Official Response Key?
If an applicant is not happy with any of the responses, he/she can object. The reference to contest the KCET answer key will be allowed after the provisional answer key has been issued. Applicants will only be able to challenge the answer key within the prescribed time. Review the measures below to pose an exception to the KCET 2020 solution button.
- A concern may be posed by a nominee, educator or mother.
- The KCET response key can be questioned by sending an e-mail to [email protected] of the complaint along with the documented evidence.
- The subject line of the mail must be CET-2019-Objection-Subject Title. Don’t make a different subject line.
- Please mention the name of the subject, the version code and the query number in the message.
- After a few days of the complaint posed, the competent authority will share the details.
- The final KCET result will be released in the form of a Rank Card comprising all applicable grades, maximum scores and element scores in Paper-I (Mathematics & Biology) and paper-II (Physics & Chemistry) Candidates may access and print their rank card by logging in with their username.
KCET Entrance Exam – Preparation Tips
Find out some essential planning tips for KCET 2020 that we’ve gathered from a variety of sources for the aspirants.
- NCERT Analysis: Have a good grasp of the NCERT. For the most part, the KCET 2020 exam will have questions from the regular NCERT Books. It is, therefore, necessary for students to have the consistency of all concepts.
- Answer Query: After the first step, the next thing you have to do is practice a lot of queries. This should include the study of all complexity level issues, including straightforward, moderate and tough ones. This will help you gain confidence on the day of the test.
- Make Notes: Make short documents while you’re waiting. It will be very useful in the next few days before the test, as they will have all the important points relevant to each chapter.
- Solve previous year’s Papers: These will give you an idea of what kind of problems have been coming up so far and what they should anticipate on the day of the test.
- Stay Well: Have a good rest and a good sleep. It’s going to be helpful as they’re going to have a fresh mind and be better able to solve the issues.
KCET Counseling Process
KEA will implement KCET 2020 counselling on an interim basis from the first week of June. KCET therapy will be administered in two phases along with the expanded second round and place portion. It should be noted that only candidates selected on the basis of the KCET result will be invited to participate in the consultation process. Candidates will need to register online to participate in KCET 2020 counselling. The following steps will be taken to provide recommendations to KCET 2020.
- Step 1 – Document Verification and Registration: Candidates will have to verify their records at the appointed centres. Candidates may obtain a special ID and password upon positive confirmation.
- Step 2 – Choose Fill and Lock: Next, candidates will need to log in to the system using the User ID and Password. Applicants will have to fill in their choice of institutes and courses after login. Candidates will be allowed to add, modify, delete options. Candidates must close their choices before the last date, otherwise, the system will automatically close their choices. Upon securing, no changes can be made to the options.
- Step 3 – Allocation of seats: Following this, the authorities will first publish the model seat allocation outcome of KCET 2020. Since the mock assignment is rendered so as to let the applicants realize their probability of entry on the basis of their qualifications and their desired seats.
- Step 4 – Reporting at Allotted Institutes: Candidates who will be awarded seats will have to return to the institution to validate their seats and pay the admission fees.
Documents Required for KCET Counselling Process 2020
- Printout of Karnataka common entrance test 2020 application form.
- Original copy of the challan as a proof of payment
- KCET 2020 admit card
- Class 10th/SSLC marksheet
- 2nd PUC/12th standard marks card
- Study certificate countersigned by the concerned BEO/DDPI
- Two recent passport size photographs
- Income certificate obtained from concerned Tahasildar (for supernumerary seats)
- Kannada medium study certificate countersigned by the concerned BEO (for Kannada medium)
- Rural study certificate countersigned by the concerned BEO and a verification certificate (only for GM candidates)
- Caste certificate/caste income certificate/income certificate (if applicable)
- Candidates claiming Hyderabad-Karnataka region reservation (article 371 (j)) must submit the certificate
- Domicile certificate (if applicable)
- Identity card issued by the jurisdictional deputy commissioner/district magistrate/rehabilitation commissioner, for reservation of government seats under Jammu & Kashmir migrants quota
FAQ’s On KCET 2020
How can I register for the 2020 KCET?
You may apply for KCET 2020 in online mode. No other application mode is allowed.
What are the minimum eligibility criteria for KCET 2020?
Applicants should have passed the 12th Standard Examination with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects and any of the optional subjects-Chemistry/Biotechnology/Biology/Electronics/Computer-to be eligible for KCET. Applicants were also required to research for at least 7 years and to move from a recognized college in Karnataka.
How do I access the KCET Admission Card?
The KCET Admission Card will be posted on the official website. Candidates will be able to download their Admission Cards by entering the request number and password of KCET.
Is the calculator authorized in the 2020 KCET?
No, the calculator is not permitted at the Exam Center. Applicants will not be allowed to bring certain electronic gadgets such as mobile phones, pagers, etc. to the Exam Centre.
Get other Engineering Entrance Exams for 2019-2020 Academic Session from Here.