JoSAA Eligibility Criteria – The qualified candidates of JEE Main and JEE Advanced have to register for JoSAA 2019 in order to attend the counseling. The authority will accept the applications of those applicants who meet and fulfill the JoSAA 2019 Eligibility. On the other hand, a non-eligible candidate will not be allowed to register and in addition, his or her application will face rejection. Thus qualified aspirants who wish to get admission in IITs, NITs, IIITs and CFTIs must check the eligibility of JoSSA 2019. The eligibility of JEE Main must be satisfied by candidates who want to apply for admission in NITs, IIITs and CFTIs while the eligibility of JEE Advanced must be satisfied by candidates who want to apply for admission in IITs.
Apart from this JoSAA Eligibility 2019 will also differ according to various participating institutes which offer admission to qualifiers and courses. The institute will grant seat to only eligible candidates in the desired course. The registration will begin from 2nd week of June 2019.
Note: The JoSAA 2019 eligibility for JEE Main will depend upon the Paper 1 (B.Tech) and Paper 2 (B.Arch)
JoSAA 2019 Eligibility for JEE Main Paper 1
Candidates who have appeared in JEE Main Paper 1 must satisfy the following requirements for participating in JoSAA 2019:
- Applicants must have obtained a score above the prescribed cutoff in the Paper 1 of JEE Main
- The candidate must have passed 10+2 with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects with any one of the following subjects Chemistry/Biology/Biotechnology/Technical Vocational Subject.
- Aspirants belonging to general category must have obtained a minimum aggregate of 75% while aspirants belonging to SC/ST category must have obtained 65%.
JoSAA 2019 Eligibility for JEE Main Paper 2
The interested applicants must fulfill the following eligibility to take part in JoSAA 2019:
- Candidates must have qualified Paper 2 of JEE Main by scoring marks equivalent to or above the released cutoff.
- An individual must have studied Mathematics as a mandatory subject in class 12th.
- General category applicants must have secured 75% while SC/ST applicants must have secured 65%.
JoSAA Eligibility for JEE Advanced
A set of requirements must be fulfilled by applicants and these requirements are mentioned as follows
- Candidates must have qualified JEE Advanced examination with a valid score that satisfies the cutoff as prescribed by the authority
- Students belonging to the general category must have obtained 75% in qualifying examination while students belonging to reserved category must have obtained 65%.
JoSAA 2019 – Complete Procedure
- Candidates who fulfill the above mentioned JoSAA 2019 Eligibility for applying for admission in IITs, NITs, IIITs and CFTIs can proceed further to register themselves and fill the application form.
- The registration will commence from the second week of June 2019 tentatively.
- Upon successful registration, students have to fill the choice of courses and colleges according to their preference and interest.
- Applicants have to lock all the filled choices before the given deadline.
- The conducting authority will then conduct mock allotment in 2 rounds
- Through mock allotment and choices filled, students will come to know whether they will get a seat in the desired college or not and in case they will not, then they can change their filled choices.
- After completion of mock allotment, the authority will conduct seven rounds of seat allotment in which eligible candidates will be granted seats.
- If satisfied with the seat then candidates have to download the Seat Allotment Letter and make the payment of Rs. 35, 000
- Once the payment has been deposited, aspirants have to report at the specified venue for verification of documents
- If candidates will not be satisfied with the allotted then they have to choose any of the following options: floating, freezing or sliding.
- Finally, applicants who are satisfied with the seat have to report at the allotted reporting centers to deposit the remaining academic fees in order to confirm their admission.