Prof.Joseph Mundassery Scholarship 2019-2020: Joseph Mundassery Scholarship 2020 is a financial aid provided by the Department of Minority Welfare, Government of Kerala. This scholarship is primarily meant to provide financial support to students from economically weaker sections of the society to pursue their education. The scholarship is eligible from SSLC level to Plus 2 and at the Vocational Higher Secondary Education (VHSE) level. Students who have completed Class 10 and Class 12 can apply for Joseph Mundassery Scholarship for UG Students.
Students must belong to Christian, Budha, Sikh, Muslim, Jain or Parsi communities in order to be eligible for the scholarship. Students belonging to Below Poverty Line families are also eligible for the scholarship. Moreover, students must have secured A+ in all subjects at SSLC/Plus 2 and VHSE examinations to avail of the scholarship. The scholarship is named in honor of Prof. Joseph Mundassery, a politician and a literary critic from Kerala, active in the 1950s. Joseph Mundassery Scholarship Last date is August 2020.
Joseph Mundassery Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
- Joseph Mundassery Scholarship is awarded only to students residing permanently in Kerala.
- Applicants must have a bank account in their name with any nationalized banks.
- Students must fall under any of the aforementioned minority communities.
- Students below the poverty line are eligible to apply.
- Students must study in a government or government-aided school or institution.
- Student’s annual family income must be less than 8 lakhs from all sources.
Joseph Mundassery Application Window
For 2019, the application window has ended on 29-08-2019. The next window (tentative) begins from July 2020.
Joseph Mundassery Scholarship Benefits
- SSLC students with A+ grades in all subjects will be awarded INR 10,000.
- UG students with 80% marks and above will be awarded INR 15,000.
- PG students with 75% marks and above will be awarded INR 15,000.
Joseph Mundassery Scholarship Application Process
- Interested candidates will have to visit the Minority Welfare Scholarships at http://dcescholarship.kerala.gov.in/dmw/dmw ma/dmw_ind.php
- Click on Joseph Mundassery Scholarship and select “Apply Online”
- Candidates will have to register themselves and fill in relevant fields such as their educational details.
- Create a password to secure the account.
- Accept the terms and conditions and then submit the application.
- Click on “candidate login” with the newly created credentials.
- Upload relevant documents, such as photographs, and take a print out of the application
Documents Required for Joseph Mundassery Scholarship
- Registration printout with photo affixed.
- Copy of mark list of SSLC/Plus 2/VHSE.
- Copy of allotment memo.
- The first page of Pass Book of the Bank account in the name of the applicant, showing the name of the applicant, account number, branch code, branch address, etc.
- Copy of the Aadhar/NPR Card.
- Copy of Nativity Certificate.
- Copy of Community Certificate/minority Certificate.
- Income certificate in original from Village Office.
- Non-creamy layer Certificate.
- Copy of Ration Card.
The documents submitted by the applicant should be verified online by the head of the institution or the person authorized for that by the head of the institution. Those applications, that can be accepted have to be approved latest by the last date. Those applications which have been verified and approved online should reach, ‘Director, Directorate of Minority Welfare, 4th Floor, Vikas Bhavan, Thiruvananthapuram-695033’, latest by the last date.
Joseph Mundassery Scholarship Contact Details
Directorate of Minority Welfare,
4th Floor, Vikas Bhavan,
Tel. No: 0471 2300524, 2302090
FAQ’s on Joseph Mundassery Scholarship
Can I apply for this scholarship? I am residing in Karnataka.
No. Only students residing in Kerala are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Can students study in private institutions apply for this scholarship?
No. Only students studying in government and government-aided institutions are eligible to apply.
What are the academic eligibility criteria for the scholarship?
Students will have to secure A+ in all subjects or equivalent to be eligible
What is the official website for the scholarship?
The official website can be accessed at http://dcescholarship.kerala.gov.in/dmw/dmw_ma/dmw_ind.php
You can also find more Scholarship Articles for 12th passed, 10th passed Students and many more.