JEE Main Counselling 2019 will start soon after the release of the JEE Main Merit List. Candidates who score more than the cutoff marks will be eligible for the JEE Main 2019 Counselling. However, the counseling and seat allotment process will take place online. JoSAA is the main conducting body for the JEE Main Counseling. However, the dates for counseling have not been announced yet. It will start in the second week of June 2019. Therefore, if you have appeared in the JEE Main this year, then this article can be very helpful to you.
JEE Main Latest Update:
- JEE Main 2019 7th Seat Allotment has been released on 18 July 2019. Click Here to Check Allotment Result.
- JEE Main 2019 6th Seat Allotment has been released on 15 July 2019. Click Here to Check Allotment Result.
- JEE Main 2019 5th Seat Allotment has been released on 13 July 2019. Click Here to Check Allotment Result.
- JEE Main 2019 4 th Seat Allotment has been released on 09 July 2019. Click Here to Check Allotment Result.
- JEE Main 2019 3rd Round Seat Allotment Result has been Declared on 6th July 2019. Click Here to Check Allotment Result.
- JEE Main 2019 Seat Allotment for the first round has been released. Click here to view seat allotment.
- JEE Main 2019 Mock Seat Allocation for the 2nd round has been released on 24th June 2019. Click here to view seat allocation.
- JEE Main Counselling has been started from 16th June 2019. Click Here to register and Choice Filling.
However, the counseling and seat allotment of the candidates will take place on the basis of the merit list scores, choice preferences of colleges, courses, and availability of seats. Thus, in this article, we have provided you complete details about the JoSAA Counseling details, including dates and process. So, go through the article carefully.
JEE Main Counselling 2019 – Highlights
Well, in this article, we will be discussing the JEE 2019 Counselling which includes the following-
- A brief introduction about JEE Main Counseling
- Events Dates Schedule of the Counseling
- Reservation of Seats in various colleges
- Seat Allotment Matrix of the JEE Main Colleges
- How to Apply for Counselling in details
- Counseling Rounds and Types and Eligibility
- List of Documents Required at the Time of Counseling
- Types of JEE Main Counselling 2019
JEE Main Counselling – Event Dates
Here, we have provided a tentative schedule of the JoSAA Main Counselling 2019. As mentioned earlier, the counseling will take place from the second week of June 2019, here you can check the tentative dates of all the events.
|Registration & filling choices Start||16th June 2019|
|Registration & filling choices Start (For AAT)||21st June 2019|
|Display of Mock Seat Allocation-1||22nd June 2019|
|Display of Mock Seat Allocation-2||24th June 2019|
|Last Date for Registration & Choice Filling||25th June 2019|
|Reconciliation of data, Seat Allocation, verification and validation||26th June 2019|
|Seat Allocation (Round 1)||27th June 2019|
|Document Verification and Acceptance of Seat by reporting at Reporting Centres (Round 1)||28th June – 2nd July 2019|
|Display of seats filled/availability status||3rd July 2019|
|Seat allocation (2nd Round)||3rd July 2019|
|Document Verification and Acceptance/withdrawal of Seat by reporting at Reporting Centres (Round 2)||4th – 5th July 2019|
|Display of seats filled/availability status||6th July 2019|
|Seat allocation (Round 3)||6th July 2019|
|Document Verification and Acceptance/withdrawal of Seat by reporting at Reporting Centres (Round 3)||7th – 8th July 2019|
|Display of seats filled/availability status||9th July 2019|
|Seat Allocation (Round 4)||9th July 2019|
|Document Verification and Acceptance of Seat by reporting at Reporting Centres (Round 4)||10th – 11th July 2019|
|Display of seats filled/availability status||12th July 2019|
|Seat allocation (Round 5)||12th July 2019|
|Document Verification and Acceptance/withdrawal of Seat by reporting at Reporting Centres (Round 5)||13th – 14th July 2019|
|Display of seats filled/availability status||15th July 2019|
|Seat allocation (Round 6)||15th July 2019|
|Document Verification and Acceptance/withdrawal of Seat by reporting at Reporting Centres (Round 6)|
LAST ROUND FOR SEAT WITHDRAWAL
|16th – 17th July 2019|
|Display of seats filled/availability status||18th July 2019|
|Seat Allocation (Round 7)||18th July 2019|
|Document Verification and Acceptance of Seat by|
reporting at Reporting Centres/Admitting Institutes
|19th July 2019|
|Document Verification and Acceptance of Seat by|
reporting at Reporting Centres/Admitting Institutes
(Round 7) WITHDRAWAL OF SEAT at participating
|19th – 23rd July 2019|
JEE Main 2019 Counseling – Previous Year Seat Matrix
Every year, the JoSAA releases a certain number of seats for the Admission in JEE Main. These Seats comes from IITs, IIITs, NITs, and various GFTIs. Therefore, to get a better idea in the JEE Main Counseling 2019 and Seat Allotment Matrix, you can refer to the previous year Seat Allotment Matrix of JoSAA Counselling.
|Name of the Institutes||Total Number of Seats Reserved|
|Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIITs)||4023|
|National Institute of Technology (NIT)||17967|
|Government Funded Technical Institutes||4863|
The JEE Main Counselling 2019 will allow admission of the candidates in NITs, IIITs, and GFTIs, whereas, the JEE Main Advanced 2019 will allow admission only in IITs.
JEE Main Counselling 2019 – Seat Allotment Criteria
The Counseling of the JEE Main 2019, will take place according to the category of the candidates. So, the students can check the reservation and seat allotment policy for the JEE Main 2019 Counselling here.
Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIITs)
- The Admission to IIITs is applicable to All India Category Candidates
For National Institute of Technology (NIT)
- The Admission in NIT is applicable to the Home State Candidates, which means, the candidates who have the same stated of code eligibility as to that of the Institute
- Candidates who belong to the Other State are also eligible
Government Funded Technical Institutes (GFTIs)
- For Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra, Ranchi, and IIEST Shibpur, candidates from Home State and other states are eligible.
- For Assam University – All India and Home State Candidates
- Other GFTIs- All India Candidates
JEE Main Counselling 2019 and Seat Allotment Process
How to Apply for JEE Main Counselling 2019 and Seat Allotment Process
As we have already mentioned, the JEE Main Counseling will take place online. Therefore, the candidates have to register themselves and participate in counseling. They have to complete various stages while applying for the Counselling Round. Hence, the step by step procedure to apply for the JEE Main 2019 Counseling Round is as follows-
This is the First Stage of the JEE Main Counseling. Candidates have to visit the JoSAA Official Website to register. To start with the registration, the candidates have to enter their Roll Number and Password and start completing the next stages.
Choice Filling and Locking
In this section, a list of the colleges and courses will be displayed on the screen. Hence, on the basis of your preferences, select the colleges and courses. Thus, on the basis of your choices provided, the seat allotment will be done. Once you are sure with the choices, click on the lock choices to complete. Candidates must note that, once the choices are locked, you cannot modify it again.
On the basis of the availability of the seats, merit scores, and preferences, the candidates will be allotted seats in the colleges. However, before the actual seat allotment round, a mock allotment round will take place. This will give you an idea of the working of the Counselling of JEE Main 2019.
Payment of Fees and Seat Acceptance
After the allotment of the seat, the candidates have to perform any one of the following
- Freeze- If the candidate is satisfied with the seat allotment and do not wish to participate in the further counseling rounds.
- Float – If in case, you want to keep the allotted seat and also want to upgrade the seat, then you can choose this option.
- Slide- If you want to keep the allotted seat and want to upgrade the course in the same institute, and then you need to choose this option.
- Withdraw- If the candidate has already accepted the seat then they can withdraw the seat by reporting the Institute allotted before the last round of the seat allotment.
Now to confirm your seat, the candidates have to make a payment of a certain amount. The payment can be either done through SBI Challan or Internet Banking. The Seat Acceptance Fee for the Unreserved Category is Rs 45, 000. Whereas, the seat acceptance fees for the SC/ST/SC-PWD, ST-PWD, GEN-PWD, OBC-PWD Category is Rs 20, 000.
Documents Required for Verification
After making the payment of the seat acceptance fees, the candidates have to visit the reporting centers and get their Document Verification done. Hence, in the document verification round, the candidates have to submit the following documents. Hence, the lists of the documents are as follows-
- Three Passport Size Photograph (the one submitted at the time of filling the online form)
- JEE Main 2019 Admit Card
- Provisional JoSAA Seat Allotment Letter
- 12th Class Performance Check
- Undertaking by Candidate
- Valid Proof of Identity Card (issued by govt./last attended school/12th class admit card)
- Receipt of Seat Acceptance Fee Payment
- Date of Birth Proof (10th Class Mark Sheet)
- JEE Main 2019 Score Card
- Class XII Mark Sheet & passing Certificate (if Available)
- Category Certificate (if applicable)
- Medical Certificate
- PwD Certificate (if applicable)
- OCI certificate or PIO card
- Registration-cum-locked choices for seat allotment
Final Reporting to the Allotted Institute
Soon after the Document Verification Round, the candidates have to report the Reporting Center and pay the balance fees and confirm their admission.
JEE Main 2019 Special Round of Counselling
Soon after the JoSAA Counselling Round, the CSAB will be conducting a special round of counseling. This Counselling will be similar to that of the JoSAA.
CSAB NEUT Counseling 2019
- This counseling will take place for filing up supernumerary seats in the North-East Region and Union Territories.
- The Central Seat Allocation Board is responsible for the counseling round.
- The Counselling Round will start from April 2019 onwards for the qualified North-East and Union Territory Candidates.
CSAB SFTI Counseling 2019
- This counseling process will offer admission to Self-Financing Technician Institutes
- The Allocation of the seats will be on the basis of the preferences submitted by the candidate.
- All India Rank in Paper I and II will be considered for seat allocation.
- Around 34 Institutes are participating under CSAB Counseling 2019
Thus, the JEE Main Counselling 2019, is an Online Counselling Process that will allow the qualified candidates to make their choices of Colleges and Courses. More than 20, 000 Institutes will be participating in this Counselling Round. The JEE Main 2019 Counseling will take place from 2nd week of June 2019 onwards in seven rounds. If you have any queries regarding the counseling then please comment on the section below.